• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
In my opinion, if that game wasn't called Gears, it'd be much better received and would have received significantly more attention. That franchise has been washed for a while now.
Agreed. It's not even Gears that is bad. It just seems like a lot of people dismiss the game because we're on Gears 5-6. I know for me, someone who hasn't played the old Gears, it never interested me to jump into Gears 5 without knowing wtf is going on.

I think the super long numbered series only works well when each game is it's own story. Like Final Fantasy. I would be cool with Gears going in that direction.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
In my opinion, if that game wasn't called Gears, it'd be much better received and would have received significantly more attention. That franchise has been washed for a while now.

Yeah that's why I haven't touched it. The series ran out of steam for me and I moved on. That's why I was hoping they would God if War it and make something significantly different, purely for my own selfish reasons. I wouldnt have given God of War the time of day if it weren't for that. It's why I want a halo rpg as well :p

Gears of War fans seem to like it though, so that is what is important.

Shirkelton

Aug 20, 2020
Gears 5 has a whole heap of structural problems because of the open world stuff that doesn't gel, but when it works, it's a great game.

Hoodie Season

Jun 17, 2020
I still need to finish Gears 5
Same. I think I posted before but this game is no joke on insane. Was doing a Gears series campaign run and when I got to 5 I decided for some stupid reason to play through on insane. I'm in Act 3, Chapter 2. I'll get stuck on an encounter for months lol though I only go to it once every few weeks. Before the campaign run I must have put 60-70 hours into Gears 5 multiplayer though. Love me some Gears!

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
not even indies are safe from delays, at this point half the games in early 2023 are going to be delayed just so they don't have to compete for dates with the big boys

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
not even indies are safe from delays, at this point half the games in early 2023 are going to be delayed just so they don't have to compete for dates with the big boys

Delays are now happening every month, even games with dates!, this is industry wide. The only saving grace is that 2023 is so stacked that the unannounced games that might have hit next year now have some breathing room on their dates, this snowball effect should mean a healthy amount of games and less delays every year going forward (fingers crossed).

Brot

Oct 25, 2017
the edge
It's like the pandemic wasn't just an excuse and had a huge ripple effect across the entire industry that is going to be felt for years, or something.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
It's like the pandemic wasn't just an excuse and had a huge ripple effect across the entire industry that is going to be felt for years, or something.
How dare you even breath a suggestion of such heresy.

To be fair, I think most people in this forum have come to acknowledge this reality. Not so much in the broader gaming discourse sphere. But "knowing and understanding" nonetheless doesn't equal "coming to peace with" for many haha.

Governergrimm

Jun 25, 2019
Delays are now happening every month, even games with dates!, this is industry wide. The only saving grace is that 2023 is so stacked that the unannounced games that might have hit next year now have some breathing room on their dates, this snowball effect should mean a healthy amount of games and less delays every year going forward (fingers crossed).
I don't know. I feel like the pandemic stretched all those dates out as well. If they were originally planned for fall 2023 now they'd be summer 2024. Maybe eits just pessimism at this point but I don't have this feeling that 2023 is going to be stacked with unannounced games.

AImalexia

Prophet of Truth
Aug 31, 2021
We were told when the pandemic started that the games slated for 2022/2023 would get the big delays, not the ones coming out in 2020/2021. Some people think that because they can go outside without a mask it means that those months/years of no outsourcing, voice acting, motion capture, are now magically restored.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Everwild, Fable and SOD 3 are going to be launch games for the next Xbox.

We don't need new consoles (other than mid gen refreshes) for a lo-ong time to come.

What's the point in new hardware in say 4-5 years when most devs will have barely cranked out 1 game in that time?

Hell it doesn't even feel like this gen has properly begun for either of the new consoles.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I don't know. I feel like the pandemic stretched all those dates out as well. If they were originally planned for fall 2023 now they'd be summer 2024. Maybe eits just pessimism at this point but I don't have this feeling that 2023 is going to be stacked with unannounced games.

I feel with the resource squeeze and hybrid working, dates they though they would hit with ease in 2023, have become more problematic, from an Xbox point of view their are def unannounced titles due to hit in 2023, but i think due to current delays and the 6 already announced first party titles due for 2023, the unannounced ones may get some breathing room or internal delays, this is all guessing on my part?

Dabcelwero25

Oct 6, 2021
We don't need new consoles (other than mid gen refreshes) for a lo-ong time to come.

What's the point in new hardware in say 4-5 years when most devs will have barely cranked out 1 game in that time?

Hell it doesn't even feel like this gen has properly begun for either of the new consoles.
I still think there will be a PS6/Xbox Series XXX in 2028 or 2029.

I see Fable coming out this gen Playground seem pretty consistent even though an RPG is a whole different ball game to a racer.

As for Everwild I will just be happy if it doesn't get cancelled at this point.
If it's true that Playground still has ~130 job openings, it's very likely that Fable is still in early pre-production.

Adilson

Jul 28, 2022
Tbh, I don't see any of those games before 2025.

i can see fable being released in the second half of 2024, because i think playground games has a very well defined game production methodology/philosophy (much more than rare or undead labs), but if they need more time, there's no reason for ms not to give it to them! (fable seems to be a very ambitious game).

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
i can see fable being released in the second half of 2024, because i think playground games has a very well defined game production methodology/philosophy (much more than rare or undead labs), but if they need more time, there's no reason for ms not to give it to them! (fable seems to be a very ambitious game).

Well Fable got some kind of reboot in 2020 and with covid on top of that, 2024 might be a stretch? Who knows I guess. It took the first Horizon zero dawn roughly six years to make I believe, and while I am not necessarily comparing the games themselves, I only bring them up because Guerilla was working on a genre they were unfamiliar with and had to staff up to accomplish that, much like playground. And that six years was before covid.

Adilson

Jul 28, 2022
Bem, o Fable teve algum tipo de reinicialização em 2020 e, com o covid além disso, 2024 pode ser um estiramento? Quem sabe eu acho. Demorou cerca de seis anos para que o primeiro Horizon zero amanhecesse, e embora eu não esteja necessariamente comparando os jogos em si, só os trago porque Guerilla estava trabalhando em um gênero com o qual eles não estavam familiarizados e precisavam de pessoal para conseguir isso. , muito parecido com playground. E esses seis anos foram antes do covid.
[/CITAR]

yes I agree!, I even think that all these new XGS studios, like obsidian, ninja theory, compulsion and even even the playground deserves a credit of time, because it still has the whole process of structuring its studios in this environment (change of studios, creation of new methodologies, expansion, etc), as you said, horizon zero dawn took 6 years to be created done, and guerrilla was already a sony studio for 6 years from the beginning of the project (that is, it had time to structure itself and then start its new IP), and these factors added to the pandemic show that this time of production of games produced by XGS studios (fable, avowed, hellblade 2 etc) are not unexplainable, in fact they are very logical and explainable (and common in the industry).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.