• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Small update based on latest things I've heard:
  • Omen should be announced at E3; targeting Spring 2022 release
  • As Grubb has spoken to, Bethesda and Xbox showcases are being brought closer together. I've heard that they might be one in the same now, with Bethesda having a dedicated segment inside the grander Xbox showcase
  • Starfield will be there. Sounds to be more focused on space exploration than being an epic sci-fi saga. Think more No Man's Sky and Outer Worlds than Mass Effect. Just my take based on the little info I was sent so could be a bit off base. We'll see soon.

Well that sure is interesting...
Slowly getting more and more hyped.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Top 10 isn't strict enough. My Top 5:
  1. Avowed
  2. Fable
  3. Forza Motorsport
  4. As Dusk Falls
  5. Everwild
  • As Grubb has spoken to, Bethesda and Xbox showcases are being brought closer together. I've heard that they might be one in the same now, with Bethesda having a dedicated segment inside the grander Xbox showcase
  • Starfield will be there. Sounds to be more focused on space exploration than being an epic sci-fi saga. Think more No Man's Sky and Outer Worlds than Mass Effect. Just my take based on the little info I was sent so could be a bit off base. We'll see soon.

We feast soon ? isn't it ?

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Top 10 isn't strict enough. My Top 5:
  1. Avowed
  2. Fable
  3. Forza Motorsport
  4. As Dusk Falls
  5. Everwild
So Space Skyrim.
I don't think many really cared too much for the Skyrim story. More the exploration and highjinks

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
Magic.
sglrp25zm8d51.jpg

it's me or the castle in the middle right is the Guild of heroes ? (zoom needed)

Hope 2023 🙏

krakenking189

Feb 21, 2021
I hope InXile would be the ones to make the next Fallout game. The recent Wasteland game was a better RPG than anything Obsidian or BGS have made recently, and inXile deserves a shot at making a modern AAA Fallout game, considering that they have an original creator of the Fallout IP. BGS and Obsidian will be busy for years anyway. A Fallout game by inXile made in the Unreal 5 engine is something I'd like to see.

Or if not inXile, give the Fallout IP to Arkane. I'm sure they'd do a great job with it: they have experience making RPGs and FPS games.
Ive always felt an Arkane ImSim set in San Francisco playing as an private investigator during like 2281 would be really cool

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Call me crazy but hear me out: Fallout 1&2 remasters/remakes using the Wasteland 3 engine with console ports and Xbox Play Anywhere support. That's the second inXile project, mark my words

Outlaw Torn

Oct 25, 2017

Remnant: From the Ashes should now also support Xbox Play Anywhere. Xbox store page now lists PC support. Being added to Game Pass PC tonight, was already on console Game Pass.
www.microsoft.com

Buy Remnant: From the Ashes - Microsoft Store

The world has been thrown into chaos by an ancient evil from another dimension. As one of the last remnants of humanity, you must set out alone or alongside up to two other survivors to face down hordes of deadly enemies to try to carve a foothold, rebuild, and retake what was lost.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
That's what I'm thinking. At least on the first-party side from MS, Game Pass in sense offloads this "service business" out of the games themselves and into the broader Game Pass. In my view, Game Pass incentivizes experimentation, smaller games, and games-as-a-product in this games-as-a-service world. It's like a workaround. Of course, micros and DLC and such will still exist, but it's less necessary to have those games built around them as their primary revenue streams. It's pretty simple: the steadier the stream of great games, the more subs for Game Pass. I'm sure it's more complicated than that, but I bet we'll see Microsoft's games on average be less service-ey than the 3rd parties - that's not to say they won't exist, we'll just see a much wider variety of genres and games like you said.

yeah, gives them the comfort of options

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout IP ain't being worked on anyone beside BGS
It's such a massively popular and super selling franchise, though. It seems crazy to think that we could go this entire generation without another mainline Fallout game. And with Starfield and then TESVI back to back, when would the main BGS have time for Fallout?

I really hope one of the other big studios get the reigns. I love Fallout too much to go like a decade without a new one (FO76 wasn't for me).

Jun 15, 2020
I don't care about multi-player games anymore (unless it's couch co-op).

I'm 100% single player / couch co-op. As a dad with 3 kids my multi-player days are long gone. I either play local with my best friends on the weekend on the rare occasion we get together, or with my kids. Literally no time to pickup and "get good" at anything that is competitive online.

I'm fine with that though, haha. I use to tear things up online from the 90s (Tribes/Quake/Doom/Unreal) into the mid 2000s on the 360/PC/PS3. 😉 Those days are behind me. I like my games in spurts, or in adventures I can jump in and out of instantly.

Nothing wrong with great multiplayer games, but I want some new Single Player IPs. MP games are a dime a dozen.
1. Single-players are just as much as "dime a dozen", come on, dude. Every bit as common and forgettable. We're flooded with pretentious games that are bad at storytelling, yet gamers turn a blind eye to their shortcomings because we're desperate for "legitimacy".

2. Why are you acting as if "multiplayer" has to be mean a highly competitive PvP game? There's so, so, so much more than that.

I just don't understand why gamers on ResetEra take so much pride and are constantly bragging about how many games they will close themselves off from. And we have to stop with these outdated, reductive stereotypes of games.

Last edited:

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
It's such a massively popular and super selling franchise, though. It seems crazy to think that we could go this entire generation without another mainline Fallout game. And with Starfield and then TESVI back to back, when would the main BGS have time for Fallout?

I really hope one of the other big studios get the reigns. I love Fallout too much to go like a decade without a new one (FO76 wasn't for me).

I mean we did with TES, which still boggles my mind that Bethesda was not able to follow up the massive success of Skyrim.

I am not sure if it is just a infrastructure issue in that Bethesda can only have one big RPG on the go at one time, or it is an insistence that Todd must direct them. Whatever the reason is, it just doesn't make financial sense to leave an IP as big as Fallout on ice for an entire generation.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil

For some reason it's not showing on the Xbox App for me but I managed to download Psychonauts from the website. I'm excited to finally play it!

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017

For some reason it's not showing on the Xbox App for me but I managed to download Psychonauts from the website. I'm excited to finally play it!
[/QUOTE]

If you click the Show in Microsoft Store option it will let you start the download.

irrational

Nov 15, 2019
Is anyone else having issues with the Gamepass App (Android) not recognizing external storage?

When I try to remote install games it says I don't have adequate space, but it's only recognizing my internal drive 🤔

I have a Series X + expansion card

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
I don't think Bethesda will be sharing their in-house code with another studio from a different publishing arm of Xbox. They don't give it even to the other Zenimax studios. Zenimax Online uses a different engine for TESO despite Gamebryo originally being a MMO engine.

I know they did it with New Vegas but now they have no incentive to do so anymore.

This is kind of a weird conclusion to me. You really think that if someone from another studio wants access to Bethesda's technology they will say no? Its even more weird to think that the publishing arms mean anything.

Nov 8, 2017
inXile is still hiring for UE4 experience in their listings, so I'm skeptical that they're doing Fallout 5, at least not right at this second. They're a little north of 100 staff, with about 7 open jobs, which does not feel like what you'd need to pull off a new big fallout game on Unreal unless they're about to go on a hiring spree.

thankyoumerzbow

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2020
psychonauts is definitely 4:3, which is fine of course but after that game pass video there was the theory that maybe they would patch 16:9 support but doesnt seem so

Status
Not open for further replies.