• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I would be living my best life as a wrestling fan if AEW ended up getting better ratings or atleast comparable to RAW or SD the week it debuted while WWE's ratings continue to slide.

It'll never happen but god would I fucking love to see that happen to Vince. That and the XFL going up in flames again.

I dunno. I think it can get close to SmackDown pretty quickly at least. I hope so, anyway.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Station change
Day change to a far less friendly/convenient night for the average person
Maintained consistency post-move (in a positive way that's never worked out for every previous new SD home network)

There's a lot that has to go perfectly right, and right now for a company where Everything is going wrong and staying wrong, I don't see how you can be optimistic in that of all things

Aren't they also going back to a pre-taped format? Because that's gonna really hurt them too.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I doubt this. I'd be surprised if the first show got more than 1.5 million viewers. TNT's numbers aren't that strong to begin with.
TBH anything over 500K is a win, hitting 1M+ would be a big success, going well beyond that would be absolutely huge. If they can even come close to Smackdown in total viewership and sustain it would be absolutely massive for a new promotion and considering how much younger AEW has skewed so far, their 18-49 would be higher as WWE's median viewership age has moved out of it.

I guess it's time for Fox to have another "what the fuck is up with these shit ratings" meeting with Vince.

My prediction is that Brock pulls a swerve and cashes in on Kofi, and is champ when Smackdown on FS1 starts.
Smackdown is going to be on broadcast Fox not FS1, there's a lot more pressure being on proper Fox for them to deliver ratings which is why they have a 3.3M+ expectation for Smackdown. It'll get a bump for being on a broadcast network but probably not a 1.5M boost.

But yeah, I fully expect Brock to cash in on Kofi at some point.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been so focused on AEW vs RAW that i completely forgot SmackDown exists. I do think those of you saying it'll beat RAW in the ratings are smoking crack, but SmackDown? AEW reaching SmackDown's ratings is very likely.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting somewhere between 0.5-1.0.

Want them to hit it out of the park but expecting them to start humble and gain momentum from there.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
TNA Impact was getting 200,00-250,000 in its first year or so.

And it got 350,000 earlier in the year with Twitch viewers. (Not the same)

AEW should do considerably better than that.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
When you look at YouTube numbers, WWE vids have a way higher count than most AEW and/or Being the Elite vids...minus the Double or Nothing backstage vid, which is easily headed for a million views.

We'll see. I think the next three AEW shows are super important for building momentum and keeping the word of mouth going until the fall.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand. Why aren't #1 contenders Baron Corbin and Dolph Ziggler and the WILD CARD gimmick bringing ratings to Attitude Era heights?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I hope Rolph Jiggler reclaims his spot as the top guy. Bolph Miggler was always one of the most talented wrestlers the WWE has ever had. Only a matter of time till people recognize Polph Tiggler as the star attraction.

Oct 25, 2017
When you look at YouTube numbers, WWE vids have a way higher count than most AEW and/or Being the Elite vids...minus the Double or Nothing backstage vid, which is easily headed for a million views.

We'll see. I think the next three AEW shows are super important for building momentum and keeping the word of mouth going until the fall.

Video platform numbers mean absolutely nothing in measuring popularity. They're so ambiguous in how they're measured.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Video platform numbers mean absolutely nothing in measuring popularity. They're so ambiguous in how they're measured.

I don't think they mean much in terms of random people who are going to be channel surfing and who come across TNT in the fall, but I think it does give you an idea of buzz and what people who are already into wrestling want more of. We'll see.

I'm now really tempering my expectations and will also be happy with viewers anywhere in the 500,000 to 1 million mark for the first show. But hoping for 1.5 million!

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think they mean much in terms of random people who are going to be channel surfing and who come across TNT in the fall, but I think it does give you an idea of buzz and what people who are already into wrestling want more of. We'll see. I'm now really tempering my expectations and will also be happy with viewers anywhere in the 500,000 to 1 million mark for the first show.

The point I'm making is we have no idea what constitutes a view and how that view is started.

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
4,500 in paid attendance for last night's Stomping Grounds PPV. They curtained off/tarped over a large portion of the Tacoma Dome.

Probably the lowest paid attendance for a WWE PPV in ages

83l76NG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.