Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 18951

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Come on guys really...the same people racing to pre-order games on Amazon so they can save ten dollars, who complain about other costs in gaming, with re-issues being full price and companies like Nintendo not dropping prices...why do you need or even want 2 years of GamePass and XBL at full price? It's a big chunk of what you are paying for here! Who in 2018, 5 years after launch and 2 revisions later, is paying full price for a Xbox when there is a sale like every other month where you can get one without GamePass and XBL. You keep changing the narrative smaller and smaller...who are these two or three people interested in this that you are referring to? Who are these first world people that can't wait like next week/next month/this holiday for a better deal, or a used XB1...seriously, they have some type of deals across retail for XB1 like every other week it seems...

Like you are comparing it to a TV, which is still cheaper and has more uses for the average household than this. People are comparing this to so many other things except the main part you guys are hiding...people generally don't want 2 years of GamePass! Or two years of XBL at full price! I'm sorry to break it to you but if you look at recent NPD hardware sales, GamePass isn't the must have draw you think it is.

As we've seen from the lack of response in this thread, there aren't many people ACTUALLY INTERESTED in doing this because it is not a great deal. You guys are way over-valuing GamePass...you know what would be the cheaper option...an option without full price GamePass and XBL, which is most consumers would want.

Like you guys are comparing this to TVs and cell phones (which also often have sales all the time...like how much stuff do you have that you paid full retail price for...going by every other thread here, I'm guessing very little)?

Honestly it sounds like you are trying to be a contrarian because there is no way you could sell this to someone that doesn't have an XB1 as the best option, unless you are a Xbox fanboy that thinks having GamePass RIGHT NOW AT FULL PRICE is some need as a gamer. GamePass is nice but for $20/month you could get a used or game on sale that you actually want and own games.

The same people that preach anti-consumerism are trying to praise a full price full service option for a 5 year old system...meanwhile people are falling over themselves to get the latest PS4 and Xbox bundles because they actually come with a game and a free trial for one or more of their services...okay by the way why don't you just ignore Steam sales and deals from Humble Bundle at such and buy the game at full price...is that what you guys actually tell people? The same people ready to jump off a bridge when GCU and Prime discounts for $10 disappeared?

Ok...I'll play along.

Jeebus, lol.

Its not going to be for the majority on this board (HARDCORE GAMERZ RULE!) cause everyone already has their console of choice, although I have seen quite a few people say they will pick one up with XAA offer in this very thread. Why cant you just accept its an alternative to the more traditional methods of buying a console, thats all it is, nothing more than that, its simply offering consumers more choices.

You think its a big bag of shite and other people dont, you wont change their mind and they wont change yours so what are you hoping to achieve?

You win, you can get a better deal if you wait for retailer sales and hunt down discount codes. Well done, you win, lol.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I honestly feel like you are the one being contrarian. Yes, there are deals available to people who want to search/wait for them and pay upfront. That would be cheaper in the long term. But that doesn't describe he entire market. This is available for people who want to spread their costs over a couple years. Compared to typical practices within this model, the deal is good. You're looking deeper than it is.

But who are these people? Come on...little to no people are doing this because they already have an Xbox, and if they don't, they would rather not pay full retail price for something. What is this "market" you speak of...people who are making terrible buying decisions? There is a reason Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year...people tend to want deals and not pay full price, ESPECIALLY gamers.

8 pages in, on a gaming board...and we literally have TWO posts from two different people saying that they are or will do it (not maybe or I would if I didn't have one), and one was already credit rejected. This isn't a vacuum, this is paying $528 for a bunch of stuff the average gamer that you claim this targets would not want! Who wants two years of GamePass and XBL at full price? Who is that desperate for an Xbox One?

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
Yet they are on tweeter or facebook every day. If they can search for people, surely they can search deals via google. :D
you fail to recognize that not everyone is on twitter or facebook. you fail to recognize that not everyone searches on google or relies on your methods of research. Everyone does not live like you or how you think they live.

Everyone should use groupon or slickdeals right? because its easy to search for deals right? can we use this logic for anything we buy like food too? because coupons and deals are just that easy to find right?

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But who are these people? Come on...little to no people are doing this because they already have an Xbox, and if they don't, they would rather not pay full retail price for something. What is this "market" you speak of...people who are making terrible buying decisions? There is a reason Black Friday is the biggest shopping day of the year...people tend to want deals and not pay full price, ESPECIALLY gamers.

