• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Well
z40unxkxi6l51.jpg
Kevin Feige is overseeing the comics now, right? It would be wild if this eventually ended up in the MCU.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Kevin Feige is overseeing the comics now, right? It would be wild if this eventually ended up in the MCU.
They got Jonathan Hickman to revamp the X-Men line for a reason. Even if they don't go with the whole "all mutants living on a sentient island that is also a mutant with the goal of terraforming Mars after the Avengers stopped some cosmic alien from terraforming Mars and growing superhumans on it" plot point, the the style and tone will definitely be how the X-Men are portrayed in the movies.

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
love these outfits. they're exactly how a bunch of mutants at met gala in the marvel universe would look

Oct 27, 2017
Is there an incredibly long and obtuse in-universe explanation for who expertly designing and producing the XMen's outfits.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
They got Jonathan Hickman to revamp the X-Men line for a reason. Even if they don't go with the whole "all mutants living on a sentient island that is also a mutant with the goal of terraforming Mars after the Avengers stopped some cosmic alien from terraforming Mars and growing superhumans on it" plot point, the the style and tone will definitely be how the X-Men are portrayed in the movies.
I'm so down for this. This is most I've been interested in the X-Men in an extremely long time.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there an incredibly long and obtuse in-universe explanation for who expertly designing and producing the XMen's outfits.

I forget their name but in one of the x-books I saw recently there was very specifically a fashion-expert mutant. Possibly this person:

marvel.fandom.com

Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616)

27 appearance(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 1 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 2 minor appearance(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 31 mention(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 3 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 15 image(s) of Jumbo...

But also the whole point of the current x-men status quo is "what if mutants were strong enough, safe enough and united enough for mutant culture to flourish", and now that they have krakoa & the resurrection protocols they can spend time on things like fashion instead of 90% of their time in the danger room preparing for human supremacists who want to kill them

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
I forget their name but in one of the x-books I saw recently there was very specifically a fashion-expert mutant. Possibly this person:

marvel.fandom.com

Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616)

27 appearance(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 1 appearance(s) in handbook(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 2 minor appearance(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 31 mention(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 3 mention(s) in handbook(s) of Jumbo Carnation (Earth-616) 15 image(s) of Jumbo...

But also the whole point of the current x-men status quo is "what if mutants were strong enough, safe enough and united enough for mutant culture to flourish", and now that they have krakoa & the resurrection protocols they can spend time on things like fashion instead of 90% of their time in the danger room preparing for human supremacists who want to kill them
It was inevitable that Emma would be the one to snatch up Jumbo, but he really needs some competition. No offense to Emma's tastes or Jumbo's skills, but mutant kind could do with some designers without a background in high fashion too.

OmniGamer

Oct 27, 2017
If Jean doesn't telekinetically conjure up a surprise wardrobe change mid-stride then that is a missed opportunity

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, she should keep her current getup so we can move past the era of high heels/wedges in combat.

In most cases I'd agree, but I give a pass to characters who are going to spend the whole fight flying/levitating anyway.

Also, Jean's Marvel Girl getup is my least favorite costume for her. It has no value outside nostalgia.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
4 red issues in one month? My goodness.

Emma looks best, of course. Scott looks like a total dweeb.

soulmatic

Oct 27, 2017
Dat 616.

They're revealing that the X-Men are moving to Mars for damn sure.

Planet Size X-Men - 4 Red Issues = Mars Mutant takeover.

I'm 100% with this. More importantly wondering how the mutants of Arakko will respond and react. Isca was already like:
tenor.gif

towards Magneto & Xavier earlier this year. Mars is a step up.

Zen

"This guy are sick" says The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Emma is such a great example of how a sexual character can work

Compare her to Power Girl's boob window

Emma Frost fucking rules
This is my first time seeing her and her third outfit has taken me aback. Even more surprised to see it celebrated, but I'm ignorant of context having not read the X-men comics.