Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
It'd be nice if they use the season premiere thing to change the Raw logo and graphics a bit - we've had the same logo for a few years now and I still can't get past the W in Raw being an upside down M from the font.

Tessitore yeets!

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
It'd be nice if they use the season premiere thing to change the Raw logo and graphics a bit - we've had the same logo for a few years now and I still can't get past the W in Raw being an upside down M from the font.

Tessitore yeets!
How do they decide what a "season" is? If anything, I would think the Netflix move would be the start of a new "season." Also after the four major PLEs.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
How do they decide what a "season" is? If anything, I would think the Netflix move would be the start of a new "season." Also after the four major PLEs.
I think it's usually timed by when the US TV networks launch their new suite of shows for the season, but since WWE doesn't really do seasons it's just one big thing for them. It'd probably make more sense for them to launch their "season" in January, but I think most networks do their show launches in September - obviously CW is launching NXT on October 1st which is when I think they usually launch their shows these days, since I know Superman and Lois' final season is launching around then and probably won't come to the UK for like a year... sigh.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
lol at that boot

Can't wait for Ilja and Bron to pull the "I beat you before so I need a title shot" card against Gunther, too.
It will literally come up in the story. It's how you sell them as threats. He's not squarely getting the title shot because of it, you asked why? Sami is a credible threat.

Again, why is this a bad thing? Two people that always cook are gonna cook again.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for whoever exchanges chops with Gunther, but for my money his two best matches this year have been with Sami and Priest. Looking forward to both of those runbacks.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
How long are they going to drag this out? JD keeps getting egg in their face.
Still expecting Liv to turn on Dom for Finn and Dom come crawling back to Rhea.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
How long are they going to drag this out? JD keeps getting egg in their face.
Still expecting Liv to turn on Dom for Finn and Dom come crawling back to Rhea.
Probably until Bad Blood or War Games (in the case of Rhea/Liv). It doesn't help that new JD is full of complete jobbers. Liv can't win a match clean, Finn is a borderline geek, and then JD and Carlito are actual geeks. Dom is also a massive loser. And they always have been, even with Rhea and Priest in the group.

DiegoPaulino

Aug 24, 2023
It will literally come up in the story. It's how you sell them as threats. He's not squarely getting the title shot because of it, you asked why? Sami is a credible threat.

Again, why is this a bad thing? Two people that always cook are gonna cook again.

Or maybe I'm just a sucker for whoever exchanges chops with Gunther, but for my money his two best matches this year have been with Sami and Priest. Looking forward to both of those runbacks.

My problem was how they made It, It felt undeserving. Sami loses pretty decisively a feud, takes a vacation and comes back to the WHC scene with the mania build? For me It felt forced, they could've made a over the rope XX Man Battle Royale, something that's common on NXT to build a New contender fast, and made Sami Win It, for me It sould be better than what they did.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
My problem was how they made It, It felt undeserving. Sami loses pretty decisively a feud, takes a vacation and comes back to the WHC scene with the mania build? For me It felt forced, they could've made a over the rope XX Man Battle Royale, something that's common on NXT to build a New contender fast, and made Sami Win It, for me It sould be better than what they did.
But this is clean beard fresh off the stem cells Sami. "The real is back, the ville is back. Flow bananas, here, peel this back."

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
It looks like Kairi was aiming where Bianca was standing before, for whatever dumb reason she got pulled out of position. Jesus Christ at her eye...
Yeah. It seems like Isla was at fault here, as she pulled Bianca out of the way, which caused Kairi to crash into the table. I have a feeling Isla is eating the pin next week, and then her and Alba are probably on their way to the doghouse. Especially if this injury is that severe.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Sean Ross Sapp on the Fightful Raw Post-Show talking about the Odyssey Jones situation, says he was texted yesterday from a "trusted source" to ask about a "shift or change" with Jones so he asked WWE in an official capacity but they issued no comment. Apparently Jones has spent the day "chilling on Xbox" and not spoken to anyone, but SRS hasn't got any firm answers from anyone to what Jones' status is as yet.

Derbel McDillet

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 23, 2022
I forgot Drew tweeted live while he was champion. That was certainly a moment that got extremely weird once he started crawling on the announce table.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
Tessitore seems alright for his first night. Just need to tell him to bring it down a notch when he's calling things that aren't that crazy like someone just hit a grand slam.

As for the rest of RAW - please make better use of the women, for the love of god. What is with these 5-minute-and-under heatless nothing matches they just throw out there to die, featuring at least a few women who I know for a fact can put on a damn good match. Like if you're not going to give them an interesting storyline, just let Iyo go out there with someone and have a great match rather than some clusterfuck, featuring teams like the "Pure Fusion Collective".

RAW is three bloody hours long. Surely we can find the time.

