Status
Not open for further replies.

MAL

Self-requested ban
Banned
May 25, 2020
Man, if an Xbox console can have such negative deposition with people and still be in shot of selling near to 2 thirds of its predecessor, I wonder how much a competent Xbox console is going to do?

Wulfer

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That ----- We just don't know yet? Something big is going on with Sega? Is it MS, Sony or Nintendo? We don't know yet. We know MS has been working on its relationship with Sega and Japan in general. There's a big thread on this on Era surprised its not on the front page?

In Amber Clad

behind a perfect mask
Aug 26, 2018
London
Course locked in. On our way 😃

giphy.gif

coma

Oct 28, 2017
Excited to see what MS has to announce over the next month or so.

And will second: dumb thread title, once again. Maybe time for someone else to take over...

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
If people are scared by PR marketing of the competition, what is it going to be when they fully announce their first party ?

Let's enjoy the Sony show as we are going to enjoy the XBOX show in July.

And we will see which goes the most delivered 😌
1589769600-97dcbfe3-2743-4ccc-9c86-99badd231b4b.jpeg

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Zhuge commented awhile back that we'll see cross-gen games for PS4. You can use the search bar, type in his name, and probably find it. He also said some PS4 projects were moved onto PS5.

Probably (hopefully) my last comment on the cross-gen stuff: Honestly, games are games. When the 360 launched I spent most of my time playing Halo 2 lol. My most played game during the PS4 launch wasn't Killzone, it was Battlefield 4 - a cross-gen game (and shit I still haven't played Ryse even though it was a exclusive game for Xbox One & I have Game Pass).

The game I'm most looking forward to this year besides Halo Infinite (and maaaybe Cyberpunk)? Mario 3D World for Switch. A game that originally came out in 2013. I can't wait to play it.

I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. It's gonna be Halo and Cyberpunk for me for sure and Watch_Dogs Legion and I for sure still will have unfinished games in my backlog by that time too. That's why BS is so damned important.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

I have yet to play a Watch Dogs game lol. I thought about picking up Watch Dogs 2 when it was on sale a week or two ago, but I think it runs at like 720p or something. For a current gen game thats rough.

With that said, the Nvidia RTX raytracing enhancements on Legion look really nice. I'm curious to see how Raytracing will perform on next gen consoles.

That's why BC is so damned important.

Sidenote, I downloaded my 360 edition of Burnout Paradise today and saw EA delisted all the DLC for it lol. I guess they want people to buy the remaster but... c'mon EA. Just make the DLC free and move on.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. It's gonna be Halo and Cyberpunk for me for sure and Watch_Dogs Legion and I for sure still will have unfinished games in my backlog by that time too. That's why BS is so damned important.
Elden Ring too.

People are in for a shock if they really expect launch titles to be on par with the UE5 demo.

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
If people are scared by PR marketing of the competition, what is it going to be when they fully announce their first party ?

Let's enjoy the Sony show as we are going to enjoy the XBOX show in July.

And we will see which goes the most delivered 😌
1589769600-97dcbfe3-2743-4ccc-9c86-99badd231b4b.jpeg
I wish people would listen to this because for me, I was at lunch and was checking Era and saw the PS5 news of the event and then looked at my schedule and saw I was off and said to myself... "I can't wait to see that presentation". I am not a big Sony fan, I have a Pro, but mainly play on PC or Xbox, but still like some of the games and am looking forward to the presentation like I am looking forward to the Xbox stuff coming.

But this is Era and some can't help themselves when it comes to console wars and such. I hope things are civil, but I have been around a long time and know how things traditionally go.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just beat South Park: The Fractured But Whole and thoroughly enjoyed it, but wanted to highlight that the simple use of time powers to solve puzzles is what Quantum Break should've used to maximize the full use of Jack Joyce's time powers.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
So I just beat South Park: The Fractured But Whole and thoroughly enjoyed it, but wanted to highlight that the simple use of time powers to solve puzzles is what Quantum Break should've used to maximize the full use of Jack Joyce's time powers.
Haven't played Control yet but Remedy games are pretty much linear combat only games as far as I can remember and I'm fine with it. QB had some light(pretty much nonexistent) traversal stuff with time powers but not what I expect from them.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haven't played Control yet but Remedy games are pretty much linear combat only games as far as I can remember and I'm fine with it. QB had some light(pretty much nonexistent) traversal stuff with time powers but not what I expect from them.
QB had cool time powers and primarily used them for combat when there is so much they could've used it for to expand the gameplay. They also didn't need to have a manual upgrade system and could've used their linear world design to it's strength by automatically upgrading specifically to that location/level and designing the level and enemy/boss encounters around that upgrade. It would've taken a solid/good game to really good/great game.

Last edited:

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Ok but, like. What if Halo: Infinite marketing has all been a bait. And you play as Chief AND Cortana. The Chief parts are as expected, perhaps with some open world parts. But the Cortana parts are like Halo Wars 3/Sim Halo, where you manage the Halo ring and then produce units to attack the chief. And then...

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I have yet to play a Watch Dogs game lol. I thought about picking up Watch Dogs 2 when it was on sale a week or two ago, but I think it runs at like 720p or something. For a current gen game thats rough.

With that said, the Nvidia RTX raytracing enhancements on Legion look really nice. I'm curious to see how Raytracing will perform on next gen consoles.

