Status
Not open for further replies.

blitzblake

Banned
Jan 4, 2018
is there a way to sort your games alphabetically on the pc app? the order seems completely random, not even by install date... makes it a bit cumbersome to find a particular game

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Finished Plague. Couldn't put it down, enjoyed it a lot. great game!
I love linear story games like this. More please!

But fuck do I hate difficulty spikes like that. Especially if it comes down to trial and error with shitty checkpoints.
The end was cool though.

dskzero

Oct 30, 2019
Finished Plague. Couldn't put it down, enjoyed it a lot. great game!
I love linear story games like this. More please!

But fuck do I hate difficulty spikes like that. Especially if it comes down to trial and error with shitty checkpoints.
The end was cool though.
Which part was it? I thought it was very well paced (also cleverly so).

grmlin

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Which part was it? I thought it was very well paced (also cleverly so).

Yes, I enjoyed the pace and progression a lot , too. And I would absolutely recommend the game
I didn't enjoy the boss fights too much. The game was about stealth and all the sudden I had to dodge and fight like in an action rpg.
Also controlling the rats killed me more than once. I loved the idea though.

It just was annoying that the checkpoints made you replay larger sections and listen to unskippable dialogues over and over again.

Aeroucn

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Gotta be honest I haven't played anything but Children of Morta, really fun game

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So Old Man's Journey hard crashed and turned my XB1X off at the train section twice. I searched in this thread and it's been happening for awhile now? I might try the Play Anywhere workaround if my laptop can play it, but that stinks it was never fixed.

JimD

Aug 17, 2018
When is Pillars of Eternity 2 being added to PC Game Pass?

I don't think there's ever been confirmation that it IS coming, never mind a date. It just seemed logical since Microsoft owns Obsidian and POE is already on Game Pass. My guess is it's still likely, but any date is pure speculation.

Same goes for The Division 2- no hard info about it coming, just seems really likely given the way the first game has been added and dropped multiple times lately (seemingly to build hype).

MotiD

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think there's ever been confirmation that it IS coming, never mind a date. It just seemed logical since Microsoft owns Obsidian and POE is already on Game Pass. My guess is it's still likely, but any date is pure speculation.

Same goes for The Division 2- no hard info about it coming, just seems really likely given the way the first game has been added and dropped multiple times lately (seemingly to build hype).
its not. Its not published by Microsoft. If it was going to be added, it probably would have by now.

Thanks.
I recall reading some thread stating it will be added to the service, maybe I was wrong.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
There should be a Yakuza 0 trailer or some type of marketing out before it hits right? Presumably they are going to sell these games unless they're a game pass exclusive.
Has there ever been a gamepass game that was only on gamepass and you couldn't buy it? I imagine you'll also be able to buy them. Could be digital only.

My biggest fear with getting invested into the Xbox versions is my same fear of getting into the PC versions and it's that 3-6 won't come.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Has there ever been a gamepass game that was only on gamepass and you couldn't buy it? I imagine you'll also be able to buy them. Could be digital only.

My biggest fear with getting invested into the Xbox versions is my same fear of getting into the PC versions and it's that 3-6 won't come.
I don't get why that's a fear? Enjoy the games as it's own thing.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017

There is no big cliffhanger at the end of Yakuza Kiwami 2 and all games are more or less self contained. You can play Yakuza 0-2 just fine without worries. There is no end goal for the protagonist or an evil mastermind that they are continuously chasing throughout the series. Every game has its own story, villain(s) and ending.

RoadDogg

Oct 27, 2017
Aww too bad about Shadow of the Tomb Raider. It is the only one I never played and I only got a couple hours into it before other things took my focus.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Wasteland Remastered is up on the app.

Anyone played Sea Salt yet?

I played some Sea Salt for about an hour last night. It's pretty fun. Performs well on XB1S, but I do find it a little difficult to keep track of your little pixel swarm among all the pixel art surrounding it. I feel like, everything is too similar in tone and colour, and maybe it's just my colour blindness, but they could have just had some kind of highlights around the characters you're controlling. Even telling NPC's apart from just certain crates, barrels and boxes can be difficult at times. Some of those issues maybe aren't as apparent on XB1X in 4K...I'm not sure. Also, due to the perspective, you can have a lot of your swarm behind items making it difficult to see where they are going or what they are doing. If I'm going to be very reductive, it kind of feels like an 8-bit or 16-bit rouguelike Wonderful 101, minus all the touch pad stuff. I'll probably go back to it and mess around a bit at some point.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, my xbox one x got a black screen and has to go back for repairs.... Luckily I had 6 days warranty left.

Shadow of the tomb raider is what I was playing too. I hope it comes back soon. I want to finish it before it leaves.
HDMI issue? I had this a month or so ago and took it to a MS store, they gave me a new console on the spot.

Shadow was in my backlog, going to jump into it next after Control. Should have played it sooner.

Oct 27, 2017
HDMI issue? I had this a month or so ago and took it to a MS store, they gave me a new console on the spot.

Shadow was in my backlog, going to jump into it next after Control. Should have played it sooner.
Yeah going by the updates on their website, it looks like they have given me a new one too.

Shadow is good. As my console has been dispatched, I might get it by Wednesday. Leaving me about a week to get it done

jesu

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I need to crack on with Shadow of the Tomb Raider.
I've been enjoying it but taking ages with it.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
When putting games on Game Pass, hopefully devs learn to not put long ass cutscenes at the start of their game. I find I enjoy the games that drop you into gameplay right away than those that don't. I am usually already ready to quit a game after the cutscene is over. I did not research or spend $60 on this product, I have no remorse in cutting it loose if it doesn't grab me quickly, and cutscenes do not help.

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I played some Sea Salt for about an hour last night. It's pretty fun. Performs well on XB1S, but I do find it a little difficult to keep track of your little pixel swarm among all the pixel art surrounding it. I feel like, everything is too similar in tone and colour, and maybe it's just my colour blindness, but they could have just had some kind of highlights around the characters you're controlling. Even telling NPC's apart from just certain crates, barrels and boxes can be difficult at times. Some of those issues maybe aren't as apparent on XB1X in 4K...I'm not sure. Also, due to the perspective, you can have a lot of your swarm behind items making it difficult to see where they are going or what they are doing. If I'm going to be very reductive, it kind of feels like an 8-bit or 16-bit rouguelike Wonderful 101, minus all the touch pad stuff. I'll probably go back to it and mess around a bit at some point.
I see what you mean. I'm not colour blind but it's hard to keep up as it is. Just played the first level which seems canny even if I don't have a clue what's going on yet. And boy is the sound LOUD in this game.

Sulik2

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Children of Morta is fantastic even though half the characters are terrible when playing solo.

Oct 28, 2017
When putting games on Game Pass, hopefully devs learn to not put long ass cutscenes at the start of their game. I find I enjoy the games that drop you into gameplay right away than those that don't. I am usually already ready to quit a game after the cutscene is over. I did not research or spend $60 on this product, I have no remorse in cutting it loose if it doesn't grab me quickly, and cutscenes do not help.
As long as the game had an option to skip cinematics, I don't mind them.

Skip cinematics, get into the game. Restart the game again if you like it and then enjoy the cinematics.

storaføtter

Oct 26, 2017
Playing Plague at the moment. An endearing game with so much personality. Unfortunately the gameplay loop wears off pretty quickly but the plot and graphics keep me engaged still.

Not as impressive as I expected but still a nice experience. It helps that I do not binge on it. Looking forward to trying Children of Morta next.

Status
Not open for further replies.