• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KoreanBBQ

PR guy at The Amplifier Group
Verified
Nov 29, 2017
All I gotta say is that Game Pass is giving me a terrible/awesome reason to get back into my achievement hunting.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
Oh my.

Oh and what would those other better ones be? I don't really do puzzlers but I loved The Witness enough to get all trophies (not 100% the environment puzzles though).
For first person puzzlers, I don't think there are any others on game pass. Outside of game pass I liked Qube, Quantum Conundrum, and Antichamber.

Braid is a good 2D puzzler on Game Pass console.

Last edited:

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I assume "Imago" difficulty is harder than "hard", despite being the "intended difficulty"?

hm, no controller support for Pathologic 2 on pc is odd

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
nFLIpUt.png
Is this PC gamepass?

Edit: Oh never mind I just saw it was the store. Not gamepass tab.

keidash

Jan 31, 2018
If these two appear in Gamepass... I have to finish first DMC V, gears 5 and the outer Worlds, please delay these games for a while...

Deleted member 4072

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking of picking up a One X again, leaning more towards getting Scarlett first next gen and PS5 later on so want to get back into the eco system. Does Game Pass Ultimate go on sale much? Or any of those deals where its easy to stock up. Currently paying 12.99 monthly for just PC gamepass.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but PC achievements usually fail to pop for me the first time I run a game. And I almost always play like an hour before I remember I need to relaunch the game before starting for real. I just did a quick re-run through the opening of Pathologic 2 to get an achievement...

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but PC achievements usually fail to pop for me the first time I run a game. And I almost always play like an hour before I remember I need to relaunch the game before starting for real. I just did a quick re-run through the opening of Pathologic 2 to get an achievement...
Ahhhh this explains why I didn't get any of those KI achievements..

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh this explains why I didn't get any of those KI achievements..

It doesn't happen every time, but if I had to guess it's because of a failure to connect to xbox live during the initial request for permission to link to your account. If you see a message that the connection failed and to try again by clicking the button, don't trust it, relaunch the game.

Alive2007

Aug 21, 2019
It doesn't happen every time, but if I had to guess it's because of a failure to connect to xbox live during the initial request for permission to link to your account. If you see a message that the connection failed and to try again by clicking the button, don't trust it, relaunch the game.
thanks a lot for the info!

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Thinking of picking up a One X again, leaning more towards getting Scarlett first next gen and PS5 later on so want to get back into the eco system. Does Game Pass Ultimate go on sale much? Or any of those deals where its easy to stock up. Currently paying 12.99 monthly for just PC gamepass.
Absolutely. Follow r/greatxboxdeals on reddit or usually around e3 or XO events there are promotions that aren't just for new subs. Also xbox rewards is the easiest way to get three month for free and it doesn't take that long. With quest in game pass now it's actually kinda fun!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought into the GP ultimate deal a few months ago and bought the maximum amount allowed and converted it.

How does this work going forward as far as buying more time onto it?

The poster above said you can buy normal game pass and input it, but what about other things to buy? Also, is there always a 3 year maximum you can buy into? Or was that just the initial limitation for the $1 XBL conversion?

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
On the Xbox app on PC it is no longer showing me a full list of games I have installed. It is missing several of them, and just now I installed Human Fall Flat and it isn't showing up on the installed list either.

This is a real pain not only because it is nice to know what I have installed at a glance, but it is very hard to find the directories of most MS store games, so this will make it even harder to find things I need to uninstall when cleaning the fridge. Especially with gamepass I tend to download almost everything to check it out and end up deleting most stuff a day or two later.

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I wonder if we will get Control in January, that would be sick. I could get it on PS4 cheap but the performance doesn't look that good & EGS, yeah...

blackrogue13

Nov 21, 2018
As in the GUI, the way you move around the menus, how hard it is to actually start a simple friendly. It's as confusing as hell and takes ages. Why the hell would any game need to load in webpages as well.
Ok. Thought you meant the actual game. Only played a couple of matches but seemed ok, but yes the first time agreeing to everything wasn't best first impression.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Just to be sure: This option doesnt do anything for you?

Yeah I toggled that a few times between all options. It didn't do anything to my list. What function is that supposed to do anyways? What is the difference between "all games" and "installed games"? It isn't supposed to list every game that you can download from the service if you pick "all", is it?

Anyhow, I also restarted the client several times and that didn't help.

I just checked it this morning again, and now more of my installed games are showing up again. Really weird. I guess it was a bug of some sort. I still have no idea if it is actually showing all the games I have installed as I have installed so many I haven't been keeping track because I assumed they would just reliably show up on the app.

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
After 20 clicks on ui nonsense I lost interest, too. What a terrible experience it was.

Pick a team, pick teams to make up your team (I think???), Pick players to protect (what?), pick players to swap (eh?) the whole time I'm desperately searching for kickoff or start or something.

This by the way was me clicking play a random game or something like that from the menu. I should have been playing seconds after that.

I just went back to playing eliminator on Forza.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
So weird that UNRELEASED preorders are listed so prominently on Game Pass. I dunno what they're thinking, because every time one pops up its confusing as heck.

Also, as someone that loves Age of Wonders: Planetfall (I made the OT!) it's really sweet to see it listed prominently as "one of the best games of the year" on Game Pass. Such a small thing but I dunno, I like it having this kind of validation, lol.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
Man, when I finally get some days off, I'm gonna be chilling with gamepass games not stop. Just gonna binge a ton of games on PC. This really is the Netflix of gaming!

What a time...

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
So weird that UNRELEASED preorders are listed so prominently on Game Pass. I dunno what they're thinking, because every time one pops up its confusing as heck.

Also, as someone that loves Age of Wonders: Planetfall (I made the OT!) it's really sweet to see it listed prominently as "one of the best games of the year" on Game Pass. Such a small thing but I dunno, I like it having this kind of validation, lol.
Gotta remind you to not unsubscribe I guess.

DSP

Oct 25, 2017
my xbox app suddenly stopped working, it just comes up as blank. I deleted it, now it doesn't reinstall, it says something gone wrong on our end. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.