• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, since March we have gotten:

Guardians of the Galaxy
Young Souls
Weird West
Tunic
Norco
Crusader Kings 3 (Console Edition)
Life is Strange: True Colors
MLB: The Show 22
Lost in Random
FAR: Changing Tides

which is a pretty good line-up to me lol

Admittedly, this second batch of April games is kind of weak for me (already have Turnip Boy on Switch and Bugsnax on PS5), but Unsouled looks solid at least.

Weird West, Norco and Tunic are three legit 2022 GOTY contenders for me and I barely have the time to finish them. Certainly haven't had time to put any serious hours into the AAA stuff like Guardians, MLB or Life is Strange yet.

2022 for Game Pass has been ridiculous so far.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
T
Weird West, Norco and Tunic are three legit 2022 GOTY contenders for me and I barely have the time to finish them. Certainly haven't had time to put any serious hours into the AAA stuff like Guardians, MLB or Life is Strange yet.

2022 for Game Pass has been ridiculous so far.
Total War Warhammer 3 was also a big get, altough the launch has not been stellar.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Seeing people disappointed in a drop is cute - you already devoured everything else already? Lol

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Seeing people disappointed in a drop is cute - you already devoured everything else already? Lol

There are people who are more interested in what is coming to Game Pass over playing anything on Game Pass. I honestly think there are some people who post in here who don't even play the games at all tbh.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Not much in the drop for me and funny enough I don't care about that lmao. More time to catch up on other stuff

Also, I find it interesting that Research and Destroy is another Spike Chunsoft game. I wonder how big the Game Pass deal they clearly got was, and if maybe AI: Somnium Nirvana will come to Game Pass day one?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
People neglecting to realise that stalker 2 would have dropped in this window. They probably didn't have time to organise another large scale AA to AAA level game drop for late April after the studio delayed it.

Stalker 2 was never going to drop in this window even before the Ukraine situation. That original April date was just a pie in the sky thing that was either just some really wishful thinking or something they came up for investors. The December delay date was closer to any reality and even that was up in the air pre-Ukraine.

JadedGhost

Jan 28, 2019
Stalker 2 was never going to drop in this window even before the Ukraine situation. That original April date was just a pie in the sky thing that was either just some really wishful thinking or something they came up for investors. The December delay date was closer to any reality and even that was up in the air pre-Ukraine.

Yes I understand the implications and hindsight is wonderful.

My point remains it is hard to just move something as big into its spot once it was delayed from April, even if it was never going to hit internally, it did have a date attached as April 28th which they probably planned around for other deals.

The same thing will happen with planning around Starfield now, and if that gets delayed they won't be able to magically replace something with the same level of excitement necessaryily dor the same time frame etc

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Yes I understand the implications and hindsight is wonderful.

My point remains it is hard to just move something as big into its spot once it was delayed from April, even if it was never going to hit internally, it did have a date attached as April 28th which they probably planned around for other deals.

The same thing will happen with planning around Starfield now, and if that gets delayed they won't be able to magically replace something with the same level of excitement necessaryily dor the same time frame etc

I doubt MS thought that April date was realistic either, so I imagine it didn't have any impact on anything one way or another. In any kind of service like this, not every week is going to have some big game(s) to drop. It happens

MaffewE

Feb 15, 2018
I think we are agreeing 👍 I don't think every month needs high profile games
Exactly.

There are over 440 console games currently on Game Pass. If you've already played every single one of those that interests you in any way, then either you have very specific standards, or you have an impressive amount of spare time on your hands.

V has come to

Dec 4, 2019
nothing for me here but i'm surprised how many seem to think game pass has been on a weak run, this year has been pretty insane for me so far. and with Elden Ring taking up most of my march i'm pretty behind so i'm actually very welcoming of a few slow weeks. i'd be ok if may was weak for me too, although i already know i'll be playing Trek to Yomi

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Interested in finally playing Bugsnax since there's achievements now. Had so much in the backlog that the PS5 version never made it to the top of the heap. This will when it's leaving the service. I wonder if 7 Days to Die on console has been improved much. I remember the original release on console was terrible. I would hope the team has optimized better since then. Can't imagine there's a Series update though. Turnip Boy feels like a nice Rain on Your Parade style short game. Never heard of Research and Destroy so I'll see if that's any good.