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. It seems like Isla was at fault here, as she pulled Bianca out of the way, which caused Kairi to crash into the table. I have a feeling Isla is eating the pin next week, and then her and Alba are probably on their way to the doghouse. Especially if this injury is that severe.

The kayfabe spot was Kairi trying to hit Isla from the top rope and Isla pulls Bianca to get hit instead. It requires precise timing between all three and just didn't work out. From the replay it seems Kairi aimed for where Bianca was, and not where Isla was, so when Isla pulls Bianca, Bianca's out of position.

Definitely need to find a safer where for someone to "accidentally" get hit than off the top rope. Like a jump from the apron would have been safer and affected the match and story all the same

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Rhea coming in weak again to a PPV only to beat the odds.

Joe just sounded....so corporate or vanilla. he's fine just need more personality

Poor Kairi 😢

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
watching various clips, Joe sounds completely fine, y'all a bunch of haters.

PPV (or PLE whatever shut up!) schedule for the rest of the year seems weird.

Nothing in September (I mean I guess you can count No Mercy since it was on the 1st). Then October has Bad Blood early in the month, NXT Halloween Havoc late in the month. Then November is stupid Saudi early in the month, Survivor Series late in the month.

And... that's it until the Rumble right?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Where the hell is Cena

its not 2025 yet!

View: https://x.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1830834452978700596

edit: I keep forgeting DiegoPaulino is banned from Elon's trash here you go

UZUeWXV.jpeg

Last edited:

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017

Nothing in September (I mean I guess you can count No Mercy since it was on the 1st). Then October has Bad Blood early in the month, NXT Halloween Havoc late in the month. Then November is stupid Saudi early in the month, Survivor Series late in the month.

I thought Tessitore was pretty decent actually for a first night.

On the PLE, I'll quote myself from earlier in the thread...

Yeah, NXT should have Deadline maybe on either the December 2nd/3rd or 9th/10th weekends.

That's the PLE they do the Iron Survivor matches where the winners get championship matches on the NXT New Year's Evil themed TV in January.

Worthintendo

Oct 25, 2017

yeah like it's his first night, he did fine, def a step up from other new play by play guys they have tried over the years that didn't stop by NXT

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I guess we don't know if Giulia is all moved to the states or if the No Mercy debut was just a "let me fly there real quick to do this" thing and now she will disappear again for a bit while she proper moves.

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
I guess we don't know if Giulia is all moved to the states or if the No Mercy debut was just a "let me fly there real quick to do this" thing and now she will disappear again for a bit while she proper moves.
She has likely already moved. They are sorta advertising her for NXT tonight, and also Mai Sakurai mentioned that she left Japan.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Thought the new commentator was good. Fit right in. If I didn't know he was new I wouldn't have noticed.

RepairmanJack

Oct 27, 2017
Kairi's Eye, fuck.
I'm glad they mentioned the whole men's tag team not defending their title, cause it seemed weird that the Women's tag team needing a #1 contender immediately especially when one of the contenders is the match we just had.
That Zelina moment was so sweet.
One off Yeet off? Or will there be more with Jey and the Terror Twins?

Raw has been consistently great.

misery mired

Apr 2, 2022
just come post here with us during comercials >_>
i ended up not taking to the program very well!

i watched all of the first match—the university boys vs some long-haired dude and a luchador—and i was impressed by a lot of the wrestling. it was rougher around the edges but there was a ton of intensity which gave it a visceral feel different from the big league wwe shows. but from the second match onward (wes lee vs something or other wentz) i quickly lost interest, mainly due to the characters. the video packages didn't do much to make me care about the fueds

i was still interested in seeing perez and hendry, as those are the only two nxt wrestlers i've heard of thanks to their online buzz. and going into roxanne's match, i had a very high opinion of her based on the few things i'd read/heard about—i was under the impression she was some sort of future hall of famer who's starting a meteoric rise in nxt before her career launches into the big leages

but then her video package started and her mic skills immediately turned me off. she didn't strike me as badass or a force to be reckoned with—an opinion immediately reinforced by the announcer at the start of her match when he said something about how people online think she overrated and not worthy of being women's champion before booker replied with some dumbass thing about how he can understand thinking that if you see her from far away (i.e. watching on television like 99% of the viewers), but up close and personal she's totally great, trust me bro! that's when i realize i'd been had and that, at least in my (admittedly hastily-formed) judgment, she probably wasn't on track to amount to anything more exciting than a lyra valkyria. her wrestling didn't blow me away by any stretch either. it was good, but nothing that stood out compared to anyone else i had seen. though i guess whoever that chick is who showed up at the end is also supposed to be a big deal, so maybe that's the one i want to keep an eye on

