Status
Not open for further replies.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
spongebob-you-what.gif

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Its warzone 3 also launching this year? Or is it warzone 2 with MW3 stuff in it and a new map etc?

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did not touch Halo Infinite since season 3. The season 5 makes so exciting. Cannot wait tomorrow launch.
343i recently doing quite well. Happy for the team. I hope more people could come back to Halo.

Syinn

Jun 14, 2021
I did not touch Halo Infinite since season 3. The season 5 makes so exciting. Cannot wait tomorrow launch.
343i recently doing quite well. Happy for the team. I hope more people could come back to Halo.

I started playing again the last couple of days after a long hiatus. The new season has definitely gotten my attention and I'll definitely be playing this week. Hopefully infinites redemption.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
So... October GP drop tomorrow, but no ActiBlizz stuff obviously.

I have really zero idea when they might start adding games. Jez mentioned some games might be added asap, but the official posts feel like it's still far-off.

Last edited:

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
So... October GP drop tomorrow, but no ActiBlizz stuff obviously.

I have really zero idea when they might start adding games. Jez mentioned some game ou ne added asap, but the official posts feel like it's still far-off.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was. Something like the Crash games perhaps. Prepared for in advance.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Yeah, but adding ActiBlizz games to GP feels like something they should do outside of their traditional tuesday blog posts, no? Especially for a first batch of games.

Maybe. It will look better if they have 24 games instead of 6, or whatever the case may be. But you could be right as well, who knows.

DuvalDevil

Nov 18, 2020

Agreed. Halo Infinite is so goooood after all those patches and the amount of content they are delivering is off the charts. Such a shame they had issues to get their content pipeline ready after launch.

Halo Infinite is one of the best shooters out there and I LOVE that Xbox commitment for every Gaas game out there. With Xbox you simply know you get a ton of content for their games. Kudos to them.

dudu0609

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Halo Infinite is so goooood after all those patches and the amount of content they are delivering is off the charts. Such a shame they had issues to get their content pipeline ready after launch.

Halo Infinite is one of the best shooters out there and I LOVE that Xbox commitment for every Gaas game out there. With Xbox you simply know you get a ton of content for their games. Kudos to them.

Halo needs some heavy marketing push from media outlet, social influencers to bring people back.
Perhaps sponsor some media outlets to make an updated review.
Current active player based on PC and Xbox is quite disappointing.
I see Halo most of time sitting about 17-20 on the most played game list.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Halo needs some heavy marketing push from media outlet, social influencers to bring people back.
Perhaps sponsor some media outlets to make an updated review.
Current active player based on PC and Xbox is quite disappointing.
I see Halo most of time sitting about 17-20 on the most played game list.
feel only BR will do that imo

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
I wouldn't be so sure.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was. Something like the Crash games perhaps. Prepared for in advance.

Yeah, but adding ActiBlizz games to GP feels like something they should do outside of their traditional tuesday blog posts, no? Especially for a first batch of games.

news.xbox.com

20 Bethesda Games from the World’s Most Iconic Franchises Available in Xbox Game Pass Tomorrow - Xbox Wire

We’ve always been fans, but now we’re family As we shared earlier this week, we’ve officially welcomed ZeniMax Media and Bethesda to the Xbox family, adding even more incredible talent, creative diversity, and beloved gaming franchises to an already stacked Xbox lineup. You might be wondering...

The Bethesda games dropped on a Friday, off cadence!

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
news.xbox.com

20 Bethesda Games from the World’s Most Iconic Franchises Available in Xbox Game Pass Tomorrow - Xbox Wire

We’ve always been fans, but now we’re family As we shared earlier this week, we’ve officially welcomed ZeniMax Media and Bethesda to the Xbox family, adding even more incredible talent, creative diversity, and beloved gaming franchises to an already stacked Xbox lineup. You might be wondering...

The Bethesda games dropped on a Friday, off cadence!

Yeah, that was part of my thought process.
That first drop felt kind of like an event (granted, it was at an actual low-key event, that roundtable).

Anyway, it's so depressing being a fan of Halo when you aren't into its multiplayer component. I mean, I appreciate the support it is finally getting, 343i's redeeming arc, the Forge and everything, buth who knows when we'll see a new campaign.

I know... That Sketch reaction to a guy jokingly crossing fingers for a campaign DLC is so sad to see.

Dhruvenator

Aug 29, 2019
Yeah, that was part of my thought process.
That first drop felt kind of like an event (granted, it was at an actual low-key event, that roundtable).

I know... That Sketch reaction to a guy jokingly crossing fingers for a campaign DLC is so sad to see.
Ah come on - Sketch was leaning into it too! It's not that serious

DiegoPaulino

Banned
Aug 24, 2023
He's wearing an Xbox blue jacket. They're either buying Sony, or going third party.

Anyway, it's so depressing being a fan of Halo when you aren't into its multiplayer component. I mean, I appreciate the support it is finally getting, 343i's redeeming arc, the Forge and everything, buth who knows when we'll see a new campaign.

