• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
But who wants shenmue having Yakuza anyway huh.

I wonder if DE:MD is worth it even if I didn't finish HR. And I've got Thimbleweed downloaded forever too but I at least started it and it seemed fine so I'll play that before Ori arrives.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
It looks like PSNow may have got CONTROL first. Which leads me to my question. does anyone know (really know/ not guess) is there some kind of exclusivity thing going on with games being on PSNow and Game Pass? It seems like the big titles are never on both services at the same time.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
It looks like PSNow got CONTROL first. Which leads me to my question. does anyone know (really know/ not guess) is there some kind of exclusivity thing going on with games being on PSNow and Game Pass? It seems like the big titles are never on both services at the same time.

I believe it's been said that Microsoft signs exclusivity deals where games can't appear on other subscription services but I could be wrong on that. If that's the case though we may not see Control on Game Pass after all.

Nov 14, 2017
It looks like PSNow may have got CONTROL first. Which leads me to my question. does anyone know (really know/ not guess) is there some kind of exclusivity thing going on with games being on PSNow and Game Pass? It seems like the big titles are never on both services at the same time.
Isn't Wolfenstein 2 available on both right now?

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
I believe it's been said that Microsoft signs exclusivity deals where games can't appear on other subscription services but I could be wrong on that. If that's the case though we may not see Control on Game Pass after all.

There have definitely been the same games on both services. Vampyr immediately comes to mind.

Control has timed exclusive PS4 dlc coming. The hope that it was coming soon to Game Pass was always off base. I still think there's a chance it eventually get there (hard to see how Phil's comments were that off) but not in the next few months. I think some of these PSNow high profile games are only on for 3 months, maybe after that.

Lorul2

Jan 4, 2018
Last edited:

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Day 1 games are 6 month subscription service exclusive to Game Pass. Beyond that I dont think theres any restrictions. I'm sure Sony will sign their own exclusive deals.

DocH1X1

Banned
Apr 16, 2019
Just got to the running of the club in Yakuza 0. Very cool game and pretty decent story so far. My only criticism which is small is lack of voice acting. It has a decent amount which is good (I dont speak japanese so I say it sounds good) but makes the rest of the game a bit of a downer with it lacking more voice acting.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving Yakuza 0 so far, but my only issue, which is small, is the English translation which uses a lot of expressions and slang that weren't being said in the late 80's. I can't believe there was a "Cool Story, Bro" used. LOL It's the only thing that takes me out of the time period.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Recently got Gamefly and put RE3 and My Hero Academia in my Q. Lol. Tryna save money here between GP and GF and play as much as I can before cancelling for next gen.

Oct 28, 2017
Control on PS Now until the 7th of September. Ouch.

I wonder just what Phil Spencer was going on about when he said he was delighted to to be able to have it reach a larger audience with Game Pass.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Control on PS Now until the 7th of September. Ouch.

I wonder just what Phil Spencer was going on about when he said he was delighted to to be able to have it reach a larger audience with Game Pass.

Major bummer. Good move by Sony though, as this will make me sub to PS Now for one month for the first time.

I could see PS Now becoming a more legitimate competitor to Game Pass next gen. I hope it doesn't lead to exclusive signings of games to just one platform's service though.

rabathehutch

Nov 1, 2017
My (dumb) tin-foil hat theory is Phil's comments were an attempt to strong arm Remedy into signing up to a Game Pass deal.

Vico

Jan 3, 2018
It being on PSNow doesn't prevent it from being on Game Pass soon.

Then again, it's very possible the deal fell through if Sony is Indeed trying to acquire Remedy (I know, it would be public, but I'm assuming they have ways to also prepare some things in private).

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
It being on PSNow doesn't prevent it from being on Game Pass soon.

Then again, it's very possible the deal fell through if Sony is Indeed trying to acquire Remedy (I know, it would be public, but I'm assuming they have ways to also prepare some things in private).

Sadly that's very possible. But so far it mostly have been rumors and the sources (correct me if I'm wrong) weren't too great.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
My (dumb) tin-foil hat theory is Phil's comments were an attempt to strong arm Remedy into signing up to a Game Pass deal.

He's always been pretty conservative when talking about third parties or there might have been an element of truth to your theory.

My pure speculation after wondering about this for a while:
The deal was mostly in place but Remedy was being real careful because of their relationship with Sony and the upcoming timed exclusive expansion. Phil screws up by mentioning the deal before it actually gets signed. The rumor spreads like wildfire, Remedy get pissed because of the lost sales and the aforementioned Sony issue, and back out of the Game Pass deal. They then go straight to Sony and negotiate a deal to appear on PSNow.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He's always been pretty conservative when talking about third parties or there might have been an element of truth to your theory.

My pure speculation after wondering about this for a while:
The deal was mostly in place but Remedy was being real careful because of their relationship with Sony and the upcoming timed exclusive expansion. Phil screws up by mentioning the deal before it actually gets signed. The rumor spreads like wildfire, Remedy get pissed because of the lost sales and the aforementioned Sony issue, and back out of the Game Pass deal. They then go straight to Sony and negotiate a deal to appear on PSNow.
That's my fan theory too..or the deal was close to being signed, and Sony came in to offer more money, which in conjunction with Phil's leak was the final straw.

