• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DinkyDev

Feb 5, 2021
WSJ (pay-walled):
The longtime chief of World Wrestling Entertainment Inc. secured nondisclosure agreements to keep secret allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity
www.wsj.com

WSJ News Exclusive | WWE’s Vince McMahon Agreed to Pay $12 Million in Hush Money to Four Women

The longtime chief of World Wrestling Entertainment secured nondisclosure agreements over the past 16 years to keep secret allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity.

Yahoo summary:
Vince McMahon, the longtime CEO of WWE who stepped down in June, paid four women at least $12 million total over the past 16 years to hide numerous allegations of sexual misconduct, according to a report by the Wall Street Journal.

McMahon was also being investigated by the WWE's board after was discovered in April he paid $3 million to cover up an affair with a former employee. This new report indicates McMahon covered up more.
So far, here are the four settlements McMahon reportedly paid out, per the Journal:
  • A $7.5 million payment in 2018 to a former wrestler who alleged McMahon "coerced her into giving him oral sex and then demoted her and, ultimately, declined to renew her contract in 2005 after she resisted further sexual encounters."
  • A roughly $1 million payment in 2008 to a WWE contractor who "presented the company with unsolicited nude photos of Mr. McMahon she reported receiving from him and alleged that he had sexually harassed her on the job."
  • A $1 million payment in 2006 to a former 10-year WWE manager who alleged McMahon "initiated a sexual relationship with her."
  • The $3 million payment in 2022 to the former paralegal who allegedly had an affair with McMahon. The board concluded the relationship between McMahon and this woman was consensual.
The board is also investigating a $1.5 million nondisclosure agreement from 2012 between the same former paralegal and WWE executive John Laurinaitis.
au.sports.yahoo.com

Report: Former WWE CEO Vince McMahon paid more than $12 million to 4 women to suppress sexual misconduct allegations

Vince McMahon, who stepped down as WWE's CEO in June, reportedly paid those settlements to four women over a 16-year period.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
He's human trash, the least shocking thing on the planet.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost surprised it's taken this long since #MeToo for some serious shit to hit Vince

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
I wish they didn't put that much detail about the 2005 cut wrestler. Its going to take 5 minutes to figure out who it is.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
This man Vince just, yeah, keep the bad press rolling. We wanna see this shit lol.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna come out again tonight and get the crowd bowing for him again, isn't he?

Allegedly, he screamed "FUCK EM" in reference to the original story that came out after he did the PR stunt on live TV.

Onyxxx

Jun 21, 2022
LOL, it's nice when those who sit at the top - looking down and judging - are shown to be hypocrites, frauds, or liars.
I am still waiting for Stephanie and HHH's to be introduced to Ms. Karma.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
I kind of wish the Wall Street Journal hadn't posted any dates because a lot of people are going to figure out what people they're talking about and start harassment campaigns.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
The least surprising news development ever, sadly. He's cut from the same cloth as Trump.

And, just like him, there'll be scores of sycophants in the audience that'll chant "thank you Vince!" and make bowing gestures when he next appears live on the WWE TV shows.

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018
Vince is going to come out again tonight to giant cheers, bows and a spike in ratings because WWE stans are basically just Trump cultists at this point.

Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
Tune in to our Premium Live Event SUMMERSLAM on July 30 on PEACOCK!!!

Add this to contributing to Ashley Massaro's suicide and forging on with the on air live sex celebration over the objections of both Lita and Edge. And everything else.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
What a POS. Amazing how small many's reactions to this is considering the #SpeakingOut movement in wrestling early in the pandemic.

And the E stans won't care.

100 percent he comes out next week for pops right?
Yup. A lot of the stuff many small time talent got cancelled and even fired for is peanuts compared to this. Where's the calls to cancel Vince? Where's the calls to boycott WWE? Even the size of this thread is tiny compared to the #SpeakingOut thread. Amazing how quickly shit has changed.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
Tune in to our Premium Live Event SUMMERSLAM on July 30 on PEACOCK!!!

Add this to contributing to Ashley Massaro's suicide and forging on with the on air live sex celebration over the objections of both Lita and Edge. And everything else.

Sadly, Ashley was not the first and probably not the last that WWE/Vince covered up. I hope men and women come forward in the upcoming days. His crimes range the whole gambit from racism to helping murders get away with murder.

I bet if Vince/WWE got a call from Benoit they would have helped with an alibi, bribes, and helped him get away with murder.

SigSig

Oct 26, 2017
and yet people on here will continue to give him their money and post about his company daily

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
What a POS. Amazing how small many's reactions to this is considering the #SpeakingOut movement in wrestling early in the pandemic.
Vince has the benefit of the general public not giving a shit about WWE/wrestling while at the same time having a loyal fan base who will not only look the other way, but literally bow down in his presence while being fed decades of a garbage product.

Do not support WWE.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
He's a scumbag, the crazy part is how this only a thing in 2022. Glad I stopped watching after Punk left, never regretted it once.
I wish Cena would quit being associated with them and just focus on his acting.

Shame of the journo for placing those dates though, that 2005 employee takes about 10 seconds to figure out for any fan of that period.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, 7.5 mil is pretty insane. I'm pretty sure I know who it is too....I think. I'm glad she got paid but that makes me feel like it was worse than previously hinted :S

Vince man.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And just as I thought, there were still people on this board who watched Smackdown despite fully knowing about this news beforehand. Just don't say that you care and support victims of sexual abuse/rape while supporting the company ran by a known abuser and rapist.

This being coupled with the fact that a few women were told to either get boob jobs or lose their jobs, along with Vince passing around a woman to other men like she were a toy, and Vince ignoring the rape of Ashley to keep up his relationship of the military is fucking disgusting.

Ashley Massaro, right?

Don't do this. I learned from the other thread that this is frowned upon and attempted doxxing.

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
EE18-D599-D190-4-E12-BC3-D-17119-F76-A4-AB.jpg

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
sacking someone who didnt want to continue their own sexual exploitation - exactly like HW

cant we all just admit that Jericho is a POS?

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Nevermind. Watch AEW, folks.

It's nice that you removed your original post, but I don't really think these kind of topics should be for federation fanboyism either. Both feel inappropriate

sacking someone who didnt want to continue their own sexual exploitation - exactly like HW

cant we all just admit that Jericho is a POS?

Not sure what prompted that, but yeah, I imagine anyone who has been paying attention to JeriCovid over the last few years knows he's a rightwing chud