Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei Rublev

Jun 8, 2018
I was ragging on Xbox leadership a few pages back about how the games are always "just around the corner" but the floodgates will inevitably open. If you look at all the projects that they have in the works they can't simply just release one a quarter... We had a period at the end of last year where we got Microsoft Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo: Infinite. We saw a plethora of games the year prior to that as well. Covid is a HUGE factor in how everything has gotten delayed. Just look at the competition and look at how few projects are slated for this fall. It sucks, but it is what it is and you know that Xbox can't have another Cyberpunk or Halo: Infinite situation on its hands.

If there was ever a year for a backlog, this is it.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
This doesn't change my hype for the show. I'm still expecting gameplay from Starfield, Redfall, Avowed, and Contraband. Now if we end up getting very little gameplay at the show again, then yea, it's going to be incredibly disappointing and the wait for more news is going to be very hard.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Please explain how do you plan better? Game development at this scale is difficult yet alone when you're starting from scratch with a new IP and there are so many moving parts that complicate everything not to mention the impact the pandemic has had.

You can't complain on one hand Halo Infinite should've been delayed further and then complain when Redfall and Starfield are delayed to complete and polish everything and shore up as many bugs and fixes.

Exactly

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
This doesn't change my hype for the show. I'm still expecting gameplay from Starfield, Redfall, Avowed, and Contraband. Now if we end up getting very little gameplay at the show again, then yea, it's going to be incredibly disappointing and the wait for more news is going to be very hard.
BASED.

The HYPE will return. And in greater numbers.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Broke: The Starfield delay sucks!
Woke: The Starfield delay is good for the game.
Bespoke: The Starfield delay is because it needed more space.

Oct 12, 2020

I am going to try and follow your example and not let the disappointment overwhelm me until at least AFTER the showcase, should it also prove disappointing. My faith, though somewhat shaken, is still flickering stubbornly.

I still hope the Hype Shelf fills up quickly come June 1st.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
Backlog enjoyers

598775bfc7b6c740420938a3072bc521146de870.gif

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Nobody is acting like you're getting these things handed to you but it takes time to make big-budget games that are hopefully quality especially if they are new IPs being built from scratch and/or a new engine.

Of course, people can understandably voice their frustration or disappointment but to further this narrative to the extreme that Xbox first party is doomed, mismanaged, should've planned better, etc... and conveniently forget all the high-quality games XGS has released last year is silly.
I fully agree with you. Being disappointed is more than fine. Creating false narratives isn't.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am sure MS have some big Game Pass news in the works. Damn, at this rate I will still be playing ER 😋

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Where did I say it would have been the same game?

I said the service elements, the biggest gripe people have with the game, as the gameplay is amazing, would have been the same.

It's only through community feedback that things have slowly improved.

So yes, the service elements of the game would have been the very same, and ergo, would have been twelve months behind where they will be come December.
But Co-op, mission select, Forge, etc aren't service elements. Those are staples in the franchise and have been in Halo since before live service games were even a thing on consoles

What you're talking about is the improvements to the Battlepass, Challenges, etc but I'm not talking about that

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
It's literally has Jez said. Delay Halo Infinite 6 months-year. You could make that your big 2022 game and release Redfall and Starfield next year when they are ready. That is how you plan.

Also, nobody is mad Redfall and Starfield got delayed. Games have been getting delayed since the generation started. We should be used to it. Its the lack of preparation and 2022 outlook that people are mad about.

I hope you and Jez realize that these games had plans and they changed. And having a backup plan doesn't guaranteee success. That plan can also face the same delays and hiccups. Also, delaying Halo changes nothing. It doesn't fill a gap in time. And it doesn't magically fix the problems they're facing. Evidence by them still sorting these things out after launch. Keep proposing a magic button that doesn't exist. Game development is hard.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I m kinda sad since starfield was the game i wanted to play the most this year . But i can take it, if it can get a better game......but come on microsoft ?
You got nothing for the first part of 2022, and you got nothing for the end of the year?
I really hope that contraband is for this year......and project belfry.
But if this is not the case, i don't even see myself playing a lot on xbox this year. Maybe some gamepass game like stalker 2 if it's still a 2022 games, a plague tales 2, and this is it ?
kinda happy to own every platform, but i don't like when a platform have nothing to give for some month.s Feel like the end of year, it's going to be pc with forspoken ( and hogward legacy) and some steam deck games, ps5 with GOW 2 ( and hoping for FF16), Xenoblade 3 on switch, and xbox, i don't know nothing XD
I kinda want to see more the show now next month, to see what they will do to counter their miss.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes...... and no.

If we are lucky in 2022 we will have Forza, Pentiment and As Dusk Falls.

Big Yikes.
I've already stated that after the acquisition of Activision Blizzard is complete that it will likely take a decade for all of these studios to be completely aligned and running on full cylinders with efficient pipelines pumping out quantity and quality titles consistently on a year by year basis.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I was ragging on Xbox leadership a few pages back about how the games are always "just around the corner" but the floodgates will inevitably open. If you look at all the projects that they have in the works they can't simply just release one a quarter... We had a period at the end of last year where we got Microsoft Flight Simulator, Psychonauts 2, Age of Empires IV, Forza Horizon 5, and Halo: Infinite. We saw a plethora of games the year prior to that as well. Covid is a HUGE factor in how everything has gotten delayed. Just look at the competition and look at how few projects are slated for this fall. It sucks, but it is what it is and you know that Xbox can't have another Cyberpunk or Halo: Infinite situation on its hands.