He's got a water bottle in hand, Hydrophobia remake/sequel confirmed.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I feel the general Xbox audience sleeps on Halo WC a little bit. It's essentially a mini Halo convention and not just about esports (although it is obviously the focus).

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
I feel the general Xbox audience sleeps on Halo WC a little bit. It's essentially a mini Halo convention and not just about esports (although it is obviously the focus).

As an european not interested in e-sports, they don't really do a good job of showing that it's more than that.

And I disagree that this is some kind of mini Halo convention, the news that come out of it are really small tidbits that is not going to interest a lot of people.

Sure they showed AI in Forge and some Firefight gameplay, but they also already gave the big picture details BEFORE the event.

The problem is that everything about Halo lately is so focused on multiplayer and competition that it's leaving 50% (if not much more?) of the Halo fanbase on the sideline.

Yes, PVE content is finally coming, but it hasn't yet, which is precisely what I mean: people that will play that and are interested in that content haven't yet gone back to the world of Halo, like me.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
As an european not interested in e-sports, they don't really do a good job of showing that it's more than that.

And I disagree that this is some kind of mini Halo convention, the news that come out of it are really small tidbits that is not going to interest a lot of people.

Sure they showed AI in Forge and some Firefight gameplay, but they also already gave the big picture details BEFORE the event.

The problem is that everything about Halo lately is so focused on multiplayer and competition that it's leaving 50% (if not much more?) of the Halo fanbase on the sideline.

Yes, PVE content is finally coming, but it hasn't yet, which is precisely what I mean: people that will play that and are interested in that content haven't yet gone back to the world of Halo, like me.
Fair, but they also have the community stage where they have panels that have nothing to do with esports, and they're all excellent. I'm in the UK and I've never been, but from everything I've seen and heard about it, it seems like more than just an esports event. It would be interesting if they expanded it in the future.

Jan 4, 2018

Same. I'm playing Halo for the Campaign/story and the current state of Halo (Staten departure + the team fired + radio silence) is absolutely depressing.
Not really interested by the MP (that I think, unlike the SP, needs a complete reinvention and come back to casuals and PvPvE).

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
Just thinking out loud... do people think Xbox needs a higher number of games with higher "cinematic" cutscenes /gameplay. I was just thinking about it because I remember Phil saying at the beginning of the generation how Xbox needs to strive for a game like TLOU2. While the Series X has had some fantastic games I don't think we've had the cinematic types yet. But it got me thinking, outside of Hellblade... Will there be one?

Not meant as a doom post or anything against Xbox... was just curious as I feel like at least from an RPG perspective, its got that locked but less so from a cinematic type play
Maybe this is anecdotal, but it feels like the tide is starting to turn against those. So no, please.

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022
A little bit? I would argue the general Xbox audience doesn't know it exists and if they did would they care about it? People here might because enthusiasts for the brand but you have to love Xbox plus love Halo and for alot of general audience folks loving Halo is a big ask.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
A little bit? I would argue the general Xbox audience doesn't know it exists and if they did would they care about it? People here might because enthusiasts for the brand but you have to love Xbox plus love Halo and for alot of general audience folks loving Halo is a big ask.

I love Halo Campaign. I do not love Halo multiplayer.

So for me, Halo is basically finished till they whip something for the campaign.

gifyku

Aug 17, 2020
What are the odds today is the round table? I would have been more confident if the weekend hadn't been in between. 2 days was the time from the Bethesda close to the round table.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
Just thinking out loud... do people think Xbox needs a higher number of games with higher "cinematic" cutscenes /gameplay. I was just thinking about it because I remember Phil saying at the beginning of the generation how Xbox needs to strive for a game like TLOU2. While the Series X has had some fantastic games I don't think we've had the cinematic types yet. But it got me thinking, outside of Hellblade... Will there be one?

Not meant as a doom post or anything against Xbox... was just curious as I feel like at least from an RPG perspective, its got that locked but less so from a cinematic type play
I think Phil was referring to the quality of TLOU Part II and it's review scores and how many awards it got, rather than specifically the genre.

That being said, I expect Hellblade 2, South of Midnight, Fable, Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones, Gears 6 and I'm sure others that we don't know about to fill the "Sony game" void.

But also, copying Sony completely is the wrong move. Xbox needs a diverse slate of exclusives and that's what they have now. Basically every major genre under the sun is coming (or will be coming eventually).

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Anyway, it's so depressing being a fan of Halo when you aren't into its multiplayer component.
I don't really get this sentiment. Halo Infinite campaign is great, no other Halo game ever received campaign DLC (even ODST is standalone), Halo Infinite isn't even 2 years old.

You'll -- obviously -- get more stories from Halo in the future, but I don't see any logical reason to expect something near term. Development times are long these days, if we don't have any sign of a new singleplayer Halo experience in 3 years from now, then you can be depressed ;)

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I don't really get this sentiment. Halo Infinite campaign is great, no other Halo game ever received campaign DLC (even ODST is standalone), Halo Infinite isn't even 2 years old.