the bits of joe hendry's stuff i saw confirmed my suspicion that i've already categorized him as a meme wrestler who i can't take that seriously. it's awesome that he's been smart enough to pull off marketing his character into viral glory, so i definitely don't fault him for my crotchety-old-man take, but i think his whole schtick with the catchphrase and the song and the clap and the hand waving is all extremely lame and eye-roll worthy. also the rythym with which the guest ref counted distracted me with how off it felt, even though i'm sure it was an intentional part of his character or the match flow or whatever

i'm well-aware that my snap judgments aren't all that meanigful since i'm analyzing all this stuff without any of the context of what's shown within nxt itself, and my opinion has swung wildly with main roster stars from when i first started watching vs. now (for example, tiffy time was much higher on my list early on while drew was much lower). so maybe i'd end up loving hendry or perez or even wes lee if i kept watching week after week, but alas, the show didn't do enough to make me want to watch again anytime soon. though i will admit they've already interested me in the october show simply by virtue of its name; i didn't watch wcw all that much growing up, but i remember loving the halloween havoc stage in wcw vs nwo revenge. though the fact that this program was called 'no mercy' is also what originally caught my interest, again because of my nostalgia for the n64-era of wrestling games. so if i have nothing else going on that weekend i can see myself scrubbing through the event the next day to see if anything catches my interest

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
i ended up not taking to the program very well!

i watched all of the first match—the university boys vs some long-haired dude and a luchador—and i was impressed by a lot of the wrestling. it was rougher around the edges but there was a ton of intensity which gave it a visceral feel different from the big league wwe shows. but from the second match onward (wes lee vs something or other wentz) i quickly lost interest, mainly due to the characters. the video packages didn't do much to make me care about the fueds

i was still interested in seeing perez and hendry, as those are the only two nxt wrestlers i've heard of thanks to their online buzz. and going into roxanne's match, i had a very high opinion of her based on the few things i'd read/heard about—i was under the impression she was some sort of future hall of famer who's starting a meteoric rise in nxt before her career launches into the big leages

but then her video package started and her mic skills immediately turned me off. she didn't strike me as badass or a force to be reckoned with—an opinion immediately reinforced by the announcer at the start of her match when he said something about how people online think she overrated and not worthy of being women's champion before booker replied with some dumbass thing about how he can understand thinking that if you see her from far away (i.e. watching on television like 99% of the viewers), but up close and personal she's totally great, trust me bro! that's when i realize i'd been had and that, at least in my (admittedly hastily-formed) judgment, she probably wasn't on track to amount to anything more exciting than a lyra valkyria. her wrestling didn't blow me away by any stretch either. it was good, but nothing that stood out compared to anyone else i had seen. though i guess whoever that chick is who showed up at the end is also supposed to be a big deal, so maybe that's the one i want to keep an eye on

the bits of joe hendry's stuff i saw confirmed my suspicion that i've already categorized him as a meme wrestler who i can't take that seriously. it's awesome that he's been smart enough to pull off marketing his character into viral glory, so i definitely don't fault him for my crotchety-old-man take, but i think his whole schtick with the catchphrase and the song and the clap and the hand waving is all extremely lame and eye-roll worthy. also the rythym with which the guest ref counted distracted me with how off it felt, even though i'm sure it was an intentional part of his character or the match flow or whatever

i'm well-aware that my snap judgments aren't all that meanigful since i'm analyzing all this stuff without any of the context of what's shown within nxt itself, and my opinion has swung wildly with main roster stars from when i first started watching vs. now (for example, tiffy time was much higher on my list early on while drew was much lower). so maybe i'd end up loving hendry or perez or even wes lee if i kept watching week after week, but alas, the show didn't do enough to make me want to watch again anytime soon. though i will admit they've already interested me in the october show simply by virtue of its name; i didn't watch wcw all that much growing up, but i remember loving the halloween havoc stage in wcw vs nwo revenge. though the fact that this program was called 'no mercy' is also what originally caught my interest, again because of my nostalgia for the n64-era of wrestling games. so if i have nothing else going on that weekend i can see myself scrubbing through the event the next day to see if anything catches my interest
Shame you didn't seem to enjoy NXT No Mercy - it was a really good show all round, and NXT generally is a consistent show - but tuning into a show based on the idea of nostalgia for an old N64-era wrestling game probably isn't the best idea (tho last year's NXT No Mercy PLE had the quite cool N64 game inspired cold open intro video.) Would suggest giving NXT weekly TV a couple of weeks of your time to see if you find some interest in it - especially with the CW launch in a few weeks, they'll be building some angles for that along with the next PLE Halloween Havoc from tonight, plus there's some good talent there just now, and the occasional main roster appearance also.

And yes, Giulia is a big deal.

Last edited:

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
Overall those who are familiar with Giulia's work (I am not ashamed to say I'm not), do you feel the Roxanne match is a good fit for both women?