If there was ever a year for a backlog, this is it.

Agree

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Contraband this November
👀 👀 👀
🙏 TRUST & Believe 🙏

Explore the Massive cities, structure & landscape of fictif 1970s south Asian solo or with your friends
Manage your business and $
Make your 1970s smuggler character
Plan your heist, the equipment and people that you will bring and many more...
Upgrade your characters traits, Mecano, Racer, Shooter etc...
Bring gas with you to avoid breaking down
Play with the massive Sandbox

latest

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
I hope you and Jez realize that these games had plans and they changed. And having a backup plan doesn't guaranteee success. That plan can also face the same delays and hiccups. Also, delaying Halo changes nothing. It doesn't fill a gap in time. And it doesn't magically fix the problems they're facing. Evidence by them still sorting these things out after launch. Keep proposing a magic button that doesn't exist. Game development is hard.
The problem that they're having is lack of content. If they delay the game, they have more time to give the game content instead of what they are doing now (6 month seasons, delaying features, etc)

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Maaaan scorn bout to be delayed again too it's all up to slime rancher 2
Don't need bad juju sent towards Scorn. Good vibes. This and Forza. Good vibes.
The problem that they're having is lack of content. If they delay the game, they have more time to give the game content instead of what they are doing now (6 month seasons, delaying features)

How? How does development magically get sped up? They're doing the same work. And they still would've have to deal with the problems they faced when they went live after the delay. We have so much information and history available to contextualize development and the problems faced. And it's consistently ignored.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
If MS shows 2023 games I'm expecting quarter dates rather than firm dates... like Fall or Q3 2023 for say Hellblade rather than a 10.21.2023 kinda thing. Allows for flexibility..

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Feels like this summer's showcase is going to be much like last summer's in that we'll get a lot of stuff that's super exciting in the moment but then that excitement is severely blunted once you realize that what we're seeing is so far off.

Like, seeing Avowed, Starfield, Redfall, Hellblade etc will be nice and all, but knowing that they're still a year+ away is super deflating. I was all excited about that 5 month, super hype lead up from summer reveal to fall release for Starfield. Now it's going to be reveal followed by who knows how many months of silence as they finish the game.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
Don't need bad juju sent towards Scorn. Good vibes. This and Forza. Good vibes.

How? How does development magically get sped up? They're doing the same work. And they still would've have to deal with the problems they faced when they went live after the delay. We have so much information and history available to contextualize development and the problems faced. And it's consistently ignored.
Doing that development when a game is RELEASED and doing that development when a game is UNRELEASED is completely different

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
If MS shows 2023 games I'm expecting quarter dates rather than firm dates... like Fall or Q3 2023 for say Hellblade rather than a 10.21.2023 kinda thing. Allows for flexibility..
I just want to have a timeframe for when a lot of their announced games are expected to release, even if it's just a year. I'm tired of all the speculation.

ForoBud

Jul 12, 2021
But Co-op, mission select, Forge, etc aren't service elements. Those are staples in the franchise and have been in Halo since before live service games were even a thing on consoles

What you're talking about is the improvements to the Battlepass, Challenges, etc but I'm not talking about that
Yes, and it would have been nice to have those on release, but I'm glad they released it when they did. I thought the campaign was fantastic, and beyond the lack of co-op, felt like it was pretty complete. Beyond the addition of co-op, I'm not sure what else delaying it would have done for the campaign.

I mention the service elements, because that's what the community is frustrated by with the game. And if they delayed the game a year, they would have launched it with the exact same problems in that regard as they did last year. Therefore they would be a year behind where they will be in December with regards implementing improvements.

I'm not even saying Halo should have been delayed is a crazy opinion to have. It's not. But it's a highly subjective one. And using the Starfield delay as proof, is just wrong I Ó. There's no relation to delaying Halo and the Starfield delay. As I said, game development is hard. If everyone at Xbox knew 100% Starfield would be delayed, maybe they'd have considered it. But they didn't, so they didn't.

You can't plan for game delays, otherwise you might as well schedule 20+ games to release in a year just incase 15 get delayed. You call it bad management, I call it game development.

And my whole issue with your post initially was your claim that Xbox barely even release games. I'm not sure what delaying Halo has to do with that point.

But anyone, I feel like I'm retreading old ground now, so I'll leave it at that.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Even if they got no games for this year...i want to see everything for the next years. I want to see what is the game that compulsion is making, the zenimax online games, more from everything.
At least, knowing what kind of games is coming etc.....not just " codenames" etc....they can do this when we know that some games are coming soon.
If they have nothing, at least be open about every games they are working.
I have some friend that ask me ' what games is coming?" etc....from some times. This is bad when to tell people that games coming are only ' i read this code name there" etc.....xD

flaxknuckles

Oct 25, 2017
Explore the Massive cities, structure & landscape of fictif 1970s south Asian solo or with your friends
Manage your business and $
Make your 1970s smuggler character
Plan your heist, the equipment and people that you will bring and many more...
Upgrade your characters traits, Mecano, Racer, Shooter etc...
Bring gas with you to avoid breaking down
Play with the massive Sandbox

latest
Sounds amazing on paper. Fuck it.

CONTRABAND NOVEMBER 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.