8 pages in, on a gaming board...and we literally have TWO posts from two different people saying that they are or will do it (not maybe or I would if I didn't have one), and one was already credit rejected. This isn't a vacuum, this is paying $528 for a bunch of stuff the average gamer that you claim this targets would not want! Who wants two years of GamePass and XBL at full price? Who is that desperate for an Xbox One?

They are the people who don't visit fucking gaming boards or forums, how do you not get this? lol

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017

8 pages in, on a gaming board...and we literally have TWO posts from two different people saying that they are or will do it, and one was already credit rejected. This isn't a vacuum, this is paying $528 for a bunch of stuff the average gamer that you claim this targets would not want! Who wants two years of GamePass and XBL at full price?

Why do you care about who specifically this market is or what others spend their money on?

The fact is ,consumers financing electronics and tech is an extremely common practice. Subscription services for digital media are extremely and increasingly popular (spotify, Apple Music, Netflix, etc). MS is seemingly trying to meet consumers where they are headed.

Who specifically is the market? We don't know, because this is a new endevor. But this a perfectly logical experiement given current consumption trends.

You think gamers are opposed to paying full price? Then why are game sales front loaded? And why is digital making up for 40%+ of new sales? Why do console makers still manage to sell hundreds of thousands of units every month?

Black Friday isn't going anywhere, but that doesn't mean no other business models have value. You think everyone who wants this is going to show up on resetera to report it? Xbox One launched in 2013. People who don't have a console already probably aren't on gaming sites. But they just might go for this instead of swiping their credit card.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
I honestly feel like you are the one being contrarian. Yes, there are deals available to people who want to search/wait for them and pay upfront. That would be cheaper in the long term. But that doesn't describe he entire market. This is available for people who want to spread their costs over a couple years. Compared to typical practices within this model, the deal is good. You're looking deeper than it is.

You're also ignoring the fact that being pro consumer means acknowledging that different consumers have different values. For me personally, in many cases, having access to hundreds of games than is more value able than ownership. I don't need to physically own every piece of media I consume. I've played and enjoyed games that I'll never have an urge to touch again once I'm done with them.

I'm not sure I follow.

The current cost of the Pass is follows MSRP. If someone buys a pass now, they'll ultimately pay the same price as someone who pays full price now. This makes sense because they'll be in possession of the console during the same time frame.

If the MSRP of the console drops, then there's nothing stopping the price of the Pass for new subscribers from following suit.

Because of the pass, the MSRP can be the same much longer.

kungfuian

Banned
Jan 24, 2018
I would think Microsoft would want this in the form of credit cards with no interest. That way if you don't pay they can collect. Otherwise a huge upfront without security.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
They are the people who don't visit fucking gaming boards or forums, how do you not get this? lol

And why would those people want an Xbox so desperately at this point? I hate to break it to you but people aren't falling over themselves to get an Xbox, especially the casual market! But hey continue to make up this great market out there so opposed to used game sales or waiting for deals that appear in every mall Gamestop/Best Buy or on Amazon at least once a month...in fact those people you speak of tend to go for the cheapest option...

Come on, look at the "hardcore gamer" comment made by Microsoft's own exec in another thread here...who in 2018, that isn't a hardcore gamer, is saying "boy I really wish I had an Xbox right now"...

Why do you care about who specifically this market is or what others spend their money on?

The fact is ,consumers financing electronics and tech is an extremely common practice. Subscription services for digital media are extremely and increasingly popular (spotify, Apple Music, Netflix, etc). MS is seemingly trying to meet consumers where they are headed.

Who specifically is the market? We don't know, because this is a new endeavor. But this a perfectly logical experiement given current consumption trends.

This is a gaming message board and we are discussing Xbox All Access, which I feel is not that great of a deal. I don't care about anything regarding this, we are having a discussion...and all those other things you listed that consumers are financing are WAY more popular than an Xbox, in many cases, cheaper than this $528, and they certainly aren't paying the MSRP of the manufacturer! Subscription media services are cheaper, don't require a credit check, and don't require what is basically a 2 year commitment for the most expensive versions of their service.

