• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Today I finally ordered an Xbox One X and also made sure to get 3 months of Game Pass Ultimate for next to nothing.

One potential dumb question though: if I understood it correctly no DLC are included with games on Game Pass, like Witcher 3 or Fallout 4. If I want to play the DLC, should I just buy it / season pass normally on the store, or how does it work? And then if the game is removed from Game Pass I'm out of luck?
I think all Xbox consoles come with a month of Game Pass in the box. May just be for new customers though. May not be able to redeem it now that you subscribed.

And yeah, dlc is usually separate. They offer discounts on games and dlc for game pass subscribers though.

Last edited:

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Do we know any of the January games?

I think that they'll want to start 2020 off with a bang.

As far as I know, no annoucnents yet. It's tricky because I don't think they would want to add any games that are too big - to avoid pissing off people who just bought them for Christmas. Almost better off to do smaller & older games in the first half of the month, and announce bigger additions in the second half and into February.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
As far as I know, no annoucnents yet. It's tricky because I don't think they would want to add any games that are too big - to avoid pissing off people who just bought them for Christmas. Almost better off to do smaller & older games in the first half of the month, and announce bigger additions in the second half and into February.

That works too, but I'll be glad to take some of the already announced games like FF 10, 12 or 13. Can't be pissed if you bought that when it was announced as coming to game pass on X019. I guess we'll know soon, new leaving games are already visible so I guess there will be new games this week already, with new related rewards quests maybe.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any point to Ultimate if you only play on PC, It doesn't seem like a paid Live subscription is required to play Microsoft titles online?

Just paid for some Discord Nitro to get some more game pass but it got converted from 3 months of standard to 2 months of Ultimate, maybe not worth keeping it ultimate in the long run.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Is there any point to Ultimate if you only play on PC, It doesn't seem like a paid Live subscription is required to play Microsoft titles online?

Just paid for some Discord Nitro to get some more game pass but it got converted from 3 months of standard to 2 months of Ultimate, maybe not worth keeping it ultimate in the long run.

No, not really. You get ultimate editions for some first party games, but that's it.

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018

As the other reply mentions, you get ultimate editions of certain first party games. Forza Horizon 4 for example doesn't give you the deluxe edition, whereas Gears 5 does. I converted my regular Game Pass on PC to ultimate thinking you get deluxe for all games, wish I didn't now. But I guess a the end of my ultimate I can just go back to PC.

Also, hopefully they start to have parity in offerings between PC and console Game Pass. Wanna play Remnant but that is only on console Game Pass.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
My Friend Pedro is very fun, such a good palate cleanse between samey games like Control, Jedi: Fallen Order.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
My Friend Pedro is very fun, such a good palate cleanse between samey games like Control, Jedi: Fallen Order.
I enjoyed it. But I couldnt stop comparing it to hotline miami, Katana zero, and even hong kong massacre (which I liked better). I also felt it like It overstayed its welcome a bit for what it was.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Re-asking since I posted at the end of a page by accident -

If I get 3 months for $1 (dashboard), can I go back to regular GP after it expires, or am I stuck in Ultimate forever? (I don't need Ultimate, I just want the cheapest GP offering.)

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

If I get 3 months for $1 (dashboard), can I go back to regular GP after it expires, or am I stuck in Ultimate forever? (I don't need Ultimate, I just want the cheapest GP offering.)

You must wait for it to expire before activating regular game pass again, or it will convert into ultimate.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017

Do you have any live time remaining? That will get converted too(there's a ratio).

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Very much expecting Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair to hit Game Pass soon seeing as it went free on the EGS.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
You must wait for it to expire before activating regular game pass again, or it will convert into ultimate.
Really? Oh man I thought it was a one time thing only and you're stuck with Ultimate forever. Or at least, I thought the conversion of your current subs to Ultimate was only a one time thing; that's the only reason I haven't subbed yet (going to stack 3 years once I get a Series X). Otherwise, what's to stop someone from exploiting that knowledge and just keep stacking XBL and converting 1:1 for cheap?

Kei-

Mar 1, 2018
Really? Oh man I thought it was a one time thing only and you're stuck with Ultimate forever. Or at least, I thought the conversion of your current subs to Ultimate was only a one time thing; that's the only reason I haven't subbed yet (going to stack 3 years once I get a Series X). Otherwise, what's to stop someone from exploiting that knowledge and just keep stacking XBL and converting 1:1 for cheap?

The 1:1 conversion is only the first time. Any conversion after that has a different ratio.

Kromis

Oct 29, 2017
SoCal
The 1:1 conversion is only the first time. Any conversion after that has a different ratio.
The poster above suggested that you let your Ultimate subscription lapse before you redeem any other subscription so it doesn't convert at a different ratio to Ultimate. Are you saying if I let my Ultimate subscription lapse which reverts me back to non-Ultimate, I can redeem a 12 month Gold sub normally (with full 12 months Gold, no conversion) but as soon as I try to convert back to Ultimate again, it's going to convert my existing 12 month at a different ratio (turns into 4 months Ultimate)?

Thanathorn

Dec 10, 2019
Do we know if the Yakuza games will be released on game pass all together or will be be released separately over time?

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Two point hospital and Control next month would be insane.

Now is the time Microsoft need to step it up to keep those people that got cheap deals for a few months with their Christmas presents subscribed

(Not that they haven't stepped it up already!)

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Slay the Spire is the first card game I've ever played. It was sucking my time....then I hit a wall. 3rd boss respawned after I took it out along with two strong sidekicks. Feel like that one is damned near impossible. Anyone else overcome that wall?

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017

1:1 is only one time. I redeemed 3 months of regular console pass code from rewards while having ultimate activated and it only added 2 months (of ultimate instead of regular console pass). There's a conversion table with rates out there or probably in the first page of this thread maybe.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Not for a 4yo! We switch to Switch again if I cannot find it for cheap when it leaves. On switch it's in English and that's not our foreign language ;)

We'll play the others for sure later

There's Lego Worlds which was added very recently and I played for a bit (rewards quests) and it looks fine for a kid I guess? a little Minecraft which makes it maybe more complicated later on... but it's not about police and thieves and robbing and GTA parody like Lego City Undercover... I guess?

Anyway, play Untitled Goose Game with them! Or, maybe Snake Pass, Yoku's Island Express, Yooka Laylee or the other platformer with a fox?

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder whether any games will be announced tomorrow, or if they will wait until next week. I'm definitely not hurting for games after what I received for Christmas, but am curious.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Completed Remnant: From the Ashes. What a fantastic game. I know a million people have said it already but the Souls/Resident Evil 4 description really does fit.

Didn't engage too much with the co-op outside of joining public games to try and see some specific bosses once I was finished my own playthrough but that side of it seems very well done too.

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I can't get enough of My Friend Pedro. Game is just such a blast to play for a few runs at the end of the night. Started it up on PC too. Will probably end up buying the game, because it's one I'll definitely want to keep and 100%.

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Completed Remnant: From the Ashes. What a fantastic game. I know a million people have said it already but the Souls/Resident Evil 4 description really does fit.

Didn't engage too much with the co-op outside of joining public games to try and see some specific bosses once I was finished my own playthrough but that side of it seems very well done too.
Is that game on GP PC finally?

Status
Not open for further replies.