Your favorite first party trailer from the Xbox Showcase?

• Doom: The Dark Ages

Votes: 240 23.6%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 120 11.8%
  • Perfect Dark

Votes: 251 24.7%
  • Fable

Votes: 183 18.0%
  • Gears of War: E-Day

Votes: 166 16.4%
  • State of Decay 3

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 30 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Oct 27, 2017
the remake of the first one? it is though

Comprar o Mafia: Definitive Edition | Xbox

Mafia: Definitive Edition é um shooter cinemático na terceira pessoa que conta a história de Tommy Angelo, um taxista que se vê envolvido no mundo brutal do crime organizado da América dos anos 30.

Yeah, the remake is. I'm talking about the OG Xbox. That version doesn't work on the Series consoles.

Edit - I misread your original post. I read it as "the remake or the first one?" Lol.

kruczynski

Sep 21, 2020
I hadn't payed much attention to the screen captures feature before, but now I've noticed that no matter the game (Starfield, FH5, AW2, HB2), when I open the captures they're very, very dark. I've already browsed the web looking for a way to fix this issue and, apparently, it's been there since SX/SS launch day. The only workaround that seems to be effective is to disable the HDR, which is something that, for obvious reasons, I don't want to do.
Is there's something I can do to fix this issue? I've already calibrated the HDR (on SX and on my TV), to no avail.

So do those 3-month GP Ultimate codes on sites like CDKeys still provide Ultimate, or will they convert to some lower tier after the recent changes?
If you redeem the codes before the September 12 you should get the Ultimate (full month). After that date, who knows.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
The thing I took away from the latest piece of the doc is that they confirm what ai felt when watchint originally. Emily is incredibly talented and a huge asset that they should make sure to promote and treat well. Like 70% of employment is attitude and disposition and you could tell almost immediately she was a keeper.

Sounds like she's leading one of their upcoming games, if I heard them right.

I really hope Asif's armored slug game is one of the other ones. Looked like weird, simple, yet unique fun. With a little budget that could be something cool.

Granjinhaa

Dec 28, 2023
Sounds like she's leading one of their upcoming games, if I heard them right.

I really hope Asif's armored slug game is one of the other ones. Looked like weird, simple, yet unique fun. With a little budget that could be something cool.
Is she? It seemed like she was going to help out Tim with his prototype at the end.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How are the plaintiffs harmed by the price increase? According to their own statements, the plaintiffs only have a PC or Playstation.🤦‍♂🙃
All of the discussion around this are silly. MS has done some terrible things including raising prices, closing studios and laying off developers. That's also something happening across the entire industry. Some posters on Era as well as these gamers would have you believe that none of it would have happened without the merger, which seems misguided, IMO.

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017

Xbox Support

Subs and Games having issues.

Status

Outage reported26/07/2024, 01:00:00

It's taking longer than anticipated27/07/2024, 10:42:16

ResolutionPending

Casa

Oct 25, 2017
May be a random question but is it not strange that with Phil/Satya's mission statement of eventually reaching "a billion gamers" or whatever it was that they've just kind of ceded initiative to Sony in trying to establish themselves in China? That's supposed to be this gigantic untapped market that's primed to take off in the coming years and you see PlayStation making a big effort to break through there.

If I'm not mistaken, Chinese players are MASSIVELY into mobile and PC games. Things Microsoft excel in. And yet I don't really see any effort on the part of Xbox to try to get their foot in at this ChinaJoy thing that's going on whereas Sony have a large presence.

Is that weird? Or is the Xbox brand just a complete nonstarter there like is is most places so they aren't bothering?

biglo25

Apr 28, 2020
May be a random question but is it not strange that with Phil/Satya's mission statement of eventually reaching "a billion gamers" or whatever it was that they've just kind of ceded initiative to Sony in trying to establish themselves in China? That's supposed to be this gigantic untapped market that's primed to take off in the coming years and you see PlayStation making a big effort to break through there.

If I'm not mistaken, Chinese players are MASSIVELY into mobile and PC games. Things Microsoft excel in. And yet I don't really see any effort on the part of Xbox to try to get their foot in at this ChinaJoy thing that's going on whereas Sony have a large presence.