So, you don't know because you know this goes against the core of how consumers shop, and definitely against even the most casual gamer's shopping habits (again, who is desperate for an XB1?)...and it isn't a new endeavor because they did the same thing with the 360 towards the end of its life. This is just to get people to pay full price for something that Xbox fanboys can use to push GamePass as the next best thing.

This is all really about pushing GamePass and XBL onto people for two years with no way out. Why would the non-gamer, or casual gamer, or family buying gifts, or less fortunate (just to shoot down all the weird reasons people have in this thread for supporting this LOL)...why would all those people want to be locked into 2 years of something they might not want or even like?

JustP_Gaming

Jan 5, 2018
Dude you're being annoying with this, how can you not see that to people this can be a great value for them where they can have all of this for 22 bucks a month where they don't have to put down a lot of money up front.

This is truly what it all boils down to. Some may prefer to pay for the console out right, and some my prefer this monthly model. Choice is great, plain and simple.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017
Because of the pass, the MSRP can be the same much longer.

If the pass was significantly more popular than buying outright, maybe. I don't see that happening. There would still be demand for day1 ownership and there would still be market pressures to decrease prices overtime.

If anything I could see the pass allowing MS to launch a new console with a higher MSRP version, whilst minimizing the effect of price as the barrier to entry.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
I hate to break it to you but people aren't falling over themselves to get an Xbox...who in 2018, that isn't a hardcore gamer, is saying "boy I really wish I had an Xbox right now"...and all those other things you listed that consumers are financing are WAY more popular than an Xbox...(again, who is desperate for an XB1?)...Xbox fanboys...something they might not want or even like?

Ok, all your posts in this thread make sense now.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
If anything I could see the pass allowing MS to launch a new console with a higher MSRP version, whilst minimizing the effect of price as the barrier to entry.
Yeap. People keep pretending consumers don't buy electronics devices like that. People buy phones from carriers/Apple on essentially a 2 year interest free loan in droves every year and yet suddenly this isn't a model that consumers will go for.

You can get deals on even iPhones, Apple care, etc... and yet I personally know multiple people who go for that Apple yearly new phone plan that bundles all of that together for MSRP. Those same folks could also spend that money upfront or look for a deal yet it's easier for them just to drop by Apple store once a year and get a new iPhone on a $40-50 monthly payment.

It's mind-boggling that a simple concept like that needs to be kept hammered on in this thread. Folks need to wake up and realize that vast majority of the consumers out there that bought those 80 million PS4s, 20 million Switches and 40 million Xboxes don't go to message boards, gaming forums or slickdeals.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And why would those people want an Xbox so desperately at this point? I hate to break it to you but people aren't falling over themselves to get an Xbox, especially the casual market! But hey continue to make up this great market out there so opposed to used game sales or waiting for deals that appear in every mall Gamestop/Best Buy or on Amazon at least once a month...in fact those people you speak of tend to go for the cheapest option...

Come on, look at the "hardcore gamer" comment made by Microsoft's own exec in another thread here...who in 2018, that isn't a hardcore gamer, is saying "boy I really wish I had an Xbox right now"...

This is a gaming message board and we are discussing Xbox All Access, which I feel is not that great of a deal. I don't care about anything regarding this, we are having a discussion...and all those other things you listed that consumers are financing are WAY more popular than an Xbox, in many cases, cheaper than this $528, and they certainly aren't paying the MSRP of the manufacturer! Subscription media services are cheaper, don't require a credit check, and don't require what is basically a 2 year commitment for the most expensive versions of their service.

So, you don't know because you know this goes against the core of how consumers shop, and definitely against even the most casual gamer's shopping habits (again, who is desperate for an XB1?)...and it isn't a new endeavor because they did the same thing with the 360 towards the end of its life. This is just to get people to pay full price for something that Xbox fanboys can use to push GamePass as the next best thing.

This is all really about pushing GamePass and XBL onto people for two years with no way out. Why would the non-gamer, or casual gamer, or family buying gifts, or less fortunate (just to shoot down all the weird reasons people have in this thread for supporting this LOL)...why would all those people want to be locked into 2 years of something they might not want or even like?

You are debating this topic in one of the most disingenuous ways Ive seen on this board, I can just imagine you sitting reading this thread with your fingers in your ears shouting nah nah who wants a deal like this nah nah and then writing your reply.

You win, lol.

