Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFarenheit

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Winnipeg, Canada
Well my wife just had graveyard keeper get stuck while saving (even though time was still advancing. She quit and the game wouldn't load ugh

Last edited:

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Again, like with the last games that got added, if it comes to Game Pass, it will only be the standard version, the complete versions only gets the discount (in this case it already has it).

dorikyasu

Oct 27, 2017
Ann Arbor, MI
Again, like with the last games that got added, if it comes to Game Pass, it will only be the standard version, the complete versions only gets the discount (in this case it already has it).
Yeah. Went ahead and bought Legendary Edition for $30. If/When IJ2 is added to Game Pass, buying season pass and etc. to get everything will probably end up costing about same, I figured.

Klaphat

Banned
Dec 18, 2017
I like Graveyard Keeper, but there is a lot of walking and fetching stuff. I wish you could move faster, does anybody know if it gets better? Like if you can craft a bicycle later on or something? Or if you open up for fast travel? Or am i just an idiot who don't know how to run?

I have never played Stardew Valley, i'm waiting for coop so i can play it with a friend. Is there also lots of walking in Stardew Valley?

Not gonna lie, feels like 99% of Graveyeard Keeper is me walking from one place to another.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
Graveyard Keeper was quite a dangerous game for me, just the type of game I lose myself for hours on ;). I never even heard of it before this gamepass release.

Fleet of Foot

Oct 27, 2017
Springboro, OH
The way Graveyard Keeper moves is really hard to describe but there's something extremely weird about it. I'm playing on a One X. It looks so crisp, this has to be in 4k, right? It's the sharpest 2D art I've seen, but the way the screen moves when you walk is really odd. I don't think it's framerate, exactly. Something else. It hurt my eyes and I turned it off.

oracledragon

Oct 27, 2017
The way Graveyard Keeper moves is really hard to describe but there's something extremely weird about it. I'm playing on a One X. It looks so crisp, this has to be in 4k, right? It's the sharpest 2D art I've seen, but the way the screen moves when you walk is really odd. I don't think it's framerate, exactly. Something else. It hurt my eyes and I turned it off.

I feel the same way, also on an X. It's like it judders from time to time or something. It has not interfered with me playing it, but it does produce an unusual feeling when I see it in motion, like something is not quite right.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017

It seems like there's a memory issue or something because it seems like the game freezes when you move to a new "chunk" of the map.

Also i can't tell if the game is like Enter the Gungeon where it's actually 3D with 2D sprites

Deleted member 12317

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's quite blurry, I'd say native 1080p upscalled by the console, thus it's blurry.

But yeah, it's not smooth at all, it feels like 45 FPS, like totally inconsistent frametimes.

And big stutters sometimes for 1 second, but it happens on PC too.

Petran

Oct 29, 2017
I agree, scrolling is tiring, and if you let it on for hours then it starts to chug more on loading small stuff. quit/restart in that case.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I captured a bit of Graveyard Keeper and ran it in our framerate analyser :
- definitely 1080p upscalled to 4K by the console
- game is 30 FPS on X
- some drops in the 25
- frametime is quite consistent but it's like the scrolling is not even, like if from a frame it scrolls 10 pixels and on another frame it will scroll 15 pixels (for example) so it feels stuttery.

Jan 13, 2018
So ,has anybody played late shift ? I will download, heard decent things. Worth it ?

It had a bigger production budget than I'd thought; it's full-on professional cinematography. The switching between scenes was almost seamless. It plays great, like that.

The first third has a lot of "choices" to make. The second third not so much. The final third offers more choices again. I found it to be a one-play type of CYOA, despite there being multiple endings. A great pick for GamePass, though not enough replayability for an actual purchase. (There are more titles from the same company, btw, though not on GamePass)

Bonus: If you are streaming the game on Mixer, you can go to Settings and turn on the Mixer option; this will automagically add the choice buttons to the interactive part of your livestream, so your audience can get their votes in, too. That was awesome.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was not that far, in fact the game scrolls 3 images from 10 pixels, then 12 pixels, then 3 times 10 pixels, and so on.

I did stitch 11 frames to confirm that behaviour in Graveyard Keeper :
BSzSZUu.png

EDIT : tweeted it to the devs.