Is that weird? Or is the Xbox brand just a complete nonstarter there like is is most places so they aren't bothering?
right now it probably a political nightmare to enter the market and not get targeted by the Chinese government like bytedance with tiktok and possible another trade war on the horizon

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017

right now it probably a political nightmare to enter the market and not get targeted by the Chinese government like bytedance with tiktok and possible another trade war on the horizon

In terms of indie games, Microsoft got a joint venture with ehome:

E-Home Entertainment Development Company Ltd. - Biggest Console Game Publisher in China

E-Home Entertainment Development Co., Ltd. is a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and Oriental Pearl Group, and the first registered company in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone. E-Home publishes local and global high-quality games to the Xbox One platform in China, as well as publishing...

x.com

Since Xbox One days. Their latest game is Exhausted Man released a day ago:

Buy Exhausted Man | Xbox

You're so exhausted you can only crawl, but still refuse to sleep.

View: https://x.com/ID_Xbox/status/1816873899969441860?t=Omiiscg6kP_X7ZOxYoLEgw&s=19

So when you see Playstation China Hero projects like these:

View: https://x.com/gematsu/status/1816343075956158659?t=X3tjVS-8dzo6HvoQzTcNyQ&s=19

It doesn't mean they aren't gonna be on Xbox (or Nintendo Switch for that matter). Just means you gotta wait as Sony investment in indies over there probably got an exclusive terms for a year or two.

Examples of games brought later to Xbox are FIST and Hardcore Mecha:

Buy F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch | Xbox

Take the fight to the evil Legion with iron fist in a diesel-punk world.

Buy HARDCORE MECHA | Xbox

HARDCORE MECHA is a 2D platformer action focusing on a better handling. The Campaign mode offers rich gameplay and seamless in-game cut-scenes for an immersive experience. Choose your favorite mecha, experience the fast-paced hardcore competitive battle of steel in Multiplayer!

More evidence:

View: https://x.com/ESDigital_Games/status/1816112349033685300?t=9UqLcJ1Irmv6Fb0J7B-FAg&s=19

View: https://x.com/ESDigital_Games/status/1816132980915487053?t=FDjbLfGmQPRvgmvGZJWDzw&s=19

I think the small indie team and ehome are doing best they can with how limited Microsoft is with budget and resources as we saw recently regarding EMEA marketing budget.

Right now, Playstation is the console to own if you want anime action games from Asia and the biggest missing piece of the puzzle: gacha anime games.

Genshin Impact, Honkai, Zenless Zone Zero, Wuthering Waves, Tower of Fantasy, Neverness to Everness, Arknights etc.

This is the biggest money maker in Asian video game industry that Microsoft struggling to enter.

They are hopefully trying with recent NetEase partnership:

www.windowscentral.com

Microsoft Gaming's Blizzard Entertainment games are coming back to China thanks to a new deal with NetEase, while also 'exploring ways to bring more new titles to Xbox'

Microsoft Gaming, Blizzard Entertainment, and NetEase reach a new deal to bring Blizzard games back to China.

NetEase games now on Xbox whether it's thanks to this partnership or not:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/fragpunk/9mw715j1p29d

Buy Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered | Xbox

Shadows of the Damned, an action-adventure road trip through hell, has been remastered at last! Get ready for a story about rock, love, and just a little bit of demon slaying.

Buy Visions of Mana | Xbox

Explore a world of elemental spirits and adventure in the latest Mana action-RPG.

Buy Marvel Rivals | Xbox

Marvel Rivals is a Super Hero Team-Based PVP Shooter! Assemble an all-star Marvel squad, devise countless strategies by combining powers to form unique Team-Up skills and fight in destructible, ever-changing battlefields across the continually evolving Marvel universe!

(Visions of Mana is developed by Ouka Studio, a subsidiary of NetEase games)

NetEase games still not on Xbox:

www.gematsu.com

Rusty Rabbit launches September 24

Side-scrolling action adventure game Rusty Rabbit will launch for PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam on September 24 for $29.99, publisher NetEase Games and developer NITRO PLUS announced. PlayStation …

www.gematsu.com

Project Mugen

Project Mugen is a free-to-play open-world action role-playing video game developed by Naked Rain and published by NetEase Games. About Project Mugen (working title) is the much-anticipated urban, …

Project Mugen on Xbox might be the first big anime gacha game if they landed a deal.