I'll echo the others that don't know what the fuck some of y'all are talking about with slow months. They've been doling out games from so many genres.

Insomniac

Oct 27, 2017
7 Days, Bugsnax, Unsouled, Turnip Boy. That's four games added in the back half of the month that I'll be interested in trying out. Won't be hearing any complaints from me.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
Glad I'm not the only one noticing a dip this year. I defo wouldn't be paying £12 a month for that lineup. Gladly I don't have to but this is the entry price for GP so I've still got to look at the value against that.

Wigsy

Apr 5, 2022
Loaded Turnip Boy, pressed the "trip" button to see what it does, game freezes then crashes to the OS. Must have played less than one minute before it crashed. Got to be a record for me 😂

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
SpartyCrunch I'm on the PC Insider Program for the Xbox app and I'm having issues with Cloud streaming and my XSX input. Version 2204.1001.3.0

My xbox controller is having issues navigating around the app (but has no problems in-game NATIVE apps via Steam or Xbox app), or navigating the overlay when the Nexus button is pressed).
  • "Game Pass" tab navigates fine, other than not being able to move the top banner pictures side to side.
  • "My Library" is completely non-functional with the controller navigation.
  • "Cloud Gaming" is also non-functional.
  • "Community" only navigates around "Top Game Pass games to play with friends"
  • "Store" works fine.
The sidebar of installed games is also completely inaccessible.

When it comes to Cloud Streaming, I'm trying to play LIS:TC to pick up where I left off and it launches fine the first time, but doesn't take my controller inputs. Then, if I toggle fullscreen it turns the screen black and never returns. I can still hear the audio playing. If I quit and reconnect the game never launches from the starship loading screen. Other games like Memoir Blue will launch fine and then LIS will launch. Almost like a refresh.

I've submit some feedback prompts in-menu and via the hub, so hopefully that provided some diagnostics + basic screenshots.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
SpartyCrunch I'm on the PC Insider Program for the Xbox app and I'm having issues with Cloud streaming and my XSX input. Version 2204.1001.3.0

My xbox controller is having issues navigating around the app (but has no problems in-game NATIVE apps via Steam or Xbox app), or navigating the overlay when the Nexus button is pressed).
  • "Game Pass" tab navigates fine, other than not being able to move the top banner pictures side to side.
  • "My Library" is completely non-functional with the controller navigation.
  • "Cloud Gaming" is also non-functional.
  • "Community" only navigates around "Top Game Pass games to play with friends"
  • "Store" works fine.
The sidebar of installed games is also completely inaccessible.

When it comes to Cloud Streaming, I'm trying to play LIS:TC to pick up where I left off and it launches fine the first time, but doesn't take my controller inputs. Then, if I toggle fullscreen it turns the screen black and never returns. I can still hear the audio playing. If I quit and reconnect the game never launches from the starship loading screen. Other games like Memoir Blue will launch fine and then LIS will launch. Almost like a refresh.

I've submit some feedback prompts in-menu and via the hub, so hopefully that provided some diagnostics + basic screenshots.
Thanks for the detailed report!

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Everybody worried by and trying to play the newest games added... Meanwhile... I'm still going through games I installed ages ago.

And I was lucky to install Gorogoa for a day like today. You weren't kidding, it really is something special. Perfect length too for that kind of game/mechanics. Finished all in two sittings today, including the extra.

I also had preloaded Far: changing tides when it was available, thinking it launched before Elden Ring. But I ended up starting it on Sunday and finished it today, too. Also a special game, to some other degree trough and for different reasons. I enjoyed it even if I didn't play Lone sails. It seemed a bit long though at some moments but I didn't entirely mind the pause moments or the combustible scavenging. Games like this one are appreciated once in a while, just moody with not much to do or, rather, worry about.

Sometimes I play things like these when I don't really know what to start, and tomorrow I'll have to decide, even if it's just to start watching something on streaming tv. I've installed Yakuza 4, FF13, Guardians of the Galaxy, Pillars of Eternity, ME Legendary Edition, Lost in Random... So much that I don't know where to start. There are things to uninstall, too.

Some advice? I think the game that will probably leave first is either FF13 or Y4.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just beat Tunic, outstanding game

Looking at what to play next, how is Scarlet Nexus on Series S? Is the game pretty long/hard?

