Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Oke this is kinda amazing haha

tenor.gif

Fanboys are a special breed

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
What do I care, but might be better to not try to ridicule or instantly shoot down people just because they aren't praising everything about MS or have a differing opinion. Apparently if you could choose even the OT title should have this kind of energy. Maybe you don't see it and you aren't the only one here, but imo this weird defensive behaviour of certain members makes Xbox OT almost inactive at times because some don't seem to want a balanced discussion, but only a circle jerk basically. This isn't a thing in Sony or Nintendo threads.

There are TONS of posts here from many users that are not universal praise. Constructive Critique is rarely attacked here. This is no cult where people sit around and constantly praise Microsoft. People disagree constantly.

I'm not sure why you're pushing a false narrative that the prevailing mindset here is against having balanced discussions.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, but that whole "as a gamer" was still about a personal preference and not some attack against FS not being a real game, whatever that means. Just a poor choice of words for not being into pure simulators, which is also completely understandable. Even if it was something else, you're free to disagree as much as you want, but disagreeing is different to just trying to mock an opinion.

What do I care, but might be better to not try to ridicule or instantly shoot down people just because they aren't praising everything about MS or have a differing opinion. Apparently if you could choose even the OT title should have this kind of energy. Maybe you don't see it and you aren't the only one here, but imo this weird defensive behaviour of certain members makes Xbox OT almost inactive at times because some don't seem to want a balanced discussion, but only a circle jerk basically. This isn't a thing in Sony or Nintendo threads.

Receipts plz. There is no issue with different opinions in Xbox OT threads. I shit on Xbox's poor launch line-up for months never felt attacked.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
It can be hard to express an unpopular opinion in this thread sometimes, but it entirely depends on the subject and how that opinion is worded. People are generally fine when other posters criticize 343, for example, but people get a little too defensive if you post anything critical of Obsidian. This thread can be something of a circle jerk sometimes, yes, but Sony and Nintendo threads aren't less of a circle jerk than this one, and if you claim otherwise, you're very biased.
I'm not into FS either--it's not for me; I find games like that very impressive but boring--and expressing that kind of opinion is totally fine here. The "as a gamer" part is probably why people took issue with that opinion.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
but imo this weird defensive behaviour of certain members makes Xbox OT almost inactive at times because some don't seem to want a balanced discussion, but only a circle jerk basically. This isn't a thing in Sony or Nintendo threads.
your entire post comes off as you just wanting a reason to complain about the Xbox OT. It's surprising that you don't even see the irony/hypocrisy with your comment? smh... also the parts I highlighted in bold letters is just 🙃.

Last edited:

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
This is how I feel, its cool but its nothing that's wows me. If people enjoy it they enjoy it.

I just feel like this game wouldn't be on xbox if the first party output was so dire and if there was no gamepass how many people would be buying it. Also the controls bother me I feel that destiny type mouse control is very lazy.

And yes "as a gamer"
This comment makes zero sense. It came out on PC last year and if they were so dire to get games out they would have pushed to have it on Xbox One.

Why are so many still trying to come up with "reasons" for everything? They put a lot of money into this game, of course you want to put it out there on devices that can handle it. How about we give props to the devs who were able to get one of the most demanding games out there on game consoles?

Yes, but that whole "as a gamer" was still about a personal preference and not some attack against FS not being a real game, whatever that means. Just a poor choice of words for not being into pure simulators, which is also completely understandable. Even if it was something else, you're free to disagree as much as you want, but disagreeing is different to just trying to mock an opinion.

I've never been into simulators, but just seeing Flight Sim in action gives me that same urge to try it as some big blockbusters. It has the production values, and FS being the type of game it is allows some truly magnificent visuals, and to me the whole thing's a success.

It doesn't need to be a big blockbuster really, because let's be real, it's never going to beat the first person shooters, action-adventures or RPGs in popularity and personally I'll always choose any of these genres over simulators. It's just a preference. Simulators have been around for ages and we know it's a niche genre. That doesn't mean it still can't be popular and I'm sure it is, but I understand why someone would also want more MS games from those more popular genres.
It will be nice when Microsoft finally gets the ball rolling with a steady stream of output from its new development teams, but you bet people will have new "reasons" when that happens.

Oke this is kinda amazing haha

Too funny.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
I find it weird you guys are responding to Bönthö. This is his grift in this thread. He/she seems to follow this thread and most MS/Xbox threads looking for a strawman argument or a reason to complain about this OT or most MS topics in general. There have been several people like this over the years. I don't post often but I know them. They come to provide a "balanced" argument when, in all honesty, its just another form of trolling AFAIAC. I find it best to just ignore them. They leave after a while.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
I mean he essentially got let go from running the Infinite team so… Why? It's gotta hurt, he's probably just out there living his life and staying away from internet toxicity. Can't blame him.
Yea... The sucky part is, significant parts of what makes Infinite good are still probably directly from the vision laid out by Tim Longo and Chris Lee. Certainly, the year since then has done wonders for polish and quality, but I doubt the fundamental arc of the narrative, the fundamental vision for gameplay, the overall scope and breadth of the in-game world, etc changed much from when they were in charge and helping develop these major aspects. Seems like he's still at 343, though? So at least I hope he's doing well in a less public role.

