• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you like the OT title?

• Yes

Votes: 265 43.5%
  • No

Votes: 103 16.9%
  • It's not my first choice, but...

Votes: 88 14.4%
  • Stop being so elitist

Votes: 14 2.3%
  • What's with this poll, anyway?

Votes: 71 11.7%
  • [screaming]

Votes: 68 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Hey my Xbox series x controller just stopped connecting to the series x. Like it literally won't connect. It's been perfect so far but now it's a dud, can't even connect via usb

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I wouldn't be surprised if we'd hear or see something new Gears-related this year. And yes, something that isn't a remaster. They are not gonna go a year without a Gears announcement, so I'm betting for a Gears 6/Next announcement some time this year. Funnily enough, Gears 4 -> Gears 5 announcement was also just two years (2016 - 2018).

A new major DLC (Rise of Raam) could also be pretty good to fill the gap but I don't see them doing a year without anything new related to Gears.

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Wait....this is the first time I am hearing about this! Did Xbox drop Inside Xbox?
They didn't officially, but we haven't had one in a long time and they have made all their announcements for around a year and a half now without Inside Xbox events (Bethesda, FPS Boost, the new Xbox Wireless Headset, Perfect Dark, EA Play coming to Game Pass, Game Pass on iOS and PC, etc.).

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
Good news re FPS. I wonder if they could do this with current gen stuff so they get a frame rate boost with littlr/no programming muscle needed by devs.

As an aside, watching Nintendo Direct, it boggles the mind why people like this format so much. I hate it.

I think that most of the time, the format doesn't matter that much, and what is actually shown or announced does.

People constantly criticized Xbox's E3 conferences in the past, but in 2018, even though the format was pretty much exactly the same as before, the briefing got everyone's attention with big announcements and reveals (Halo Infinite, Sekiro, Forza Horizon 4, Dying Light 2, Gears 5, Cyberpunk).

Pacing is maybe more important than the format itself.

My biggest takeaway with State of Plays and Directs (although I haven't yet watched this one) is that by not having "hosts", it becomes sort of soul-less. I don't like the "slideshow" aspect (these little color-branded transitions between each trailer). Just go from trailer to trailer and cut the cheap.

The Xbox Game Showcase format is perfectly fine, and Microsoft should follow through with it. Have Matt, Phil, Sarah, Pete Hines chat here and there, introducing the next segment. Show 2-3 trailers then a longer gameplay demo. Repeat. Profit.

Also like the Idea of going over the world, literally with an animation from studio to studio.

But all in all, the pacing and the announcements are the most important thing.

Last edited:

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
They didn't officially, but we haven't had one in a long time and they have made huge announcements outside of Inside Xbox events (Bethesda, FPS Boost, the new Xbox Wireless Headset, Perfect Dark...).
I hope they drop them if they haven't already. Personally, I find Xbox's presentation of virtual content to be highly lacking when compared to the way in which they presented at e3 (or how Sony presented their PS5 events last year). The Third Party Games Showcase from last summer, the Xbox Games Showcase in July, and their Inside Xbox's all felt cheap to me.

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Microsoft Game Stack tools and services are available to the whole gaming industry and have no (direct) connection to Xbox.

Fall Guys will surely come to Xbox at some point, but they are clearly just happy a rather popular multiplayer game is built on their services.

Biggzy

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft Game Stack tools and services are available to the whole gaming industry and have no (direct) connection to Xbox.

Hence why it is called Microsoft Game Stack and not Xbox Game Stack. It's all part of the new Microsoft : Ensuring their software and tools are available for the widest possible audience.

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
i wonder would Microsoft partner with Koei for a remaster NG and NG Black for the newer systems or will we just play it in back compatibility mode? since they are remastering the sigma version.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Hey my Xbox series x controller just stopped connecting to the series x. Like it literally won't connect. It's been perfect so far but now it's a dud, can't even connect via usb

It's a known issue. Try taking the batteries out then powering the controller again.

Failing that turn everything off. Pull the plug from the console, press the power button for a couple seconds to discharge the temp cache, then plug back in and try again.

That should fix it until they patch the issue, hopefully.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
i wonder would Microsoft partner with Koei for a remaster NG and NG Black for the newer systems or will we just play it in back compatibility mode? since they are remastering the sigma version.
NG Black is arguably a remaster already. 60FPS, 4K, Auto HDR and Wide Screen. Looks far better than Sigma did in the trailer.

