• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 28, 2017
Hope y'all are excited for more Devil May Cry 5 footage!

2AreG4v.gif
giphy.gif

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix

Daylight savings time is killing me. Forgot it'd be starting at 2pm Arizona Time...

Banjo not in Smash? Why didn't they just say so instead of keeping hope alive. No new Banjo game? Why don't communicate with fans about the fate of the IP.

It feels like they just want us to forget that Banjo exists, even if the latest promotion meterial still shows Banjo hidden away in a corner just because they can't get rid of him.

You have the right to be frustrated, but I think it's a bit unfair to expect that level of communication when it doesn't seem any other publisher with a storehouse of unused IP is actively communicating the same thing.

As for Smash, there's no guarantee he's not coming. There's still 5 unannounced characters coming with DLC, and these were all requested to be in the game by Nintendo. If the N64 Classic is real and coming, I could easily see a cross-promotional deal that allows Banjo on their collectible and puts him into Smash as a DLC fighter.

NimbusCub

Oct 28, 2017
Phoenix
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, been at work:
Zhuge said in MS Studios first party thread not to expect acquisitions like Obsidian a few days ago and not to expect any big surprises.

He posted there recently (like in past hour): "Ok never mind that post I made a few days ago. Microsoft pulled through. Hype back on."

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Rychu

Oct 25, 2017
Utah, USA
Is this a conference like E3? Sorry I have no idea what to expect
No. It's a 2 hour long Inside Xbox but it will be different because instead of 15 minute long interviews with no substance it's going to be filled with news on first party and third party games. Most games they've ever shown on an Inside Xbox in IX history (since March) so it should be a good show.

Also we could get a first party studio acquisition or a first party game reveal (or both but let's not be greedy).

Matt Booty (the head of MS Studios) said last night that he is going to share some exciting news on first party on stage. Phil Spencer will also be making some announcements.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No. It's a 2 hour long Inside Xbox but it will be different because instead of 15 minute long interviews with no substance it's going to be filled with news on first party and third party games. Most games they've ever shown on an Inside Xbox in IX history (since March) so it should be a good show.

Also we could get a first party studio acquisition or a first party game reveal (or both but let's not be greedy).

Matt Booty (the head of MS Studios) said last night that he is going to share some exciting news on first party on stage. Phil Spencer will also be making some announcements.
K thx
Phil will be break dancing on stage
what I was hoping for!

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Ya I know that. But I mean like the same format? Is Phil gonna be on stage or whatever?
It will probably be the same format as other inside xbox shows. More casual. Interviews and such. But Phil Spencer will be on and he rarely goes public these days unless he has something to say.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
huh this is another song

they're using the entire album today!!!

Jan 4, 2018
I think Banjo and Kazooie might die in a few hours, if nothing happens now I'm losing hope.

I feel angry though,m and I want to know if it's justified. As a real Banjo fan it feels to me that Microsoft/Rare is basically keeping the IP hostage. And they have every right to do so but why do they not communicate about anything? I mean, I'm not in a position to make any demands whatsoever but asking for just some communication is not THAT big of a question right?

Banjo not in Smash? Why didn't they just say so instead of keeping hope alive. No new Banjo game? Why don't communicate with fans about the fate of the IP.

It feels like they just want us to forget that Banjo exists, even if the latest promotion meterial still shows Banjo hidden away in a corner just because they can't get rid of him.

Is my dissapointment justified or am I being a rabid fanboy?

Remember these Banjo teases before E3 2017 ?

Then NOTHING. I just don't understand.