I don't think Phil leaked it deliberately to try and close the deal - all that would do is annoy remedy and make the deal less likely rather than more likely.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017

I feel like that would be a very unsustainable way of doing things. It would make devs less likely to even begin talking about it with MS in the first place, for fear of said strong-arming. I'd be very surprised if this were true.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm loving Yakuza 0 so far, but my only issue, which is small, is the English translation which uses a lot of expressions and slang that weren't being said in the late 80's. I can't believe there was a "Cool Story, Bro" used. LOL It's the only thing that takes me out of the time period.
Yeah, putting memes into localizations is something I'm not a fan of. The recent Yakuza remasters also got a little heat for adding stuff like "jimmies rustled"

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, putting memes into localizations is something I'm not a fan of. The recent Yakuza remasters also got a little heat for adding stuff like "jimmies rustled"
The side stories are 90% jokes and feature you using a chicken as a manager, among other things. They're not meant to be taken seriously, so I think the jokes are completely fine. So much happens in them that is both absurd and can't really be canon to Kiryu's life.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, they've totally nerfed game pass quests. Quests that were 15 pts are now 5, 50s are now 20s, and the 1000 quest is now 100!

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Yikes, that drop in value for doing Game Pass Quests. What got us 15 last month now gets us 5 and what got us 100 now gets us 20. Quest Complitionist went from 1,000 to 100. Not really worth bothering with anymore. Oh well, I'll get some points as a bonus without trying at least.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
Ruining Game Pass Quests after a single month is ridiculous, especially when regular Rewards stuff, like the Daily Set and Bing searches, hasn't been touched at all. Clearly this is an overreaction to too many people participating last month.

I'm going to actively avoid doing quests this month-- hopefully more people do the same and Microsoft course corrects to a more reasonable level. Quests are a fun way to get you to try out more games, but not if an entire month's amount is worth less than a few days of Bing searches.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
Ruining Game Pass Quests after a single month is ridiculous, especially when regular Rewards stuff, like the Daily Set and Bing searches, hasn't been touched at all. Clearly this is an overreaction to too many people participating last month.

I'm going to actively avoid doing quests this month-- hopefully more people do the same and Microsoft course corrects to a more reasonable level. Quests are a fun way to get you to try out more games, but not if an entire month's amount is worth less than a few days of Bing searches.

yeah, I logged in every day last month and have no reason to this month. Hopefully they'll find a middle ground

jasius

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes, that drop in value for doing Game Pass Quests. What got us 15 last month now gets us 5 and what got us 100 now gets us 20. Quest Complitionist went from 1,000 to 100. Not really worth bothering with anymore. Oh well, I'll get some points as a bonus without trying at least.

MS Rewards has always been the emptiest gesture, it's definately leans in MS favor. I think it was originally made to get people to use that awful Bing.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
MS Rewards has always been the emptiest gesture, it's definately leans in MS favor. I think it was originally made to get people to use that awful Bing.

Not sure I agree that it was "empty" before. I spend less than 3 mins per day doing the daily set and Bing searches, and along with Quests it was enough to keep adding Game Pass Ultimate for free. Earned 9 additional months over a 9 month time period. Granted, I didn't expect that to continue indefinitely but there's got to be a middle ground between "Free Game Pass for almost no effort" and "Quests are worthless."

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Holy shit, they destroyed/ruined the Rewards program with Game Pass. Pretty much have zero interest in it now. Ouch....was already projecting how Game Pass would pay for itself. Not anymore!

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. They neutered it. 1000 for Completionist down to 100. Guess I'll be ignoring Quests then. Great job, Microsoft.

Such a bummer, they had finally hooked me on the program... The benefit was just enough to force me to try certain games etc..

Now I probably won't even bother. It's like 75% less than what it was.

Teggy

Oct 25, 2017
5 points for playing 4 different gamepass games.

That is literally the amount of points for ONE bing search.

I have to laugh.

Deleted member 28461

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Yeah, they had me firing up my Xbox as well as their mobile app every day last month to take care of quests. Now it's really not worth it.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
If you consider the power energy cost probably it's worth NOT turning on your console to do the quests now.

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It still will pay for itself just doing MS Rewards from PC and mobile and MS Rewards App. The Game Pass quests were bonus.

I'm not interested in the mobile and PC stuff anymore. Too much extra work beyond what I would normally do to be worth my time. I was banking on the new Game Pass stuff moving forward. Oh well. Just really disappointed and surprised is all.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'm not interested in the mobile and PC stuff anymore. Too much extra work beyond what I would normally do to be worth my time. I was banking on the new Game Pass stuff moving forward. Oh well. Just really disappointed and surprised is all.

yeah, it would have been a great incentive to try new games and check the app every day, stay in the rewards ecosystem

now it's like... ok whatever i guess i'll just see what it costs after 2022 and gauge if it is worth it full price

Nax

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 10, 2018
The Quests got me to try DMC 5 and Dead Rising 4 last month. No way in hell am I downloading games that large again for these point amounts. Unless I already really wanted to play the game, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.