• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

bluemax38

Nov 3, 2020
Just bought it today, am able to get a refund though through the Xbox website so will wait to see which version we get on Game Pass...

Kane

Oct 28, 2017
This depends. Some are there for 4 months (Red Dead Redemption 2, GTA V), some are there for one year or longer. Some games return.

Most (all?) of the times it's not revealed how long they will be on the service. You get a few weeks notice on when they are leaving.

Oh... thanks for answering. And wow, RDR2 was once available? I hope it returns!

Oct 28, 2017
Oh... thanks for answering. And wow, RDR2 was once available? I hope it returns!
RDR2 and GTAV was on there about 4 months each in turn. But from game pass launched until now, at least, most third party games have been on there for a year. Just have to watch out for when they leave, which is sometimes unfair if you just joined up. A game you signed up for might leave next month. Some games have left after a year, and then returned for a new run as well.

Adrifi

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 5, 2019
the Spanish Basque Country
I just got the Series S a couple of days ago, my first ever Xbox console. I've noticed that there is a "Leaving soon" section on Game Pass, so my question is, for how long are third party games available on GP? And where can I see until when are they available?
Most - like 90% - stay for a year. Once a game is added to Leaving Soon it means it'll leave in 15 days, they always leave on the 1st or the 15th.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Well dang it I literally just bought control.

ClamBuster

Oct 27, 2017
Ipswich, England
FF13 trilogy??? that causes a paradox...

there's no point getting game pass if you play long games, like JRPG's

but you have to get game pass to have access to long games, like JRPG's

hmmm

inspectah

"This guy are sick"
Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I just got the Series S a couple of days ago, my first ever Xbox console. I've noticed that there is a "Leaving soon" section on Game Pass, so my question is, for how long are third party games available on GP? And where can I see until when are they available?
docs.google.com

Game Pass Master List

Master List Complete Game Pass Master List by u/ABattleVet,541,<a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19RorxFhWc2lHocg4c9zrVssSwZq1u2nPcpTsAvzdJQw">Playstation Plus</a>,See suggestions tab for color coding,The community can add games to cross play/play anywhere,Public Notes Game,System,...

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
Just bought the Ultimate Edition, but haven't played it yet. I'll just get a refund if it ends up being UE on Game Pass.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
If the past is any indication, almost no chance. I'm trying to think of a third party game that launched their Ultimate Edition into Game Pass.

I also have a hard time believing they would do a huge sale on the Ultimate Edition and then add it to Game Pass days later. Kind of a slap in the face.
FFXV Royal Edition, they also packed in Episode Ardyn for free as well.

That's basically it though.

karmitt

Oct 27, 2017
You absolutely don't need to buy any game if you have Game Pass. The majority of AAA third party games get added eventually, too. Plus all games from Bethesda, Microsoft and EA.

Yeah, it's probably the main reason I picked up Series X. I'm already trying more games than I ever would have with my old habit of buying at most 2-3 PS4 games a year.

I cannot wait for Bethesda games to start hitting. I know Doom Eternal is on there now, but I really want to play 2016 first. I know I'm super late to the party, but I just didn't feel like buying it through all of last gen. Without GamePass I doubt I'd ever play it.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm kinda pissed about the Final Fantasy games. They were a big reason why I subbed for as long as I did, back when they were announced for Game Pass.

Microsoft showed off a list of 10 Final Fantasy games coming to Game Pass in 2020. They showed this list in November 2019.

They added two games from that list, out of 10, onto Game Pass so far.

December had better have a whole lot more Final Fantasy than just the XIII games.

Last edited:

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Just bought it today, am able to get a refund though through the Xbox website so will wait to see which version we get on Game Pass...

Are you? Last time I tried that with Plague Tale they told me to go kick rocks. This is part of the reason I don't always agree with Game Pass. It's great if you never buy games but if you do buy games it ends up biting you in the ass at times.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This Gamepass version will prob be the Xbox one version without the DLC...so you still paid $20 to own it, have the DLC, and get the enhanced version when it releases. I'd still say that's the better deal

but if they do give us the ultimate version then ya you can prob get a refund haha
Ahhh that's the better way of looking at it

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Have been hovering over the buy now button on control since it went on sale but with the next gen patch not available till next year and so much else to play at the moment I'll just wait and see if it's added to gamepass.

Nov 1, 2017
You absolutely don't need to buy any game if you have Game Pass. The majority of AAA third party games get added eventually, too. Plus all games from Bethesda, Microsoft and EA.
The last time i bought a game full price on release was Dragonball Fighterz, and only that because i was game sharing with a friend as we were going to play together. Every time i'm tempted to get something i just look at my vast backlog and think "Nah, not yet". More often than not a game i was close to pulling the trigger on ends up in Game Pass, and for the games that never do i just wait for a great sale on the GotY style edition with all the DLC. And even then because i do that so rarely i can buy them with Microsoft Rewards points. You tend to spot a pattern, Capcom are really good at supporting GP and even though i've been wanting to play RE7 for ages i knew for a fact it would land on GP eventually and then low and behold it did. Then it's just a matter of waiting for the season pass to go on sale which they eventually do as well.

Ubisoft will throw the odd live service game on there (The Division and Siege) but otherwise they're quite stingy so when i dropped £20 of reward credit on AC: Odyssey i figured i wouldn't be doing the classic "just bought a game, immediately gets announced on GP 3 days later" dance.

I cannot wait for Bethesda games to start hitting. I know Doom Eternal is on there now, but I really want to play 2016 first. I know I'm super late to the party, but I just didn't feel like buying it through all of last gen. Without GamePass I doubt I'd ever play it.
Doom will be back on GP sooner or later, i would definitely recommend you wait because i think going from Doom Eternal to Doom will be a bit weird. I know some people prefer Doom for it's less complicated gameplay loop but i feel that the games in reverse order will make Doom seem a bit braindead in comparison.

Deleted member 46948

Account closed at user request
Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Well I can't say that I finished it. But only because I couldn't force myself through it. I finished QB and somewhat enjoyed it, though not all that much, but Control is just awful in every way, from the story to the gameplay.

Ymmv. I thought QB was mediocre and Alan Wake before that was pretty awful (except graphics). For me, Control is Remedy's return to form.