Firenoh

Mar 7, 2019
Not really related, but seeing that new knock city just reminded me of how dead Rocket Arena is. Not even dropping the price by 83% and tossing it into Ea Play saved it. Multiplayer-only games are a stuff-ass niche to market to, y'all.

Bxrz

Banned
Dec 18, 2020
This Nintendo Direct represents everything I don't like about the Direct approach. I'm so glad Microsoft dropped Inside Xbox.
Why? They had 500k people just waiting in the youtube stream and had over 2 million views on all platforms (according to Zhuge). Its the perfect hype machine

Nintendo just didn't show the games we care about. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't make that mistake

Last edited:

RavenH2

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
It's a known issue. Try taking the batteries out then powering the controller again.

Failing that turn everything off. Pull the plug from the console, press the power button for a couple seconds to discharge the temp cache, then plug back in and try again.

That should fix it until they patch the issue, hopefully.

Had the exact same issue last week and doing what Ushay stated worked. It's a nuissance to unplug the console, but thankfully Series X start up is quite fast

DopeyFish

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they drop them if they haven't already. Personally, I find Xbox's presentation of virtual content to be highly lacking when compared to the way in which they presented at e3 (or how Sony presented their PS5 events last year). The Third Party Games Showcase from last summer, the Xbox Games Showcase in July, and their Inside Xbox's all felt cheap to me.

that's all nonsense

Xbox conferences are the only top tier conference left in the industry. They're the only ones that genuinely feel like games conferences, that are packed end to end with games and announcements. not like Sony's CES-like keynotes or like watching Nintendo's pre-recorded E3 sizzle reel of trailers halfway stuck in a time machine between 2002 and today.

While yes, the 2 showcases this year (covid) and IX were generally ehhh, they work better on big stages. X019 (the one big Inside Xbox) was relatively small but they hammered the pacing and feel of it out of the park.

sure people cried about cheering fans, but those people are irritated that a) Xbox has fans and b) that they're excited for anything Xbox. this is why year after year you see initial reaction of Xbox conference is "ewww" and then after the next day people realize that it was the better conference and just slightly "upgrade" their review of it.

Microsoft has generally had the best conferences since X02 and I really do not want them to change much with them. Except the demos, those are annoying as hell. They (MS) not only represent themselves well, but the industry and the third party publishers, as well.

this has been their rough general structure for the last while and it works quite well:
[big open trailer]
[keynote]
[general third party trailers]
[studio/accessories/services keynote]
[first party trailers]
[indie sizzle reel] * used to be third party sizzle reel in the early days... rip A/AA games
[random talk about any major 3rd party gets/initiatives]
[major third party/published trailers]
[major finale FP trailer/mic drop]
[conference sizzle]

they are fast paced, moving from topic to topic and cover an extraordinary amount of ground

people start to get lost usually around the indie sizzle/third party trailers/initiatives because they usually have games people don't want or are re-treading previous announcements but they are important for the overall industry... a lot of publishers don't have the output or the financial capability to get the exposure they need so this segment can usually be critical support.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
A reminder from Klobrille:

EiyMBaRX0AEeTr1

GREAT TIMES AHEAD! :)

Adrifi

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
Why? They have 500k people just waiting on youtube and had over 2 million views on all platforms. Its the perfect hype machine

Nintendo just didn't show the games we care about. Hopefully Microsoft doesn't make that mistake
The problem comes when Nintendo shows the games we care about only in one show per year, which they are actually doing. At that point, why have Directs? Having two big events every year (E3 and TGA) and announcing the smaller stuff throughout the year on Twitter or YouTube, which is what Xbox has been doing as of late, makes more sense in that case.

GING-SAMA

Banned
Jul 10, 2019
I think xbox need to find the great balance, Take a little Nintendo Direct and put their sauce with high quality UI / UX for each game presented so that viewers feel the high-end production.

The name must feel the high end production with great Graphic Design & Visual Effects.

Xbox World
Xbox Experience

Take this video as an example, with a common UI, 4-5 Minutes per games, Innovative way of explaining their Games etc ...

