• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought it was commonly accepted that the only reason Halo doesn't have a release date is because they want to see when CoD releases? Microsoft is waiting on that, and, given what Activision is currently dealing with, it may be a while before we hear that.

SilentEagle

Jan 9, 2021
I watched trailer of Prey and became hyped for Redfall.

When I learn Redfall will be open world co-op game I was a bit dissapointed because I was expecting narrative driven vampire game with a dark tone when I heard "Project Omen". But I think the game will be great because Arkane is amazing studio.

Hopefully we can see gameplay at QuakeCon.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Im having a tough time allocating time to all the games i want to play right now.

I want to play flight sim, the ascent and omno next week but am still halfway through ender lilies, deaths door and last stop, plus still want to play cristales. What a great problem to have!

ah Last Stop need to try that one also.

yeah so many games hitting Xbox :)

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Im having a tough time allocating time to all the games i want to play right now.

I want to play flight sim, the ascent and omno next week but am still halfway through ender lilies, deaths door and last stop, plus still want to play cristales. What a great problem to have!

What is Last Stop, I saw it in coming soon section in the app.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
What is Last Stop, I saw it in coming soon section in the app.
It's a 6 hour telltale/life is strange style game set in the UK by the creators of Virginia. I'm only part of the way through but it has British Dr Who vibes and you basically play three different characters and their stories that o assume will meet at some point.

Jun 15, 2020
I guess I might as well stop saying "These will be the last ones" because I apparently am addicted to making these. I used a few third-party characters here, but every one had at least one timed exclusive to xbox in the franchise.

sWjQ42Q.jpg

DHcWqYm.jpg

FrME6Ec.jpg

v001rJa.jpg

qexRYed.jpg

And here's the link to all of them so far: https://imgur.com/a/QSYekzs

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Is Katana Zero supposed to be this damn good? The whole insta trial and error is too damn addictive.

B.C.

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Sep 28, 2018
You guys are funny. I'm not giving Microsoft credit for delaying Halo. The game looked bad period. It shouldn't never got that point to begin with!
It honestly didn't look bad by any stretch of the imagination. Visually it was a pretty game that needed a few improvements. Gameplay wise it looked on deck AF. Now it looks like a legit stunner visually with engaging gameplay.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It honestly didn't look bad by any stretch of the imagination. Visually it was a pretty game that needed a few improvements. Gameplay wise it looked on deck AF. Now it looks like a legit stunner visually with engaging gameplay.

I'm excited for Halo Infinite. But I would say graphically it was actually below average for an AAA game when revealed, and now it's about average. "Stunner" it is not IMO.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited for Halo Infinite. But I would say graphically it was actually below average for an AAA game when revealed, and now it's about average. "Stunner" it is not IMO.
The game looked fine for a AAA game when it was revealed but below what people expected from a next-gen Halo that was launching with a next-gen console and had been in development for 5 years on a new engine. The game now looks good.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game looked fine for a AAA game when it was revealed but below what people expected from a next-gen Halo that was launching with a next-gen console and had been in development for 5 years on a new engine. The game now looks good.

Yeah it looks average (for a big AAA game)/good now. Not a stunner by any stretch though.

It looked below average for any big AAA production last time. If Sony, Ubisoft, EA or any big companies like those released that same underwhelming footage...it would have been rightly criticized too. It wasn't good enough for a big flagship AAA production.

Psi-Duck

Oct 22, 2018
I thought it was commonly accepted that the only reason Halo doesn't have a release date is because they want to see when CoD releases? Microsoft is waiting on that, and, given what Activision is currently dealing with, it may be a while before we hear that.

They are. COD was revealed in August last year, so if they do something middle of August, I think you'll hear about infinite pretty soon afterwards.

The later COD releases, I think hurts Xbox. Let COD release first, and snatch up (hopefully) millions of players who fall off of it with your game.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Yeah the same reason HFW doesn't have a release date. Both are totally coming before the end of the year.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018

yeah gameplay looked awesome, which is always the most important thing, and the latest MP showing looked even better :)

Dec 14, 2017
'One of'. Anything longer than a year in the modern game development era has been an outlier, not the general trend.
2020/2021 has been an outlier, no?
This can happen for indies sometimes. I am seeing a lot of positive press for deaths door and perhaps because its not *free with a subscription, it is not getting a large player base other than game enthusiasts.

The same thing happened recently with Chicory on Playstation. Fantastic critically acclaimed title that no one talked about because it was console platform exclusive and not on a subscription service.
That's a really good comparison. Chicory got some buzz on a few podcasts, though, and not anywhere else I was watching.

In the Xbox YouTube sphere, most of the people with shows are hyping up Death's Door.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah the same reason HFW doesn't have a release date. Both are totally coming before the end of the year.

I don't think COD has much to do with HFW's release date announcement delay. They still seem genuinely unsure if it'll be ready for 2021.

Plus it's not a shooter. Halo and COD have the clear overlap. That said, obviously Sony would prefer not to release their tent pole game in the same week as COD. Halo will make 2021 and is just waiting for COD. HFW is a question mark for even making 2021.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I doubt HFW is waiting on CoD. They are games in completely different genres from different publishers. CoD won't hurt HFW. CoD released 3 days before Skyrim in 2011 and it didn't hurt Skyrim at all. CoD released 4 days before Fallout 4 in 2015 and FO4 had a record breaking launch.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I dont hear him say anything about it being publishing?
I can't watch the video right now, but the reddit post says it's from "Xbox Global Publishing". Maybe the poster got it wrong, I don't know.

Either way, I doubt it's Zenimax Online making a dragon MMO game--they already have TESO with dragons, and their new game has pilotable vehicles. My bet is it's a sci-fi MMO based in the Starfield universe.

Slangblade

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Yeah it looks average (for a big AAA game)/good now. Not a stunner by any stretch though.

It looked below average for any big AAA production last time. If Sony, Ubisoft, EA or any big companies like those released that same underwhelming footage...it would have been rightly criticized too. It wasn't good enough for a big flagship AAA production.
This is true! I'm excited for Halo. I wish people would stop defending the way it look and how Microsoft presented it. Playing it day one but I'll never forget how they treated their flagship game.

ez123

Feb 18, 2020
This is true! I'm excited for Halo. I wish people would stop defending the way it look and how Microsoft presented it. Playing it day one but I'll never forget how they treated their flagship game.
I wish subpar graphics 6 months before release(before delay) weren't treated with over-the-top dramatics.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
"...how they treated their flagship game." ??? You mean giving it an extra 2 (now 3) years of development time, all the resources for a new engine and the biggest first party studio in the industry by far? I would think most studios managing franchises/flagships would die for that.

Onlywantsapples

alt account
Banned
May 13, 2021
there are enough games launching between this month and August to keep me busy for the rest of the year, re gamepass stuff.

to think there's even more after that........

Status
Not open for further replies.