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly i felt guilty not using my xbox when i had it (2014-2018) because i had so much to play on other platforms that the idea of paying $22 per month, even for the x model, gives me the fear of feeling like I HAVE to use something because i spent $$ on it, not because i want to.

I'm hopeful for a $150 or less deal this year, even if its a used fat model, and even then i would just buy game pass for FH4 and wait for game pass deals (like june's $30 for six months) so i don't have to buy any physical games.

Tho the idea of a next gen variant that plays all xbox one content thats less than $200 but via streaming also makes me think i should just wait, even if that's 2020. If xbox systems going forward are BC, i can always wait a little longer.

Idk, first world problems y'know.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
You are debating this topic in one of the most disingenuous ways Ive seen on this board, I can just imagine you sitting reading this thread with your fingers in your ears and your eyes closed shouting nah nah who wants a deal like this nah nah and then writing your reply.

You win, lol.
At some point one has to realize that when playing poker, the money in the "pot" are no longer yours and you got to cut your losses. :P.

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run…"

What we have here is someone who is clearly "all-in" on an argument even when he is at the river with a pair of jacks and the other party just pulled a full house :).

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I come to this thread, there's another person on a different page who doesn't understand why financing a console can be advantageous for some. Sheesh.

I mean if you're not from the US that's one thing to not understand.

Trup1aya

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not saying we can't discuss. I'm questioning why you are personally concerned with how others choose to spend their money. The idea that there isn't a market for financing is ludicrous one you realize that people purchase these types of things on their credit cards all the time.

Subscription services are cheaper... so what? New Movies and music are cheaper than video games. The cost of the services reflect the cost of content being consumed.

Subscription services don't require a credit check...ummm... Unless these Subscription services are also subsidizing the cost of expensive hardware....

Other examples are more popular that Xbox... so what? There IS a market for Xbox, and MS experimenting with a new model within the market. What does popularity have to do with anything.

This is just to push gamepass and Xbox live... so what? Why shouldn't a company push a product that they are selling. What are you even arguing about?

This is just to get fanboys to push Gamepass? The good ole deep state conspiracy! I think we've located the fanboy!

Why would people want to be locked into something for 2 years that they might not like? Perhaps they've done their research and they suspect that they will like it? People "lock" themselves into short term agreements all the time. Cellphone subscriptions, Cable Subscription, car purchases, home purchases etc. the real question is again, why do you feel personally invested in what other people choose to finance? What you personally value isn't going to be the same as what someone else values. So without context on an individuals financial situation, you have nothing to base your judgement of the transaction on.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
You are debating this topic in one of the most disingenuous ways Ive seen on this board, I can just imagine you sitting reading this thread with your fingers in your ears shouting nah nah who wants a deal like this nah nah and then writing your reply.

You win, lol.

At some point one has to realize that when playing poker, the money in the "pot" are no longer yours and you got to cut your losses. :P.

"You've got to know when to hold 'em
Know when to fold 'em
Know when to walk away
And know when to run…"

What we have here is someone who is clearly "all-in" on an argument even when he is at the river with a pair of jacks and the other party just pulled a full house :).

So you don't know anyone that actually would do this, or any gamers of any kind that are so desperate in 2018 to want this. Two people...eight pages so far. Come on man no one is that desperate for an Xbox. Are people also paying full retail price for the iPhone or Samsung that came out 5 years ago, but bundle with Verizon/Sprint/AT&T/T-Mobile most expensive data plan and 2 years of 4K Netflix subscriptions?

Yeah I didn't think so.

talkTOmyHAND

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
you fail to recognize that not everyone is on twitter or facebook. you fail to recognize that not everyone searches on google or relies on your methods of research. Everyone does not live like you or how you think they live.

You should now that 5 year old kid already know hot to use mobile phones. Bunch of school kids today already have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram accounts. I didn't failed.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
So you don't know anyone that actually would do this, or any gamers of any kind that are so desperate in 2018 to want this. Two people...eight pages so far. Come on man no one is that desperate for an Xbox. Are people also paying full retail price for the iPhone or Samsung that came out 5 years ago, but bundle with Verizon/Sprint/AT&T/T-Mobile most expensive data plan and 2 years of 4K Netflix subscriptions?

Yeah I didn't think so.
Yeap, all in I see.

People "today" are certainly going in and getting new phones for pretty much full retail on those plans like iPhone 8/X or Galaxy 9. That's 5 years in console years from their release.

