• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
with Windows 11 arriving in the fall do you think xbox UI is going to get a new redesign or just continue their current UI sometime later?

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
E5K23XDXEAIi7yY

A game published by Spike Chunsoft for Xbox, I have to put this here.
Probably doesn't mean anything, but I do wonder why Xbox Series X|S gets called out here on platforms when PS5 does not?

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
careers.microsoft.com

Xbox Category Manager in Warsaw (CEE HQ), Mazowieckie, Poland | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Xbox Category Manager job with Microsoft in Warsaw (CEE HQ), Mazowieckie, Poland. Marketing at Microsoft

Bring your collaborative management skills to the planning and execution of multi-channel Xbox commercial and brand management across Czechia, Slovakia and Hungary. Apply now!

careers.microsoft.com

Xbox Category Manager in Warsaw (CEE HQ), Mazowieckie, Poland | Marketing at Microsoft

Apply for Xbox Category Manager job with Microsoft in Warsaw (CEE HQ), Mazowieckie, Poland. Marketing at Microsoft

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

I like Jez a lot, but after his over-the-top Cyberpunk review ("Cyberpunk 2077 won't be bested for years — it is a masterpiece, wholly without equal. An open-world playground without equal, the most immersive open-world I have ever experienced, etc"), I can't trust his opinion on games.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
He is not wrong.
careers.microsoft.com

careers.microsoft.com

Coming back to this. I think these markets can really see growth for Xbox. Mostly because of gamepass.
For example Poland from a couple of days ago

Vico

Jan 3, 2018

I like how we're posting this here casually as if it was 100% official this game is being published by Xbox. Fun stuff!

On that note, I hope they don't reveal it too early, Contraband's trailer was a bit disappointing, after hearing for weeks from insiders that it was a game further along than most of the other first-party stuff.

wrhwk

Oct 27, 2017
Szeged, Hungary
He is not wrong.

Coming back to this. I think these markets can really see growth for Xbox. Mostly because of gamepass.
For example Poland from a couple of days ago

Absolutely. Though not the biggest markets (the whole population of CZ+SK+HU is about a quarter / third of Germany) but these moderately low income countries are perfect for game pass. I can only speak for Hungary, the hike in prices hit gamers really hard around here, basically a "nextgen" game is more than 10% of the net median wage. With the introduction of game pass and the Series S it seems that Xbox is gaining more and more ground (though there are a long way from where they were in the X360 times).

(Also, damn, I shouldn't have seen this, now I'm really on the fence of applying for the job. :D)

Jimmy1984

Banned
May 19, 2018
I like Jez a lot, but after his over-the-top Cyberpunk review ("Cyberpunk 2077 won't be bested for years — it is a masterpiece, wholly without equal. An open-world playground without equal, the most immersive open-world I have ever experienced, etc"), I can't trust his opinion on games.

I dontt understand what's the problem with cyberpunk: console version PS4 and Xboxone are bad? Yes, those console are really bad and old, imho.

The PC version Is the best? Absolutely yes and in this case Cyberpunk Is One of the best game ever made and every media reviews on PC games are stunning. This Is the true.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Just caught that AI news, that's one hell of a surprise. Hopefully the first game gets a port beforehand (I have it on Switch, but haven't played it yet - just the demo).

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
I dontt understand what's the problem with cyberpunk: console version PS4 and Xboxone are bad? Yes, those console are really bad and old, imho.

The PC version Is the best? Absolutely yes and in this case Cyberpunk Is One of the best game ever made and every media reviews on PC games are stunning. This Is the true.
Clearly, i loved cyberpunk, i didn't expect it to be GTA, i think that a lot of people that don't like the game, wanted a GTA game.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018

The PC version Is the best? Absolutely yes and in this case Cyberpunk Is One of the best game ever made
I disagree. Bugs just hid a fundamentally shallow game. The open world is incredibly shallow with brain dead AI and lack of activities; a far cry from the "most immersive open world game ever made," as Jez claimed. Games made in early 2000s had better open worlds with better mechanics.

Unaha-Closp

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Before the 400 Post necessitates a new OT can I ask about Shrinkable games? Just joined Gamepass and downloading a few games but thought I would have a gander at my storage. The only one it says it can save on is ME Legendary Ed. 72GB. I assume it is going to delete like 2 of the games - can we pick which 2? It's not a huge deal if it yeets ME3 but that is the one I am in the middle of but not currently playing.

Kida

Oct 27, 2017
Before the 400 Post necessitates a new OT can I ask about Shrinkable games? Just joined Gamepass and downloading a few games but thought I would have a gander at my storage. The only one it says it can save on is ME Legendary Ed. 72GB. I assume it is going to delete like 2 of the games - can we pick which 2? It's not a huge deal if it yeets ME3 but that is the one I am in the middle of but not currently playing.
You can install/uninstall the individual Mass Effect games from inside the game.

Voodoopeople

Oct 29, 2017
They knowingly sold something that didn't work.

