Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 21, 2021
I told you guys, FF16 is too big to be announced here. Like 50 people watch the stream :P If it is coming soon it will be at game awards.

This happens every year; the thread thinks big things, not realising that that is not what the show is for.

Damien1990

May 23, 2020
Got my hopes up too much for the SE games. Still nice that the Pixel Remasters are on Xbox and the Mana games are on Game Pass but thought we'd see a bunch more additions. Threads of Time looks great. Nice broadcast overall, with the exception of the long talking periods... just not my cup of tea.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020

InfinityDOK

Dec 3, 2018
I told you guys, FF16 is too big to be announced here. Like 50 people watch the stream :P If it is coming soon it will be at game awards.

This happens every year; the thread thinks big things, not realising that that is not what the show is for.
I don't think most would consider a year+ late port as big enough news for the game awards.

Mr Evil 37

Mar 7, 2022
I'll never take people seriously when they complain about JP support or wanting games to be ported over, they end up coming and then it's "that's it??" it's that whole wanting something you can't have then having it and then not wanting it or caring.
Or complaining about having to buy it when it's Square and FF we're talking about lol no shit they're making you buy it

Damien1990

May 23, 2020

I guess that is a good point. The various streams had about 40k viewers total. TGA will have a lot more eyes.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
No Infinite Wealth on Game Pass. I am in shambles. 😞

Now I just gotta hope Man Who Erased His Name doesn't leave GP soon. Was hoping to play it back to back with IW.

VERY happy SC2 campaign collection is coming though. Never played the the Protoss expansion or Nova DLC!

YozoraXV

Oct 30, 2017

You are probably right.

I was thinking if they did end with FF16 mostly everything else before would be forgotten and the focus would be purely on that.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 21, 2021

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty decent show, but IIRC TGS last year was like this. It's nice to see the Japanese support increasing, though, bit by bit, and thankfully it looks like the "stronger Square Enix partnership" wasn't just talk. The thing with the games being "late ports" is true, but at least that way they can be played on Xbox. If it was future ports that'd be nice, yeah but then you have to deal with waiting for them to come out...

The highlight of the show was easily Threads of Time (why no Game Pass mention :P) but also it's nice to have the Mana games on Game Pass as well.

Velgo

Dec 9, 2021
If anything this show just made me so hyped for next year.

We have a killer line up from MS with Avowed, Doom, South of Midnight and Fable
A killer line up from Sony with DS2, Ghosts 2 and Marathon
and the Switch 2
Plus GTA 6!!!

Great time to game

crazillo

Apr 5, 2018
Mana games and Final Fantasy Pixel Remasters are nice. I always find it funny that the most iconic of the 1990 games in the west (Secret of Mana) also got a (not so great) remake but that one never made it to Switch and now not to Xbox. Threads of Time looked cool. Slitterhead keeps looking interesting and I liked some of the indies. Overall, it was a TGS stream. A bit too much talking in the beginning. I wish we had an unknown surprise such as 13 Sentinels or something. I guess Starcraft is also a nice announcement for the region.

Adilson

Jul 28, 2022
Many Nintendo events are focused on ports of games for the Nintendo Switch, and people like them, so I think TGS on the part of MS has its audience (most of whom are probably not on this forum...)

Mcbel

Sep 6, 2023
He didn't say FFXVI was being announced here. He said FF PIxel Remaster was.

View: https://x.com/ZakkenKloot/status/1837232199420236033
EDIT:
According to Jez Corden:

"Do not expect Final Fantasy 7 for Xbox at Tokyo Game Show next week".

Expect:
-Final Fantasy XVI
-Final Fantasy 1-6 Pixel Remasters
(Hopefully) both with Play Anywhere support!

The whole slate of Square-Enix games will be coming to Xbox over time, but not every title will get announced in the Xbox Tokyo Game Showcase.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
twitter is banned in brazil

According to Jez Corden:

"Do not expect Final Fantasy 7 for Xbox at Tokyo Game Show next week".

Expect:
-Final Fantasy XVI
-Final Fantasy 1-6 Pixel Remasters
(Hopefully) both with Play Anywhere support!

The whole slate of Square-Enix games will be coming to Xbox over time, but not every title will get announced in the Xbox Tokyo Game Showcase.

And then a video of it.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Banned
Oct 21, 2021
I dont know why people dont listen to me more often. I am 90% right about these things. Eveyrone would save themselves a lot of grief and angst if they just listened to the Gav.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
No KH4/10

other than that it was fine. I wish i cared about rpgs more but hey All you Need Is Help, Tanuki, and Katamari are cool

sunburst

Account pending deletion
Banned
Sep 2, 2024
The show wasn't bad but a lot of games that I thought would make an appearance (a port of FF16) didn't.

I will say that we need to view Jez and Tom's tweets with mild suspicion, ha.

canderous

Prophet of Truth
Jun 12, 2020
The Jez clip doesn't even match the text of the tweet, lol. He says nothing about FF16 being there.