Personally I know one coworker who is waiting till 11th for the NBA bundle and a friend who is picking up the console this weekend.

If anything the limitation of having this deal at the MS Store is an issue as those aren't everywhere. It also sets up nicely next gen release for MS where they can do another $499 console but sell it as $35/month with subscription revenue.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I didn't think so.
I don't know about the One S, but the One X just came out less than a year ago.

Deleted member 18951

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I didn't think so.

We are not the demogrpahic for this offer. We are not the demogrpahic for this offer. We are not the demogrpahic for this offer.

You are asking me to prediuct the future and I dont know what the future holds, all I do know is this offers people an alternative way comapred to the traditional method of buying a console where they maybe wouldnt have otherwise. That is all it is, simple as that.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Yeap, all in I see.

People "today" are certainly going in and getting new phones for pretty much full retail on those plans like iPhone 8/X or Galaxy 9. That's 5 years in console years from their release.

Okay so you are changing the narrative AND the question...are people paying the full manufacturer MSRP for old phones and the most expensive data plan with Netflix's most expensive plan for 2 years? Stop acting like this is just for the Xbox console...people don't want GamePass enough to pay 2 years for it.

There is no demographic for this offer. The demographic for this offer exists in a fantasy land. There is no demographic for this offer. No demographic wants an Xbox like ANY of the things on payment plans and financing listed in this whole thread!

You would have to be the world's dumbest consumer to go for this. Who are these people that want Xbox's at this point? And, who wants 2 years of GamePass?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
I'm not saying we can't discuss. I'm questioning why you are personally concerned with how others choose to spend their money. The idea that there isn't a market for financing is ludicrous one you realize that people purchase these types of things on their credit cards all the time.

Subscription services are cheaper... so what? New Movies and music are cheaper than video games. The cost of the services reflect the cost of content being consumed.

Subscription services don't require a credit check...ummm... Unless these Subscription services are also subsidizing the cost of expensive hardware....

Other examples are more popular that Xbox... so what? There IS a market for Xbox, and MS experimenting with a new model within the market. What does popularity have to do with anything.

This is just to push gamepass and Xbox live... so what? Why shouldn't a company push a product that they are selling. What are you even arguing about?

This is just to get fanboys to push Gamepass? The good ole deep state conspiracy! I think we've located the fanboy!

Why would people want to be locked into something for 2 years that they might not like? Perhaps they've done their research and they suspect that they will like it? People "lock" themselves into short term agreements all the time. Cellphone subscriptions, Cable Subscription, car purchases, home purchases etc. the real question is again, why do you feel personally invested in what other people choose to finance? What you personally value isn't going to be the same as what someone else values. So without context on an individuals financial situation, you have nothing to base your judgement of the transaction on.

I am not personally concerned, are you kidding me? I just listed reasons why almost no one would really be interested in this. Literally everything you listed is more important and in more demand than an Xbox. LOL where is the deep state conspiracy and financial situation stuff you are talking about, I'm just disputing people points...I don't care if people make bad purchasing decisions, but don't ask me to lie and say those decisions aren't bad.

Seems like you can't handle the debate because unlike you I'm not pulling this phantom reality from my back pocket where people of any market or demo would go for this in any real numbers.

But hey come back in a few days and let me know if you find anyone that knows anyone that actually will do this. People aren't buying that many Xbox's when they are on sale...why would they pay full price? Do you look at the NPD charts? Outside of hardcore gamers that post here, there isn't much of a market for the Xbox One, and even less people who want to be locked into 2 years of GamePass.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
So how many people here would be interested in this for the launch of the Xbox Scarlett?

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Every time I come to this thread, there's another person on a different page who doesn't understand why financing a console can be advantageous for some. Sheesh.

I mean if you're not from the US that's one thing to not understand.

Well you are another person that can't realize that no one wants to pay for 2 years of GamePass and XBL...people keep saying "the console"...but the retail cost of an XB1S is $300...who are these people that want to be locked into 2 years of GamePass and XBL? People are creating this "well some people who don't post here and that I don't know because I live on a planet far away from those people but they might be a family member of a casual" market/demographics that doesn't exist.

People aren't that desperate for an Xbox and certainly not for GamePass.

