Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
For Remnant there are normally some good tactics or traits which make boss fights easier. They also scale up with players so whilst adds can be a pain solo, it's not always necessarily easier with two or more. I believe they also set the boss strength when you initially meet them (based on weapon level not trait), so going away and levelling up weapons and armour is good if you are finding it tough. It also follows that if you get to a boss door but want to explore the world further then go through the fog door first and give it a go. If you fail it will still have set the boos strength based on your current strength.

One final tip, check your weapon/armour strength relative to the current zone in the additional info tab at the bottom. It should be a diamond for about right or green arrow/s up for better, red arrow/s down for below. If you are red then definitely go away and level that up.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I decided to skip Before the Storm. Just seems unnecessary. I'm happy with the story as it is.

I was relieved the hear the sequel has minimal ties to the original.

I was selfish and chose to sacrifice Arcadia Bay to save Chloe. She had a hard life, I wanted to see it have a relatively happy ending. I also didn't want to undo everything I had gone through over the course of the game.

Was really cool to see the final decision was split 52/48 worldwide. My friends all chose the option I didn't, though.
I'd also recommend playing before the storm. It adds tons of context to the original life is strange story.

It doesn't change anything about the story but it makes the highs and lows even more meaningful.

Unfortunately the first episode is a bit slow, and has some grating teen shenanigans, but in episode 2 and 3 the story flies.

If you loved LiS as a perfect little story then BTS honestly makes it better. Like I say, nothing is changed but you have tons more context and empathy for the characters.

krg

Oct 27, 2017
Just got a 297m score on Devil's Tilt. There's even an achievement for 1b points, looking at the leaderboards 4 people have it so far lmao.

Game is tons of fun, easily the best video pinball game in a while.
If you like pinball games you could also try Creature in the Well and Yoku's Island Express (not true pinball though)

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you like pinball games you could also try Creature in the Well and Yoku's Island Express (not true pinball though)

Oh trust me, I played those. Yoku is amazing, Creature in the Well is a bit too chaotic for a pinball game imho but it's stylish as hell. Momonga Pinball Adventures is also a cute (if a bit simple) take on the formula. But the point of my post is that it's the best video pinball in a while, as in a "digital" pinball game that mimics the old school digital pinballs which were always more varied and crazy than the mechanical ones by Williams and the likes.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Played through the campaign of Remnant co-op with my brother this weekend, and had a pretty great time. I don't know how into it I would be solo, but it was a lot of fun doing it multiplayer.

Moppy

Oct 27, 2017
Solo is good. But co-op is pretty great

Yeah, the high points of the game for me was the handful of times we would get stuck on a boss for more than an attempt or two and need to change mods around and try to talk through the encounter and strategy:
The pair of flying bugs, the Undying King, and even the final boss took us a few shots (though it was bugged until we restarted the game, which wasted some time)

It felt like practicing and coordinating boss fights in an MMO or something, which was a lot of fun.

Anyway, yeah, good game. Would recommend.

DrDamn

Oct 27, 2017
It felt like practicing and coordinating boss fights in an MMO or something, which was a lot of fun.

Same here, Boss wise you really need to work out what approach works and what doesn't. Switching out weapons, mods and rings/accessories can really make a difference.

I solo'ed the two bug things - well up there with my best gaming achievements

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
Does it change or become better ? I played about 5-6 missions and I'm doing exactly the same. The game is not Bas but feels repetitive for me but maybe because I'm not big on 2Ds
The game continues to introduce new mechanics and weapons and enemy types and environmental hazards right up until the very last level.

DOATag

Oct 25, 2017
Canada, eh?
Is anyone else having trouble with Game Pass for PC? I installed Age of Empires and the game wanted to update, but I kept getting an error message - 0x80070020

I tried uninstalling and then re-installing the game, but after uninstalling, when trying to reinstall it looked like it started downloading and after a second would say the game is installed but nothing happened.
Now, I've installed Europa Universalis IV and the same exact thing happened with the update and this 0x80070020 error message.
I've looked it up and it seems to be about your Windows not being up to date, but I've checked and my system is up to date. I'm not sure what else to do.

Edit: There was some optional update that I couldn't see at first.
The problem with EU IV is solved, but Age of Empires is still not installing :\

I have the same issue with aoe4, but no luck getting it uninstalled or reinstalled

speedomodel

Oct 27, 2017
My Friend Pedro is everything I wanted it to be. Game is a blast. Will most likely buy it because I see myself returning to it for "one more" run.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Demon's Tilt didn't really click with me. I wanted nudge control like in The Pinball Arcade.