Potential games that might join Xbox thanks to this deal:

www.gematsu.com

NetEase Games announces Gamescom 2024 lineup, including two unannounced titles

NetEase Games has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2024, which includes two unannounced titles playable at its booth.

"Once Human" and two unannounced titles?

Sorry for the long post but this topic is honestly why Xbox is not mainstream in Europe and Asia as they keep missing out on the biggest Chinese anime games nowadays along with Cygames (Granblue studio) from Japan as they are now expanding further too.

I do appreciate them bringing Wuchang tho and I can't lie and say they didn't try with games like Party Animals, Naraka and of course, Palworld from Japan.

However, these three games are or will be on Playstation but no sign of seeing any MiHoyo game on Xbox. 🙃

Tl;dr just hire me.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021

They are just going to try and expand via mobile and PC. Don't need the console for that.

W.S.

Honest Work
Oct 28, 2017
In terms of indie games, Microsoft got a joint venture with ehome:

E-Home Entertainment Development Company Ltd. - Biggest Console Game Publisher in China

E-Home Entertainment Development Co., Ltd. is a joint venture between Microsoft Corporation and Oriental Pearl Group, and the first registered company in the Shanghai Free Trade Zone. E-Home publishes local and global high-quality games to the Xbox One platform in China, as well as publishing...

x.com

Since Xbox One days. Their latest game is Exhausted Man released a day ago:

Buy Exhausted Man | Xbox

You're so exhausted you can only crawl, but still refuse to sleep.

View: https://x.com/ID_Xbox/status/1816873899969441860?t=Omiiscg6kP_X7ZOxYoLEgw&s=19

So when you see Playstation China Hero projects like these:

View: https://x.com/gematsu/status/1816343075956158659?t=X3tjVS-8dzo6HvoQzTcNyQ&s=19

It doesn't mean they aren't gonna be on Xbox (or Nintendo Switch for that matter). Just means you gotta wait as Sony investment in indies over there probably got an exclusive terms for a year or two.

Examples of games brought later to Xbox are FIST and Hardcore Mecha:

Buy F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch | Xbox

Take the fight to the evil Legion with iron fist in a diesel-punk world.

Buy HARDCORE MECHA | Xbox

HARDCORE MECHA is a 2D platformer action focusing on a better handling. The Campaign mode offers rich gameplay and seamless in-game cut-scenes for an immersive experience. Choose your favorite mecha, experience the fast-paced hardcore competitive battle of steel in Multiplayer!

More evidence:

View: https://x.com/ESDigital_Games/status/1816112349033685300?t=9UqLcJ1Irmv6Fb0J7B-FAg&s=19

View: https://x.com/ESDigital_Games/status/1816132980915487053?t=FDjbLfGmQPRvgmvGZJWDzw&s=19

I think the small indie team and ehome are doing best they can with how limited Microsoft is with budget and resources as we saw recently regarding EMEA marketing budget.

Right now, Playstation is the console to own if you want anime action games from Asia and the biggest missing piece of the puzzle: gacha anime games.

Genshin Impact, Honkai, Zenless Zone Zero, Wuthering Waves, Tower of Fantasy, Neverness to Everness, Arknights etc.

This is the biggest money maker in Asian video game industry that Microsoft struggling to enter.

They are hopefully trying with recent NetEase partnership:

www.windowscentral.com

Microsoft Gaming's Blizzard Entertainment games are coming back to China thanks to a new deal with NetEase, while also 'exploring ways to bring more new titles to Xbox'

Microsoft Gaming, Blizzard Entertainment, and NetEase reach a new deal to bring Blizzard games back to China.

NetEase games now on Xbox whether it's thanks to this partnership or not:

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/fragpunk/9mw715j1p29d

Buy Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered | Xbox

Shadows of the Damned, an action-adventure road trip through hell, has been remastered at last! Get ready for a story about rock, love, and just a little bit of demon slaying.

Buy Visions of Mana | Xbox

Explore a world of elemental spirits and adventure in the latest Mana action-RPG.

Buy Marvel Rivals | Xbox

Marvel Rivals is a Super Hero Team-Based PVP Shooter! Assemble an all-star Marvel squad, devise countless strategies by combining powers to form unique Team-Up skills and fight in destructible, ever-changing battlefields across the continually evolving Marvel universe!

