• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018

Main new features include abilitly to mechanically adjust the tension of the sticks, three profiles + one default, gripping all around the controller, finer hair triggers which also have a grip feel, USB-C loading in and out of the case, Bluetooth connection to Win 10 PCs and tablets (iOS and iPad OS for example).

Software side new features: You can map voice controls to buttons, for example take a screenshot etc.. Also, you can "multi map" buttons by combining a hold button + push button that way you have a huge amount of mapping options (for example hold RT+LS = take a screenshot)

One huge draw back: Internal batteries. They are supposed to last up to 40 hours though.

MSRP of $179.99

Release on Nov. 4

Elite2Inline1.png

Elite2Inline2.png

Last edited:

Barneystuta

Nov 4, 2017

Includes:

Everything in the OG Elite
Bluetooth
Rechargeable battery
3 profiles (instead of 2)
Physical adjustment to stick tension

Dat price though... sadly, I am still going to buy.

Edit: can a mod edit the title typo?

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Am I going to buy a controller for $180? Yes, yes I am.

OP
OP

Zaubrer

Oct 16, 2018
For how long tho? That's the entire problem with these POS internal batteries. Ugh, way to fuck this thing up., looks like a cool controller otherwise.
yeah really. such a stupid decision. I hate internal batteries as well. You pay 180 bucks for that controller just to have it defective after two years because battery life is at the end.

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
180 dollar gamepad is a no from me dawg, sorry. I'm not that cheap but unless it dispenses Balvenie Doublewood on demand I'm not doing that. Money better spent on a VRR monitor or new GPU

0ptimusPayne

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure it will be, but I'm not throwing money at any new accessories until they announce that it's forward compatible with Scarlett...

hank_tree

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Was ready to buy one but internal batteries can fuck off.

Dec 11, 2017
This is the announcement that got me the most excited. I just hope the battery isn't a problem and this will work on Scarlett.

Zelda

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the built in internal battery is a deal breaker for me. Being able to pop my eneloops in and out of my controllers is just too good.

Courage

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Getting this with Best Buy's product replacement plan because I'm not falling for that laughable limited warranty shit again

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
as dope as this controller looks, I am not paying that much for one. My 360 wired gamepad works just fine and I never need to be too far from my desktop so no need for bluetooth.

If they lower the price during a sale I'm game.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017
One day, wired controllers will come back

I'd be over this in a heartbeat if it was :(

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I guess the Xbox Scarlett won't have gyro controls if they're releasing another Elite controller without it.

With that said, thank god microUSB is gone.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Rubberized grips means it's a hard pass. I hate that stuff on mice. Let's please not ruin controllers. That it's textured is even worse. It's gonna catch all sorts of hand grime and absorb sweat. Yuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.