You'll -- obviously -- get more stories from Halo in the future, but I don't see any logical reason to expect something near term.
Also, Halo has ALWAYS been about campaign AND multiplayer. We've almost always had to wait years between campaigns with only multiplayer sustaining it (3, ODST and Reach was the only time it was more frequent). The majority of Halo fans love both campaign and multiplayer. The franchise needs both to survive.

Just because 343 are taking the time they need to figure out the future doesn't mean campaigns are dead. We will of course get more campaigns. But they need time to get it right, especially if they are switching engines, and multiplayer and Forge and Firefight and the novels and everything else is how they keep the franchise vibrant in the meantine.

I understand that it's disappointing for people who only like the campaigns, but without a successful multiplayer, the Halo franchise would not be sustainable and we wouldn't get more campaigns.

Last edited:

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020

You'll -- obviously -- get more stories from Halo in the future, but I don't see any logical reason to expect something near term. Development times are long these days, if we don't have any sign of a new singleplayer Halo experience in 3 years from now, then you can be depressed ;)
I was, obviously, speaking of the internal reorganisation of 343i that saw most of the people who worked on the single player campaign leave. That and the rumor about The Endless DLC (which is a rumor, oc, but wasn't Infinite suppose to receive a ten years support for its campaign, too?).
I do not expect to see the next campaign announced after 2 years since the launch of Infinite, but afaik we haven't heard about new position open for the next campaign, correct me if I wrong.

Jan 4, 2018

You'll -- obviously -- get more stories from Halo in the future, but I don't see any logical reason to expect something near term.

It's more the fact that Staten left + they fired the SP team (or a lot of it) when it's the MP & Live-Service components that failed Infinite (and above all 343 and XGS management for the many reasons we know).

A lot of time has been lost as a result and there is an enormous secrecy about the state of Halo's SP (whereas EA has been very transparent about the future of Battlefield, both SP and MP). Who would be developping the next Campaign ? Some skeleton crew at 343 ? Are we going to wait 6 damn years again ?

GulfCoastZilla

Shinra Employee
Sep 13, 2022

Does Xbox need cinematic games? I think they need interesting IP before they start thinking about cinematics.

Not interesting to us, interesting to people who don't play on a PC or Xbox.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017

For me it's the layoffs at the campaign team that's the most disappointing part. They were onto something with Infinite's campaign. Now I fear they're going to start from scratch (again). I don't want a "the endless died on the way to its home planet" throwaway line at the beginning of "Halo 7".

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It's more the fact that Staten left + they fired the SP team (or a lot of it) when it's the MP & Live-Service components that failed Infinite (and above all 343 and XGS management for the many reasons we know).

A lot of time has been lost as a result and there is an enormous secrecy about the state of Halo's SP (whereas EA has been very transparent about the future of Battlefield, both SP and MP). Who would be developping the next Campaign ? Some skeleton crew at 343 ? Are we going to wait 6 damn years again ?
4 - 6 years between AAA experiences is basically the norm these days, yes.

There were some leaks this year where 343 is looking to create Halo games with other studios, kinda the World's Edge/Mojang/The Initiative way. I'd suggest that's the way going forward.

I do understand where people are coming from, but again, Halo Infinite still feels rather fresh.

rrc1594

Oct 25, 2017
Does Xbox need cinematic games? I think they need interesting IP before they start thinking about cinematics.

Not interesting to us, interesting to people who don't play on a PC or Xbox.

They don't tho. They have a shit ton of IPs. MS just needs a constant release of good to great games. 2021 was a great year for them and was publisher of the year(people seem to forget that). Minus RedFall 2023 was a great year for them. Hopefully a year like 2022 never happens again because it's killed a lot momentum.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
I think Phil was referring to the quality of TLOU Part II and it's review scores and how many awards it got, rather than specifically the genre.

That being said, I expect Hellblade 2, South of Midnight, Fable, Perfect Dark, Indiana Jones, Gears 6 and I'm sure others that we don't know about to fill the "Sony game" void.

But also, copying Sony completely is the wrong move. Xbox needs a diverse slate of exclusives and that's what they have now. Basically every major genre under the sun is coming (or will be coming eventually).
I mostly agree with this. I only ever wanted more single player content from Xbox. Be it cinematic, immersive and/or gameplay-driven. I certainly got what I wanted!

If there's one area I think Xbox can improve in, it's kid/family friendly content. They have the IPs now. They just need a cohesive plan for them. I'd even consider bringing back the Kinect (but the Xbox and wider gaming community probably isn't ready for that discussion yet :p).

Rather they're better or not, they're certainly more popular.

Banjo is a bit of a Snake on a Plane situation…
It's really not.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Rather they're better or not, they're certainly more popular.

Banjo is a bit of a Snake on a Plane situation…
People were saying the same about Crash and Spyro only for their respective trilogies to sell over 10 million each. While Banjo's reach is certainly smaller due to the N64 install base vs the PS1 install base, he'd be no slouch with a proper come back.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
What if we got a platformer game with

Banjo
Crash
Spyro
Conker
Raz

👀

Status
Not open for further replies.