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just beat Tunic, outstanding game

Looking at what to play next, how is Scarlet Nexus on Series S? Is the game pretty long/hard?
Scarlet Nexus is fantastic, it's maybe 20 to 30 hours per scenario and there are two scenarios in the game.

The game also has a great range of difficulty options including the ability to become invincible so you cannot die at all, if you want to do that.

Munroe

May 17, 2019
Played and finished tax evasion, it was a bit meh, glad it was short. FPS on series X is a bit hit and miss

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017

I thought the demo of this was pretty fun, so glad to see it is hitting day one on Game Pass.

It's a really cool idea, but I had a fucker of a time with the demo, something about the controls I found really difficult to grapple with. I'll give the main release a shot to see if they've polished it up at all, but it might just not be for me.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
May is looking stacked with the day 1 indies.

Oh wait indies dont count i forgot, they arent real games.

Oct 28, 2017
AI Somnium Files playthrough update.

Just cleared Date's somnium as Mizuki. MY FEELINGS! ALL OF THE FEELINGS! Best Somnium by far and you know what that really could have been the end of the game and I'd be satisfied. But other routes must be done and there are still mysteries left.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
My annoyance is how some games don't come to the PC version.

F1 2021 is a main one for me.

Is there a valid reason why certain games don't come to to PC? Not sure if I'm missing something obvious?

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
My annoyance is how some games don't come to the PC version.

F1 2021 is a main one for me.

Is there a valid reason why certain games don't come to to PC? Not sure if I'm missing something obvious?
F1 2021 is on Game Pass only because it's on EA Play. But it never released on EA Play on Origin/EA Desktop (but it did on Steam's EA Play). Why? Not sure, but that's the question we should be asking.

OCD Guy

Nov 2, 2017
F1 2021 is on Game Pass only because it's on EA Play. But it never released on EA Play on Origin/EA Desktop (but it did on Steam's EA Play). Why? Not sure, but that's the question we should be asking.

Thanks for the response.

The fragmentation on PC with all these different store fronts, exclusivity deals etc is irritating at times.

Oct 28, 2017
Ok I'm gonna get wild with my AI Somnium Files theories now.

I'm finally able to continue on from the Iris timeline from earlier that ended with finding Iris's dead frozen body. I have just discovered that this woman is not actually Iris and has been frozen for at least 10 years!

Alright here's my thoughts. Obviously so killed this woman all those years ago. She had just given birth when she died. I think........I think this woman is the mother of...... Mizuki. Hear me out. Time doesn't quite match but it says frozen for AT LEAST 10 years not 10 exactly. So could be more and could still match Mizuki's age. So is likely the father of this woman's child and possibly the motive for the murder. In another timeline where Date and Mizuki kill So, So strangely does utter something along the lines of father which didn't make much sense at the time. Perhaps he was referring to being Mizuki's father.

Now lets talk Shoko. An abusive mother to Mizuki. But why? As Renju said earlier he thought a mother would love a daughter unconditionally. Perhaps true. But Shoko isn't actually her mother is she? Shoko saw Mizuki as a burden. But why? Perhaps because the burden of taking care of Mizuki, a child she never gave birth to or wanted, really was too much and was, to her, a burden. Renju isn't much better. Cared more about his work than his "daughter". Probably not his daughter either.

Could be completely off base we'll see. But I think that's it. Mizuki is So and this dead woman's daughter. This also gives a motive for Shoko and Renju's murders. To stop the truth getting out.

Holy shit a 999 reference!

And yet another thing I'm reminded that adds to my theory.
I first saw this dead body in Mizuki's somnium. That is a repressed memory from when Mizuki was born. Mizuki had to have seen that body at some point there's no other explanation.

It did occur to me the possibility that
it could also be Iris's real mother obviously because of the looks. But the other clues fit Mizuki more. Now it seems the game is leaning towards Iris.

Last edited:

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
Minecraft Dungeons is such a good game on mobile Xcloud. I'm not a big mobile gamer, so I can't speak to the games available, but this is how I always imagined mobile gaming being like.

If someone at Xbox sees this, Crusader Kings 3 with touch controls. I beg you.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
Because Codemaster didn't make a Microsoft store version of the game. Steam, Epic & Origin/EA are Win32 app stores. Microsoft store is a UWP store.

Microsoft has announced support for win32 app in the microsoft store but it still on preview & there's a wait list for approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.