WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will be resubbing very soon. I love Life is Strange, and have wanted to try Prey and MHW.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
If you have the patience, why even buy games anymore? Just wait for them to appear on GP.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If you have the patience, why even buy games anymore? Just wait for them to appear on GP.

Lol, there's no guarantee the game you want will appear on GP, infact, there's more of a chance it won't. And I'd imagine more people care about playing incredible or tentpole games as close to launch as possible than they do simply saving a buck.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I will be resubbing very soon. I love Life is Strange, and have wanted to try Prey and MHW.

in NA MS is doing a 3-months for $1 deal starting tomorow.

In europe, you can get 6 months (3 month + 3 month free) for £23.99 (which is about 28€) on amazon uk, works outside the uk too I bought it myself.

I heard there is the same 3+3 deal in NA but I cant find it in the amazon.com site.

CSMITHY84

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Been waiting to buy Monster Hunter World on PS4 but looks like I can scratch that and resub to game pass for it

Opa-Opa

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 16, 2018
I just can't find the time to play those games because I own a Switch... but it's just too tempting to buy an Xbox One X right now, jesus.

It's really up there in my potential impulse buys.

Pillock

User Requested Ban
Banned
Dec 29, 2017
I just can't find the time to play those games because I own a Switch... but it's just too tempting to buy an Xbox One X right now, jesus.

Exactly the opposite for me. I'd like a Switch but have just so much to play on X1X thanks to GP.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif

RoastBeeph

Oct 29, 2017
The quality of games Game Pass is adding keeps going up. Game Pass is going to be ridiculous and a must have when next gen Xbox comes out. Already this fall is going to be absurd with day one releases of Gears 5, Ori 2, Battletoads, and potentially Ninja Theory's next game. I wonder if Outer Worlds will be a day one release.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for LiS2 Ep2.

Is the Prey X enhancement that drastic? I just Platinumed the PS4 Pro version recently, so I think I'm a little burned out on it for now. I heard the load times aren't greatly improved. I played it on an external SSD, so I wonder if that would make a difference.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep I keep saying Xbox Game Pass is a tremendous value and they keep proving me right every month. I figured Prey would be on the way soon since it joined PS Now recently and other Bethesda games are on Game Pass. Monster Hunter World is surprise though. That means that perhaps in another year we might see DMC5 and Resident Evil 2 on here as well.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
I didn't see anyone answering this, are any of these games play anywhere? Like, are any of them coming to PC?

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What type of game is MHW? Like what are some games it is similar to? Been hearing a ton about it and am curious. Never played any of the MH games.

Bigfellahull

Prophet of Truth
Mar 6, 2018
Holy crap Game Pass keeps getting better and better. I now only buy the games I really want to play on release knowing that others may come to GP 6 to 12 months down the line. Such a great deal.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Damn great month. Couldn't get into Prey based on starting area difficulty (plus thought the enemy designs were a bit too headcrabby) but heck may as well try it again on GP.

In for episode 2 of Life is Strange too. Hope to see more indie releases on GP again, seems like those have slowed down a bit.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
I just finished my second playthrough of Prey this past weekend. I am super stoked that more people will have the opportunity to play it! It's arguably one of my favorite games of this console generation, alongside Arkane's other offerings (Dishonored 2, Death of the Outsider).

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
Hope I can keep the $1-$2 sub train going until at least gears of war 5. I ideally Id like to hold on to my 2 years worth of sub codes until next gen lol.

Calvin

Oct 26, 2017
I just bought Monster Hunter World this last Friday. Granted it's on PS4, but after months of being nagged I finally bought it.

I'm never buying a game again.
Because of the fantastic value of Gamepass (and to a lesser extent just XBL and also EA Access) I have actually almost completely stopped buying games. I will still get AAA games if I am really interested with them on day 1 (and often regret it - Div2 and Anthem come to mind) especially if they are open world or RPG - everything else is gamefly or wait for Gamepass. Microsoft has an incredible foundation for next gen.

Keikaku

Oct 27, 2017
Can you link me to this offer? Is there a UK variant?
Here

3 months for 1 GBP: Promotional discounts are not available in Quebec or Russia. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 1 offer per account. Offer valid from 11/04/2019 9:00 p.m. PDT to 12/05/2019 11:59 PDT. After the promotional period, the subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular quarterly price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Credit card required.

Tiamat

Nov 16, 2017
I will finally try prey and maybe monster hunter to be sure it really not my kind of game.
Good month !

Ojli

Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
As a person who hasn't jumped onto this generation yet, buying the All-Digital Xbox is very tempting considering the amount of content that I actually want.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
My brother and I are loving it. Monster hunter world is coop game right? I set his Xbox One X as my home xbox. He can play game pass games for free? This doubles the value for me. Is prey coop also?
I'm pretty sure you can't play coop together in this way. You'd both need to be online, so you'd both be trying to play the game with the same license at the same time. I doubt that will work. Likewise, I'm not sure how often game pass needs to check online, but if it's every time, only one of you is likely to be able to play them at a time.

Actually, unless they changed it this does work. We used to have 2 Xbox ones, one was set as my home console which could always play my games. If I logged in on the other console to play and my ex was playing on my home console we were able to play the same game together online.

Matty H

Oct 31, 2017
I'll be downloading The Walking Dead Season 3 and Monster Hunter World. I wouldn't have bought either game without a steep discount but $1 for 3 months is a better deal than I was expecting. Even the normal Game Pass price is a great deal.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
Here

3 months for 1 GBP: Promotional discounts are not available in Quebec or Russia. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Limit 1 offer per account. Offer valid from 11/04/2019 9:00 p.m. PDT to 12/05/2019 11:59 PDT. After the promotional period, the subscription continues to be charged at the then-current regular quarterly price (subject to change), unless cancelled. Plus applicable taxes. Credit card required.

It shows £11.99 for me when I login/refresh. Still 50% off, but not 1 GBP.