(Visions of Mana is developed by Ouka Studio, a subsidiary of NetEase games)

NetEase games still not on Xbox:

www.gematsu.com

Rusty Rabbit launches September 24

Side-scrolling action adventure game Rusty Rabbit will launch for PlayStation 5 and PC via Steam on September 24 for $29.99, publisher NetEase Games and developer NITRO PLUS announced. PlayStation …

www.gematsu.com

Project Mugen

Project Mugen is a free-to-play open-world action role-playing video game developed by Naked Rain and published by NetEase Games. About Project Mugen (working title) is the much-anticipated urban, …

Project Mugen on Xbox might be the first big anime gacha game if they landed a deal.

Potential games that might join Xbox thanks to this deal:

www.gematsu.com

NetEase Games announces Gamescom 2024 lineup, including two unannounced titles

NetEase Games has announced its lineup for Gamescom 2024, which includes two unannounced titles playable at its booth.

"Once Human" and two unannounced titles?

Sorry for the long post but this topic is honestly why Xbox is not mainstream in Europe and Asia as they keep missing out on the biggest Chinese anime games nowadays along with Cygames (Granblue studio) from Japan as they are now expanding further too.

I do appreciate them bringing Wuchang tho and I can't lie and say they didn't try with games like Party Animals, Naraka and of course, Palworld from Japan.

However, these three games are or will be on Playstation but no sign of seeing any MiHoyo game on Xbox. 🙃

Tl;dr just hire me.

I do think Microsoft has to work faster to get games like Wuthering Waves and Asian gacha games Sony hasn't locked down. They're huge for the Asian markets and not having them on their platform really hurts them for growth.

If I were MS I would try to utilize E-Home more or make deals through Gamepass perks like they did with League of Legends and Valorant.

The China Hero Project games that came to Xbox were pretty great titles and this next wave looks even better so I'm looking forward to seeing those land on the platform.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
I can't believe Callisto Protocol launched and is still in this state. Not very far into my play through and I just lost the ability to access my inventory and use health kits. What a disaster of a game.

Zombie Jacket

Sep 11, 2023
I haven't had so much fun in a new MP game in ages with COD MW3'S MP. WarZone Battle Royal and other is so bloody fantastic. I get why people rave so much about it now, the gameplay is just THAT GOOD. Holy fuck, what an experience.

Microsoft must be laughing having all the ActiBlizz Publisher now with what's cooking. God damn this game is so good I want Black Ops 6 to come right now baby!

So gooood.

MCD

Honest Work
Oct 27, 2017
How do you "work" on this? Money was never the problem imo, it was opportunity cost.

They stopped supporting Xbox One with MT Framework.

You work on it by letting someone else do it like say, Digital Eclipse? Give them support to do it? I don't know honestly but it's doable.

Ascenion

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mecklenburg-Strelitz
They stopped supporting Xbox One with MT Framework.

You work on it by letting someone else do it like say, Digital Eclipse? Give them support to do it? I don't know honestly but it's doable.
I guess that's kinda what I'm getting at. Capcom doesn't see value in that. Hence why they don't have the staff or the will to port the games.

Oct 12, 2020
I haven't had so much fun in a new MP game in ages with COD MW3'S MP. WarZone Battle Royal and other is so bloody fantastic. I get why people rave so much about it now, the gameplay is just THAT GOOD. Holy fuck, what an experience.

Microsoft must be laughing having all the ActiBlizz Publisher now with what's cooking. God damn this game is so good I want Black Ops 6 to come right now baby!

So gooood.

Oh man, I'm getting the feeling that I'm going to dip a toe into CoD MP come the fall. No time now, I'm in outside hobby mode as it's just gorgeous in the PNW these days.

I'm starting to think that if Xbox can market adequately Black Ops 6 could really be a big moment for the Xbox platform and the perception that the casuals have for it.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017

So gooood.
MW3 is a damn incredible MP CoD game, Sledgehammer deserves a lot of praise for how they've handled this game.

sam777

Oct 27, 2017

So gooood.
Superstore Resurgence is what I have been playing it's really fun

Status
Not open for further replies.