Sidenote, I downloaded my 360 edition of Burnout Paradise today and saw EA delisted all the DLC for it lol. I guess they want people to buy the remaster but... c'mon EA. Just make the DLC free and move on.

WD2 is fantastic, improved on almost everything the first game didn't do too well. If they actually make the driving fun now and have it feel proper.....it will be great. WD2 sadly IS rough on Xbox One yeah, and they sadly never enhanced it for X.

The game has framerate issues but also horrible aliasing and is just blurry, One X games really spoilt us, haha. I hope they can have raytracing in the XSX version of WDL, that be something.

Isnt the sega news on the 4th in japan? The ps5 reveal is on the 5th in japan

Ooooh, I wasn't aware of that. Of course. Then it probably isn't Sony related, or at least not Sony only.

Elden Ring too.

People are in for a shock if they really expect launch titles to be on par with the UE5 demo.

Oh yes, forgot that ER is a current gen game. Or did you mean you think it will be releasing this year, since I mentioned Halo, WDL and Cyberpunk?

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
I think it'll be SX only, like you said would be difficult to get it to run on the XB1 probably. But we'll see.

Speculation time, what do you think they'll do and show for the July event?

343i- Halo Infinite, obviously. This is their "killer app"- they need to do a "deep dive" into the campaign to demonstrate what makes it stand out (if there's something that does). Followed by a breakdown of the multi-player suite offerings. End off with info about flighting dates.

Ninja Theory- Hellblade 2 was the face of XSX. They need to show the game running in-engine. I don't expect them to have the combat nailed down yet, but it would be nice to see what, if anything, is going to replace the pattern recognition puzzles- that was the most iconic element of Hellblade (gameplay-wise), so I want to see how they are building on the story and the progression of Senua's psychoses.

Rare- Everwild is a question mark. We need another in-engine trailer, showing the game loop. Doesn't have to be uninterrupted gameplay, but at the end of the presentation people should be able to describe at least what genre we are talking about.

Playground- show the RPG-that-might-or-might-not-be-Fable. Preferably in-engine cinematic, to get an idea of the art style, followed by a brief story synopsis and "what type of RPG is this"

-some kind of Forza news here- show shiny cars and Ray-traced weather effects running @ 60-120 FPS.

Back to new games: the Initiative. Title card, cinematic- anything. And a brief description- if it's a cinematic 3rd person action adventure as many are saying- for the love of God, shout it from the rooftops. We all hate list wars, but this is the one occasion you need ALL the names.

Double Fine- Psychonauts 2 running on XSX at 4K 60- 5-7 min game demo, showing off the weird stuff inside people's minds. Another chance to show off some real eye candy effects with the outlandish art style.
-if DF has a new IP in the works, name-drop that.

Coalition: Gears tactics- drop the console release date + show off how nice it looks on XSX compared to the One (or even a high-mid-range PC). Do a Gears 6 tease at the end.

InXile- if their new project's too raw, I'd skip'em. Wasteland 3 on the new console's cool... but there might be limited time, and i'm say that's low priority for now, save that for XO.

Undead Labs- if State of Decay 3 has something solid to show; could be just a logo though

Compulsion- I thought they'd be one of the team's most likely to have something for launch, but given some latest news about their hiring spree, I'm now thinking they might be one of the few studios sitting this one out.

Obsidian- The Outer Worlds DLC (if its in the works), followed by whatever their big new IP is. We need a name, the type of RPG it'll be, and it would be nice to get a glimpse at the style- same as Playground, basically. If it's truly a Bethesda-style game- don't be afraid to make the comparisons.
-I'd save Obsidian for the end. Not gonna speculate on acquisitions, XGS showings, or 3rd party (do hope to see Elden Ring, at least! lol)

- I don't think World's Edge is gonna be part of the July show; Mojang will probably get a moment.

That's my 1st party wishlist. What I'd have liked to see if I was shopping around between consoles (I'm not, but xbox will probably get lots of my money via Steam or GamePass regardless).

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
WD2 is fantastic, improved on almost everything the first game didn't do too well. If they actually make the driving fun now and have it feel proper.....it will be great. WD2 sadly IS rough on Xbox One yeah, and they sadly never enhanced it for X.

The game has framerate issues but also horrible aliasing and is just blurry, One X games really spoilt us, haha. I hope they can have raytracing in the XSX version of WDL, that be something.

Ooooh, I wasn't aware of that. Of course. Then it probably isn't Sony related, or at least not Sony only.

Oh yes, forgot that ER is a current gen game. Or did you mean you think it will be releasing this year, since I mentioned Halo, WDL and Cyberpunk?
I mean I HOPE it comes this year, but yeah, just agreeing with the sentiment that my most played in the first year or two will be cross gen games.

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
Loving Minecraft dungeons, hope they support it for years to come.
Getting new weapons and buffs is really addicting.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Totally unrelated to anything here besides that it's mixer, but I don't wanna make a new thread for this. Someone on Mixer (with support from Mixer) is hosting a bunch of streamers to talk about personal stories related to mental health. Intense but good to see, I think.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like Bioshock Collection just received a 4K update on the One X. Thread about it on the main page.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Love you Kaironaut...but this is a shit ass OT title. LOL

I'm so embarrassed by your title that I'm going to start a new OT that I'm not embarrassed to post in.

Status
Not open for further replies.