Deleted member 3038

Oct 25, 2017
Okay so you are changing the narrative AND the question...are people paying the full manufacturer MSRP for old phones and the most expensive data plan with Netflix's most expensive plan for 2 years? Stop acting like this is just for the Xbox console...people don't want GamePass enough to pay 2 years for it.

There is no demographic for this offer. The demographic for this offer exists in a fantasy land. There is no demographic for this offer. No demographic wants an Xbox like ANY of the things on payment plans and financing listed in this whole thread!

You would have to be the world's dumbest consumer to go for this. Who are these people that want Xbox's at this point? And, who wants 2 years of GamePass?

I am not personally concerned, are you kidding me? I just listed reasons why almost no one would really be interested in this. Literally everything you listed is more important and in more demand than an Xbox. LOL where is the deep state conspiracy and financial situation stuff you are talking about, I'm just disputing people points...I don't care if people make bad purchasing decisions, but don't ask me to lie and say those decisions aren't bad.

Seems like you can't handle the debate because unlike you I'm not pulling this phantom reality from my back pocket where people of any market or demo would go for this in any real numbers.

But hey come back in a few days and let me know if you find anyone that knows anyone that actually will do this. People aren't buying that many Xbox's when they are on sale...why would they pay full price? Do you look at the NPD charts? Outside of hardcore gamers that post here, there isn't much of a market for the Xbox One, and even less people who want to be locked into 2 years of GamePass.

Well you are another person that can't realize that no one wants to pay for 2 years of GamePass and XBL...people keep saying "the console"...but the retail cost of an XB1S is $300...who are these people that want to be locked into 2 years of GamePass and XBL? People are creating this "well some people who don't post here and that I don't know because I live on a planet far away from those people but they might be a family member of a casual" market/demographics that doesn't exist.

I've never had a Xbox console and for me this is a great offer, I've wanted an X but couldn't justify spending $600 at once to buy it, now with this I can easily pay for it monthly without getting charged in interest, so there is most definitely a market for this.

A friend of mine who's X1X is in his living room and is used constantly, so he's actually going to get a 2nd one with this plan because he already pays for gamepass anyways.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
So how many people here would be interested in this for the launch of the Xbox Scarlett?

Unlikely because I don't like to be in debt except for large purchases (e.g., car, house, etc.), but if it ended up being a savings measured in the hundreds of dollars then I'd consider it.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I've never had a Xbox console and for me this is a great offer, I've wanted an X but couldn't justify spending $600 at once to buy it, now with this I can easily pay for it monthly without getting charged in interest, so there is most definitely a market for this.

A friend of mine who's X1X is in his living room and is used constantly, so he's actually going to get a 2nd one with this plan because he already pays for gamepass anyways.

Additionally, once you feel ready, you can just pay off the remaining balance once you get it down a bit.

Unlikely because I don't like to be in debt except for large purchases (e.g., car, house, etc.), but if it ended up being a savings measured in the hundreds of dollars then I'd consider it.

Makes sense. I'm looking at if they bring it out I would be able to get the Scarlett, Game Pass, Live and a few 3rd party launch titles for ~$150-$200 to get a full blown experience without breaking the bank all on one day. Pay it off quicker than the 2 year period from there and be set.

Last edited:

Dokkaebi G0SU

Nov 2, 2017
they're getting really angry in the notion that someone might want to finance a gaming service lol

*sips lemonade/tea

hyuckwut

Oct 27, 2017
Bummer that this is instore only, or honestly I'd probably buy into this. That's a great deal. The closest microsoft store is 3 hours away from me :\

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
This thread took a turn for the worse and I didn't think that was even possible after some of the earlier posts. This is a gaming forum, this deal isn't specifically aimed at us and yet there are lots of people in this very thread who say they would or will snap this up. Yet no one is interested in this deal x 3.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017

Cool...let us know if you or your friend go through with it! This is good for someone that wants an X1X who intends to pay for GamePass indefinitely.

Sydle

Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. I'm looking at if they bring it out I would be able to get the Scarlett, Game Pass, Live and a few 3rd party launch titles for ~$150-$200 to get a full blown experience without breaking the bank all on one day. Pay it off quicker than the 2 year period from there and be set.

If you get a lot of value on day one and it's essentially borrowing cash with a 0% APR, provided you pay it off on time, then it makes a lot of sense.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, but options are options.

Status
Not open for further replies.