• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
~ GoldenEye the game is better than GoldenEye the movie

~ Street Fighter II is the best Fighter's History type game

~ Streets of Rage: Remake is the best Streets of Rage game

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Persona 5 is actually the best Pokémon game
Stardew Valley is actually the best Persona game
Rocket League is actually the best soccer game
Forza Horizon is actually the best open world series

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
Titanfall 2 is the best modern COD game. They also both use id Tech derived game engines too.

Darksiders 1 is probably the best 3D Zelda game.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider is the best Uncharted game

Oct 25, 2017
Alundra 1 is the best 2d zelda (no 2d zelda does anything better than Alundra 1. Music is debateable, maybe but even then its not like its not close)

Jane

Oct 17, 2018
I've joked before that Cave Story is actually the best Mega Man game, although really the comparison is more as a game overall rather than the pure shooting gameplay being superior.

Vommy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
The love for Xenoblade X is real in here. I just started the game and it seems pretty slow. Xenoblade Chronicles combat felt faster at the start. Guess it gets better later.

Griffith

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I am ashamed to admit I spent a couple of minutes reading the thread title and trying to remember if there was a Y game.

"Is there some obscure space sim I don't know about?"

(For those not understanding my caffeine-deprived moment of stupidity, there's a series of video-games called X and I've played a couple of the entries)

Kapryov

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Ys isn't up to X yet, IX only just released a short while ago, but I'll assume the thread is prophetic and X will be the best one yet.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Crackdown 2 (with keys to the city) is the best Iron Man game.

I forgot about Anthem. But I never played it so 🤷‍♂️

Blergmeister

Oct 27, 2017
The love for Xenoblade X is real in here. I just started the game and it seems pretty slow. Xenoblade Chronicles combat felt faster at the start. Guess it gets better later.
X is great at different things than XC1 and XC2. They are a great roller coaster adventure. What X does great, and is easy to get lost in is worldbuilding and exploration. It's a take time to smell the roses style game. I repeat - if you're playing for minute to minute story beats then stop because you'll be disappointed. If you're playing to see what's behind that hill, if you can get around those high level mobs, or if you want to see how New LA adjusts to those funky aliens, then keep going!

Sep 23, 2018
Final Fantasy XV and Kingsglaive as a prologue are the best possible result given the circumstances of their development and existence.

Ostron

Mar 23, 2019
Xenogears is the best Evangelion game.

Dirty Bomb is the best Team Fortress.

FFVIII is the best Romeo + Juliet game.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
NiOh is the best Souls game
Hitman is the best James Bond game
Crusader Kings II is the best Game of Thrones game