• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Pick a name, any name

• Say Hola to Halo

Votes: 62 12.6%
  • Age of Infinite Horizons

Votes: 144 29.3%
  • 20 years, 23 studios, Infinite Halo

Votes: 118 24.0%
  • Oh, I like it

Votes: 23 4.7%
  • …And the Horse You Rode In On

Votes: 18 3.7%
  • Happy Anniversary Xbox!

Votes: 75 15.3%
  • You're safe now

Votes: 51 10.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
Welcome, everyone, to OT XVI, the OT where Figments forgets what page the thread is on because they were playing Resident Evil 4 VR for Halloween.​
lolll. Well, new title incoming once Figments finishes with RE4? XD Take your time

def need to hear more later...

It's quite interesting that Sarah led this. She's really doing a bit of everything right now. Granted, she leads "partnerships", but clearly the scope of that has expanded beyond just getting games for Game Pass or ID@Xbox. Someone asked Grubb and Minotti (IIRC) an interesting question about who's the obvious choice to succeed Phil Spencer and suggested Bond. And I wasn't convinced a week or whatever ago, mostly because she's still so new to the org, but.. clearly she's been on the frontlines of all the big Xbox initiatives [rather than just the XGS game decisions, which Matt Booty continues to have on lock.]

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Been thinking for a while that Sarah Bond would be an awesome pick for the next head of Xbox. Not that I want Phil to leave any time soon!

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Bond would be a perfect replacement. Not that I want to see him go any time soon, but wouldn't be surprised if this was Phil's last gen as commander and chief. Phil's 53, has been working for Microsoft for ~30 years, and has been steering Xbox as head since 2014, arguably through the brand's darkest days, and now it's most experimental and busy era ever. Can only imagine how exhausting that must be.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
Phil is going to be the big boss of microsoft one day !!
the day will come when azure is going to be called xcloud, windows is going to be called xbox desk etc etc ! Haha

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Phil is going to be the big boss of microsoft one day !!
the day will come when azure is going to be called xcloud, windows is going to be called xbox desk etc etc ! Haha

I could see it..I think he is the only person who (through all of his years at Microsoft) knows how big each division like Azure, Office, Windows, and Xbox mean to Microsoft

Plus, that dude convinced a new CEO to keep around a brand that was just about at its lowest and convince him to spend and invest more money than ever into it.

Phil Spencer is easily one of my favorite tech/game industry execs ever

Spreadsheet of all owned IP

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Figments small recommendation, we had some great threadmarks last OT. Maybe we can add them to the OT?

I made a spreadsheet of all Microsoft owned IP for example:
docs.google.com

Xbox Studios owned IP

Welcome! 🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮 This spreadsheet contains a list of every IP owned by Xbox. Feel free to leave a comment if there's corrections to be made or sources to add! Check our Resetera Xbox OTs for more information on studios and great discussions about Xbox and gaming in general. 🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮🎮...

Here are the other threadmarks:

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Been thinking for a while that Sarah Bond would be an awesome pick for the next head of Xbox. Not that I want Phil to leave any time soon!

Wouldn't Matt Booty the logical successor for Phil? Phil got promoted and he was the head of First-Party so I think that Booty could be next in line.

Sarah Bond would also be a great pick. Nothing wrong with her at all.

Sikamikanico

Oct 25, 2017
A new OT huh? Should be good one, lots of cool stuff now as we head towards the end of the year!

Also, thought I'd share this here, because a) I'm being very self indulgent, and b) it's fucking cool - finally built and finished my new home office. FEELS SO GOOD

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally, a new thread. The rest 2 months of 2021 would be great for Xbox community. Let's go!!

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
lolll. Well, new title incoming once Figments finishes with RE4? XD Take your time

It's quite interesting that Sarah led this. She's really doing a bit of everything right now. Granted, she leads "partnerships", but clearly the scope of that has expanded beyond just getting games for Game Pass or ID@Xbox. Someone asked Grubb and Minotti (IIRC) an interesting question about who's the obvious choice to succeed Phil Spencer and suggested Bond. And I wasn't convinced a week or whatever ago, mostly because she's still so new to the org, but.. clearly she's been on the frontlines of all the big Xbox initiatives [rather than just the XGS game decisions, which Matt Booty continues to have on lock.]

I remember someone saying (might've been Paris Lily) that Sarah was the one who got the MLB deal over the line.

Same here. Important releases coming soon, and this is the best we came up with?

What happened to voting on a OT title?

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The title is perhaps the worst I've seen on Era. I hope this some sort of placeholder. Please don't say this going to be it for a few months Figments ?

Glass

Oct 26, 2017
A new OT huh? Should be good one, lots of cool stuff now as we head towards the end of the year!

Also, thought I'd share this here, because a) I'm being very self indulgent, and b) it's fucking cool - finally built and finished my new home office. FEELS SO GOOD

Home office goals right here !

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Yeah, OT title ain't great....

This is the OT where we're getting FH5, the first mainline Halo in 6 years, a sequel to one of the biggest franchises in PC gaming, the Game Awards, Xbox's 20th Annivesrary, and possibly Hellblade 2 and Avowed gameplay. We can do better. All of the below were great:

Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda |OTXVI| Halo, Gears, and Forza

Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda |OTXVI| Infinite and Beyond

Xbox Game Studios & Bethesda |OTXVI| Age of Infinite Horizons

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Really hope Halo doesnt do any early launch depending on the game version.

Halo launches should be events and Early Access undermines that imo.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
Hmm, after reading more of the whole MS/Sega partnership I'm getting kinda excited.

First thought was that it's just your typical server business like they did with Sony. But why would Sarah Bond be heavily involved when it's all about the server tech? That doesn't make sense to me when there's no game content involved.

dodmaster

Apr 27, 2019
That first page is immense. Well done on the OT, and it's not even finished yet! Kicked it off with a Sega alliance drop, too! Halo and Forza dropping here (plus the TGAs) makes me think this OT won't last the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.