Still chugging away at Bard's Tale 4. This game really clicked with me after getting off to a slow start in a way that Operencia didn't.

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Completed Bloodstained. 100% map and all demons killed. Didn't bother going for the 1000/1000 as it seems there's a pretty decent grind to get all the shards etc post game.

Really enjoyed it, pretty much exactly what I wanted to be. I'd posted earlier about an obtuse barrier to progression
the train pass
- there's another one a bit later that I didn't like -
the anti-spike armour
- but that aside it was great. Seems like plenty extra stuff for the people that do want that grind to max all the stuff out too.

Starting Wandersong now. I really want to play Demon's Tilt but i'm an achievement wierdo and have seen a few comments about buggy achievments so will wait on a patch first.

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think I'm through with Demon's Tilt. Played probably 5 hours of it over the weekend all told, and while I was incrementally getting better each time, usually besting my high score, I didn't feel like I was making enough actual progress in the game. The problem for me is the middle of the board. It's just too cluttered and that makes it frustrating to get to the top part of the board, and then you get to the top and the flippers are space too far apart to be able to make any progress up there. I don't know maybe I'll go back to it at some point, but I feel like 50% of the time I lose a ball it's just the game being cheap.

Aldi

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
Not enjoying My friend Pedro as much as I thought I would. Given it a few hours but it doesn't sit well with me..

Putting alot of time into Escapist 2 at the moment. Playing couch co-op with my daughter and having friends drop in to help out is a load of fun. We've spent a few days in solitary due to lunch time brawls and us ganging up on the guards.

demi

Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass has been great so far. Been mostly playing smaller games, but I've cranked out these since being a sub (since Gears 5 launch)

- Thimbleweed Park (pretty good)
- Blair Witch (meh)
- Bloodstained: Ritual (really good)
- Tacoma (meh, easy 1k haha)
- Guacamelee 2 (ok)
- Hollow Knight (ok)

Currently playing Timespinner, which is really good, nice quality pixel art here.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
Game Pass has been great so far. Been mostly playing smaller games, but I've cranked out these since being a sub (since Gears 5 launch)

- Thimbleweed Park (pretty good)
- Blair Witch (meh)
- Bloodstained: Ritual (really good)
- Tacoma (meh, easy 1k haha)
- Guacamelee 2 (ok)
- Hollow Knight (ok)

Currently playing Timespinner, which is really good, nice quality pixel art here.

Timespinner has nice art and music and controlling the character can be fun, but the gameplay and level design is way, way below Hollow Knight and Guacamelee (1) imo; but for me those are not just "ok" games, mind you.

Also, I liked Tacoma for what it is. :)
Gotta play Thimbleweed though, looks interesting.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have any tips or good tutorials for demons tilt?

I did a quick search on YouTube but could only find high score runs.

Want to find out a bit more about the mechanics of top, middle and bottom.

Troll

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
Someone should make a pinball game that is multiple levels and the higher you go the more difficult and crazy it gets

RossC

Oct 27, 2017
Did we know Ticket to Ride was coming? Just saw it on the game pass app. Always meant to give the board game a try.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
The patch for the Division 2 took 2 hours longer than scheduled, which meant I finally booted up Slay The Spire for the first time, and goddamnit, after a single run, I'm already hooked.

ethanradd

Oct 30, 2017
This service just keeps on giving, was thinking about Untitled Goose Game and just saw that tweet, brilliant.

Oct 25, 2017
I've wanted to play the talos principle for years but I've never gotten around to it. Based on a few recent threads on here I decided to give it a try on Gamepass. I'm sure glad I did. The puzzles are really good but not crazy hard although I'm sure things will ramp up. I'm also really digging the serious metaphysical questions the game asks.

Soul Skater

Oct 25, 2017
I came this close to downloading it on switch the other day, but o just had a feeling this was gonna happen

bring on the goose

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Really excited to finally try Pathologic 2 this Thursday. I so almost bought it on Steam a few weeks ago.

Arthois

Oct 27, 2017
100%ed Creature in the well. Don't sleep on it people. Just like Slay the Spire, it's a sleeper hit.

Status
Not open for further replies.