In Jez's defence that doesn't change the quality of the game on PC. Review scores aren't based on how nice or honest a developer is. His version genuinely worked perfectly I guess and he loved it.

That said, Jez has gone overboard in Previews before. I remember him effusing so much about Gears 5 in advance of release, only for him to be a bit cooler on it after release.

Also, his taste in games is very different from mine. You can tell he's historically a PC gamer. Things that get him hyped are often not those that mainstream console gamers get excited for.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
Man, Xcloud has really improved with the new Series X Blades. My test has always been Minecraft Dungeons.

I play on my Galaxy using a Razer Kishi and before the update the game was completely unplayable. Crazy lag & a ton of artifacting, to the point that it wasn't even worth leaving the camp site.

Now it's almost flawless. I just finished a couple runs with very minimal lag. This is a game changer.

I don't know if anyone else does this, but there are games that I just prefer to play on mobile now. Dungeons, Octopath Traveler and Donut County are in my Xcloud rotation right now.

Need to fire it up again and give it another try.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
In Jez's defence that doesn't change the quality of the game on PC. Review scores aren't based on how nice or honest a developer is. His version genuinely worked perfectly I guess and he loved it.

That said, Jez has gone overboard in Previews before. I remember him effusing so much about Gears 5 in advance of release, only for him to be a bit cooler on it after release.

Also, his taste in games is very different from mine. You can tell he's historically a PC gamer. Things that get him hyped are often not those that mainstream console gamers get excited for.
It's fine to love a game despite its flaws. But calling a very flawed open world game with one of the most brain-dead AI, an open world where NPCs can't drive, NPCs don't react in any normal way to you and walk around like zombies, police appears out of the thin air the moment you commit a crime, and cars swap to other cars when you turn around "the most immersive open world game I've ever played" is just plain ridiculous. Cyberpunk's story is fine, but its open world is very immersion-breaking and shallow. I could shoot a guy kissing a woman, and the woman would continue standing there with her arms around thin air while her boyfriend is dead at her feet. The AI is that dumb. I don't know how anyone can call this game immersive, much less the most immersive game ever.

Heck, Gothic in 2002 had a much deeper, better open world with actual NPC routines, something Cyberpunk 2077 couldn't do in 2020. GTA games 20 years ago had car and gang AI and CDPR couldn't do it in 2020. So posting that kind of opinion just really hurt Jez as a game reviewer in my eyes. Loving a flawed game is fine. Coming up with ridiculous hyperboles for the game that just aren't true isn't.

Jeff Grubb's review of Cyberpunk was a lot more sensible, he was one of the few who dared to say that Cyberpunk doesn't do anything new and innovative and the world is static, when everyone else was busy kissing CDPR's ass; I have a lot of respect for his opinions after that.

HgS

Dec 13, 2019
Absolutely. Though not the biggest markets (the whole population of CZ+SK+HU is about a quarter / third of Germany) but these moderately low income countries are perfect for game pass. I can only speak for Hungary, the hike in prices hit gamers really hard around here, basically a "nextgen" game is more than 10% of the net median wage. With the introduction of game pass and the Series S it seems that Xbox is gaining more and more ground (though there are a long way from where they were in the X360 times).

(Also, damn, I shouldn't have seen this, now I'm really on the fence of applying for the job. :D)

The conversation around game prices is had predominately by developers and media who also tend to live in high COL and high wage areas of the US and Western Europe. It frames everything. When you pay 2k a month for rent a game at $70 USD looks cheap.

I'm relatively high income but don't like in a high income or high COL part of Canada. A game is now about half my mortgage payment. For people who are also lower income it's massively tone deaf to just say "inflation" or "hours of entertainment" or "I work hard" to justify the price.

No ones income is increasing as fast as inflation is. And pretending that people should just accept that games are, which are completely non-essential is hilariously out of touch. And even though I can afford games I don't glibly spend half my mortgage on a game I'm not sure about. Especially if it'll go on sale in a couple months.

10 years ago I bought anything I was remotely interested in. These days I can count the games I've bought outright in the last couple years on one hand. That has to impact developers as well.

Jan 4, 2018
Crazy that Sea of Thieves is still dominating the sales on Steam since the Summer Sales have started.

Will probably be the best selling game for this week too.

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
There's no way to uninstall individual Halo single player campaigns on Xbox, is there? MCC is quite chunky.

Aprikurt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
Man Halo MP is still so fun, I haven't played in 10 years and totally forgot how fucking awful I am at Halo MP

TiagoCosta

User requested ban
Banned
Aug 3, 2018
xbox sales in Japan are at a great pace now, time to invest to keep the momentum going… new jp first party, couple 2nd party games..

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
xbox sales in Japan are at a great pace now, time to invest to keep the momentum going… new jp first party, couple 2nd party games..
Time to Announce Lost Odyssey 2 and Blue Dragon 2 by JP Games

Edit: I do think they need to start investing more in Japan, Tango is a great start. Hopefully, they are investing in second part deals as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.