Lengusta

Banned
May 23, 2021
Definitely not "lazy", thems borderline fighting words.They work and they allow for good flexibility. There's only so much you can do with 14 buttons, and plans have a lot more, so unless you want to require a keyboard to play Flight Sim and raise the entry level up by 30 thousand feet, not sure what else you could do without making it overly complicated.

I'm specifically talking about menu controls.

This comment makes zero sense. It came out on PC last year and if they were so dire to get games out they would have pushed to have it on Xbox One.

The xbox one is a piece of shit, it's woefully underpowered. The fact that games are still being built for that console is a disappointment but I understand.

The xbox first party output has been extremely dire.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I love checking in to the Iron Lords Podcast and seeing King go off on his rants and roasts. It's very silly but entertaining.

Deleted member 79058

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 25, 2020
I find it weird you guys are responding to Bönthö. This is his grift in this thread. He/she seems to follow this thread and most MS/Xbox threads looking for a strawman argument or a reason to complain about this OT or most MS topics in general. There have been several people like this over the years. I don't post often but I know them. They come to provide a "balanced" argument when, in all honesty, its just another form of trolling AFAIAC. I find it best to just ignore them. They leave after a while.

I dunno why we give so much attention to this kinda members really. If we see someone is trolling we should just report and ignore them. Too much Xbox's threads derailed by trolls and our need to answer to them already.

See how much off-topic talking we did just because of the "as a gamer" situation.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
I think the Ascent and Flight simulator has been the best 1-2punch release so far on gamepass for me. Whichever title I'm playing...the other one is tugging at me for just a little more playtime. This feeling will only get more palpable as the gen goes along. Like damn... halo, Flight and horizon might be fighting for time all at once. Ah damn...that's not even counting 2k22.

Flight simulator will be the perfect pallet cleanser for quite some time this gen..especially since most every other game i play has some intensity to it. Flight has such a gen feeling it...it's probably the first time I've felt that this gen.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
The xbox one is a piece of shit, it's woefully underpowered. The fact that games are still being built for that console is a disappointment but I understand.

So why won't you give credit they got it on the Series X? It's not like Microsoft is the only one doing cross-gen titles or are supporting underpowered consoles still.

Well yeah if you continue to ignore games like Flight Simulator. Cheer up, Psychonauts 2 is coming, Forza Horizon 5 is coming, Halo Infinite is coming, Age of Empires IV on PC is coming. Now as expected you will tear apart those games too, 'm i right?

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020
I'm specifically talking about menu controls.

I really don't get your tone. You're desperately trying to sound edgy.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I think the Ascent and Flight simulator has been the best 1-2punch release so far on gamepass for me. Whichever title I'm playing...the other one is tugging at me for just a little more playtime. This feeling will only get more palpable as the gen goes along. Like damn... halo, Flight and horizon might be fighting for time all at once. Ah damn...that's not even counting 2k22.

Flight simulator will be the perfect pallet cleanser for quite some time this gen..especially since most every other game i play has some intensity to it. Flight has such a gen feeling it...it's probably the first time I've felt that this gen.

its so relaxing and can be terrifying at the same time lol

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
using the word "gamer" to describe yourself, is a very effective way for me to dismiss and ignore anything you have to say tbh.

Especially as someone who has been harassed and attacked by gamers ™️ if you don't understand the negative connotation that word has, and why it has it, especially on a forum that's served as a safe space for minorities and marginalized groups, and you instead choose to double down, frankly I have nothing to tell you other than to go fuck yourself.

Just my two cents, if I'm speaking out of line, the mods are free to do as they wish with this account, but it disappoints me that an obvious troll was allowed to continue this for this long, and I find it equally as frustrating that people felt the need to actually engage with their shit in here. Don't give people of this ilk the oxygen they thrive on.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
your entire post comes off as you just wanting a reason to complain about the Xbox OT. It's surprising that you don't even see the irony/hypocrisy with your comment? smh... also the parts I highlighted in bold letters is just 🙃.

Lmao. I frequent both OT's (not Nintendo); meltdowns, arguments, protectionism, "depression" etc. are plenty across all.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I've never been into simulators, but just seeing Flight Sim in action gives me that same urge to try it as some big blockbusters. It has the production values, and FS being the type of game it is allows some truly magnificent visuals, and to me the whole thing's a success.

It doesn't need to be a big blockbuster really, because let's be real, it's never going to beat the first person shooters, action-adventures or RPGs in popularity and personally I'll always choose any of these genres over simulators. It's just a preference. Simulators have been around for ages and we know it's a niche genre. That doesn't mean it still can't be popular and I'm sure it is, but I understand why someone would also want more MS games from those more popular genres.
Just ignore the thread please.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
It can be hard to express an unpopular opinion in this thread sometimes, but it entirely depends on the subject and how that opinion is worded. People are generally fine when other posters criticize 343, for example, but people get a little too defensive if you post anything critical of Obsidian. This thread can be something of a circle jerk sometimes, yes, but Sony and Nintendo threads aren't less of a circle jerk than this one, and if you claim otherwise, you're very biased.
I'm not into FS either--it's not for me; I find games like that very impressive but boring--and expressing that kind of opinion is totally fine here. The "as a gamer" part is probably why people took issue with that opinion.
I don't feel this is true, when I want to complain about something (ahem sea of thieves) I do so unabashedly in here.
But as an Xbox thread this is where fans of those games hang out, so it makes sense they will argue their points given the opportunity.

Oct 25, 2017

I am begging you to go outside and touch some grass.

Status
Not open for further replies.