Last edited:

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Fineshed Ruiner today on normal difficulty. Really enjoyable. Played with headphones as the soundtrack is awesome.

Graveyard keeper is a strange one. I want to enjoy the game so much but the energy usage seems ridiculously harsh, like you have to go to sleep after chopping just 3 trees or crafting some wood planks. I can't seem to get into it becuase of this. I've got the church, got myself a functioning farm and I'm trading new stuff, but the loss of energy is really sucking the life out of the game. It isn't nearly as bad as this on Stardew Valley.

Deleted member 12317

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Graveyard keeper is a strange one. I want to enjoy the game so much but the energy usage seems ridiculously harsh, like you have to go to sleep after chopping just 3 trees or crafting some wood planks. I can't seem to get into it becuase of this. I've got the church, got myself a functioning farm and I'm trading new stuff, but the loss of energy is really sucking the life out of the game. It isn't nearly as bad as this on Stardew Valley.
On PC they changed most of the energy consumption while working and made days longer, an upcoming patch will bring those changes to the Xbox version soon. Also, cook and eat, even simple berries or apples, it gives a good amount of energy.

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Possibly a quick question for those that know, is the date that the discount ends the date the game is removed from Game Pass? So Fallout 4, for example, would be removed from Game Pass on the 14th of November.

Oct 28, 2017
Ive run into a bug with the embalming table in Graveyard Keeper where you can't remove the body from the table, hopefully its a known issue and not isolated to my particular gamesave (210 days in-game).

Would hate to start over

Sounds like you are using the Rusty set of tools? It helps a lot to upgrade them, goes from 50 % to 100 % efficiency iirc

Camonna Tong

Mar 2, 2018
Not that I'm aware of. When does your Game Pass sub end?
I have it set to renew every month.

It's just that I noticed that discounts end on interesting dates (Fallout 76 release date for FO4, and for Vermintide 2, directly a year after release). So it makes me wonder if the game is removed from Game Pass at the end of those months..

DOOM is set to end on November 10th.

All of the games that are leaving this month have discounts that end soon or have already.

I'm not going to include H5 though as that's a MS game.
Yeah, I'm not sure why those dates are selected. But they do not correspond to when the game leaves Game Pass. I used to wonder the same thing, so tracked it.
Alright, thanks for letting me know.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I have it set to renew every month.

It's just that I noticed that discounts end on interesting dates (Fallout 76 release date for FO4, and for Vermintide 2, directly a year after release). So it makes me wonder if the game is removed from Game Pass on those dates.

DOOM is set to end on November 10th.

Yeah, I'm not sure why those dates are selected. But they do not correspond to when the game leaves Game Pass. I used to wonder the same thing, so tracked it.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having a lot of fun with Cities Skylines. The game is really relaxing. I enjoy not having any objectives other than to please myself.

Kittenz

Oct 28, 2017
Minneapolis
The new Game Pass app announced today is nice and slick. Way easier to get around to games and WAY snappier than the general Xbox app.

I'm running the beta on iOS and works well. Not sure how USEFUL it is, but download to console worked and browsing the games is MUCH more enjoyable here vs. either the Xbox app OR on the console.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
The new Game Pass app announced today is nice and slick. Way easier to get around to games and WAY snappier than the general Xbox app.

I'm running the beta on iOS and works well. Not sure how USEFUL it is, but download to console worked and browsing the games is MUCH more enjoyable here vs. either the Xbox app OR on the console.

It looked good. I'm wondering if long term this becomes the new Xbox app because I believe long term, Game Pass will be the core of the Xbox platform. The current Xbox app is outdated and not that good.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

Loving it! Didn't know I needed the app until today.

vorimenn

Banned
Jul 28, 2018
London, United Kingdom.
If we know, all Microsoft Studios games will come to Xbox Game Pass on day one.

So… Why they don't mention about Ori and the Will of the Wisps which is Xbox One console exclusive from Microsoft Store and Microsoft is the owner of the IP for this game? I didn't see any logo of Xbox Game Pass on E3 2018 and after that.

And another interesting thing is that Ori and the Blind Forest still didn't come to Xbox Game Pass or even Games with Gold.

Is this because the contract between Moon Studios and Microsoft say they won't publish their games in services? Because it looks like that. Or maybe there is another explanation of that situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.