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Should the flood return in Infinite? Id love it just to see the assassinations they put for them like maybe a German suplex that causes them to blow up or something.

gabegabe

Jul 5, 2018
Brazil
Nice OT! I hope this is the thread we start to see gameplay from all of those studios Microsoft bought. I'm curious to see gameplay of Fable, Hellblade 2 and Everwild.

coma

Oct 28, 2017
The same happened to my friend and I've had similar issues. I think it's maybe an issue with the console, not the controller. I've seen people here say it's a known issue they're working on.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
The showcase from last July should be the format they use for this year. It had enough talking from the Xbox team and developers and was filled with game trailers.

Levitates

Apr 9, 2020
Brazil
I don't know about pleasing all the Gears folks. I wouldn't be interested in a Gears collection, they're already all playable on Series X and many fans want a new multiplayer.

Every Gears fan would die for a MCC-like collection :)

The point is, to give TC enough time to build something truly special while filling the time gap with a collection.

Also PC players would finally have a chance to play the original trilogy.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Should the flood return in Infinite? Id love it just to see the assassinations they put for them like maybe a German suplex that causes them to blow up or something.

Since the Flood have literally been sitting out of the franchise since Halo 3, and 343i is very clearly attempting to make a big push for Infinite to visually appeal to the Halo 2 & 3 crowd, I would straight-up bet money that the Flood will be in Infinite in some capacity.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
Happy to see Koei Tecmo supporting Xbox with NG and Samurai Warriors.

Now if only Square played nice. Saga Frontier, Legend of Mana, FF14 skipping Xbox and possibly FF7R.

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
that's all nonsense

Xbox conferences are the only top tier conference left in the industry. They're the only ones that genuinely feel like games conferences, that are packed end to end with games and announcements. not like Sony's CES-like keynotes or like watching Nintendo's pre-recorded E3 sizzle reel of trailers halfway stuck in a time machine between 2002 and today.

While yes, the 2 showcases this year (covid) and IX were generally ehhh, they work better on big stages. X019 (the one big Inside Xbox) was relatively small but they hammered the pacing and feel of it out of the park.

sure people cried about cheering fans, but those people are irritated that a) Xbox has fans and b) that they're excited for anything Xbox. this is why year after year you see initial reaction of Xbox conference is "ewww" and then after the next day people realize that it was the better conference and just slightly "upgrade" their review of it.

Microsoft has generally had the best conferences since X02 and I really do not want them to change much with them. Except the demos, those are annoying as hell. They (MS) not only represent themselves well, but the industry and the third party publishers, as well.

this has been their rough general structure for the last while and it works quite well:
[big open trailer]
[keynote]
[general third party trailers]
[studio/accessories/services keynote]
[first party trailers]
[indie sizzle reel] * used to be third party sizzle reel in the early days... rip A/AA games
[random talk about any major 3rd party gets/initiatives]
[major third party/published trailers]
[major finale FP trailer/mic drop]
[conference sizzle]

they are fast paced, moving from topic to topic and cover an extraordinary amount of ground

people start to get lost usually around the indie sizzle/third party trailers/initiatives because they usually have games people don't want or are re-treading previous announcements but they are important for the overall industry... a lot of publishers don't have the output or the financial capability to get the exposure they need so this segment can usually be critical support.
I'm not sure if you read my post correctly. I specifically drew a contrast between what we saw from Xbox last year, and their larger in person events (which I agree are my favorite presentations of the industry.) The IX's and the two showcase presentations all paled in comparison to those prior events. So I hope that Xbox does their events on a virtual stage this year.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Upcoming Projects and Rumors:
  • Forza Motorsport 8 (potentially just called Forza Motorsport)
Thanks for your awesome work once again. Just a slight correction, it's officially called Forza Motorsport.
Why? They had 500k people just waiting in the youtube stream and had over 2 million views on all platforms (according to Zhuge). Its the perfect hype machine

I think Nintendo Directs are great to give the fans a overview of first and third party games to come. Microsoft should learn from that's and in the coming years MS should have enough content to fill several events.
  • E3 and Gamescom
  • MS Directs
  • Special Directs focused on one game doing a deep dive.

Deleted member 56752

Banned
May 15, 2019
The showcase from last July should be the format they use for this year. It had enough talking from the Xbox team and developers and was filled with game trailers.
I honestly wish they'd move away from shows and just do blog posts. Every blog post they've ever done has been sensational and well received

Status
Not open for further replies.