Your favorite first party trailer from the Xbox Showcase?

• Doom: The Dark Ages

Votes: 240 23.6%
  • South of Midnight

Votes: 120 11.8%
  • Perfect Dark

Votes: 251 24.7%
  • Fable

Votes: 183 18.0%
  • Gears of War: E-Day

Votes: 166 16.4%
  • State of Decay 3

Votes: 25 2.5%
  • Other

Votes: 30 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsunami561

Mar 7, 2023
sod 3 could be massive if it is that game that finally offers that MMO zombie apocalypse fantasy with no caveats

NateDrake

Oct 24, 2017
I'm surprised how few predicted/expected State of Decay 3 to show tomorrow.

Tom put out his list of 15 games and didn't have SoD3 on it.

Det

Jul 30, 2020
lmao yep

might go around the corner and go get some fresh ones though cuz they're bigger and better anyway, but I got some of these bc they were half off at my HEB store

Lo no shade I get them from time to time. Spurred me to get some Indian for the showcase though.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I'm surprised how few predicted/expected State of Decay 3 to show tomorrow.

Tom put out his list of 15 games and didn't have SoD3 on it.
i expected it since like 3 months ago when Jez said something about the "State" of another game that'll be at the showcase along Gears lol

Didn't the leader leave the studio or something like that. Then there was news that the studio moved to New Orleans etc.
Jeff Strain, yeah, but he seems like a piece of work that won't be missed. Jeff Strain opened up the New Orleans studio, Possibility Space, independent of Undead Labs and Microsoft. Undead Labs is still a Seattle / now Illinois + Florida studio.

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020
Sod3 was always gonna be this year or next. They've been slowly cooking the game for a long time as wushu has been doing support work for sod2 updates for years now

It's been full steam ahead for them for ages

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
sod 3 could be massive if it is that game that finally offers that MMO zombie apocalypse fantasy with no caveats
I just hope they fixed multiplayer. Don't want any limitations on my party members. I'm not really expecting much MMO elements, but having some sort of activities where you can match up with other players would be cool. I also hope they increase the limit of players.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
what engine are they using? UE5?

Edit- yes it is. Really hoping we get gameplay tomorrow, this game could be massive.

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
if fable doesnt show tom then its probably at the tgas

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Fable not being there would be a bit of a bummer but that "part
" which is sounding more and more likely has me frothing.
Couldn't think of a reveal that would make me happier, besides maybe FH6.

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Andrei Rublev
Noticed we didn't have a header for the first post, so I whipped this up:

s0cAGuL.jpeg

Haregan

Aug 21, 2022
Serbia
If the game was at the last showcase, it should be in this one too. This is where you tune in for updates on those games. Consistently putting games in the dark for 18+ months is terrible. We haven't even seen proper gameplay for some games. They can save new announcements for other events.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
If the game was at the last showcase, it should be in this one too. This is where you tune in for updates on those games. Consistently putting games in the dark for 18+ months is terrible. We haven't even seen proper gameplay for some games. They can save new announcements for other events.
I think it's pretty important to have a mix of updates and new announcements. Games will be shown when they're ready to show, it's really not that serious, and it sounds like this event is pretty stacked.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Really ready to see what the Coalition has been cooking. Ready to see more unreal engine in general.

solis74

Jun 11, 2018
I think it's pretty important to have a mix of updates and new announcements. Games will be shown when they're ready to show, it's really not that serious, and it sounds like this event is pretty stacked.

yeps as all big showcases always have a mix, as a fan i'll be bummed if some of my fav games don't show, but i'll also understand if devs are not ready to show more yet, watching doc's like the double fine one have given me a healthy respect for the work these devs teams get through, and how much effort a game trailer can take.
i'll enjoy the show regardless.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox's platform woes are a bit of a lead weight over my hype, as are the studio closures, but honestly at this point since I mostly play on PC I'm more of a GamePass fan than a Xbox console fan, so I'm just excited for good games.

FirstTwoPages

Sep 16, 2023
Xbox's platform woes are a bit of a lead weight over my hype, as are the studio closures, but honestly at this point since I mostly play on PC I'm more of a GamePass fan than a Xbox console fan, so I'm just excited for good games.

This type of attitude is so prevalent and it's such a bummer. We should be able to celebrate great games without needing to worry about the platform's financial viability.

I'm not meaning to speak to you directly, but the general discourse is SO focused on business and so NOT focused on the actual games. It was hard to find a Hellblade II review that didn't mention studio closures, for example.

I wish we could celebrate good games, but that's not the world we live in I guess.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Excited for the showcase yall! Been a pretty good SGF so far and I'm ready to see what these studios have been cookin!

Status
Not open for further replies.