• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Would you buy a collection of Konami's Ninja Turtles games on the PS4/Xbox One/Switch?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to add that, the music in the old games are so good and would hold up pretty well today if done with a band(something that would likely never happen).

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
If they would remake those NES games in a graphic style resembling the arcade game/Turtles in Time, and add the SNES Turtles in Time content to the Arcade version I would 100% buy that.
SNES TiT is better that arcade version to be honest. The arcade game is an unfair quarter muncher.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
SNES TiT is better that arcade version to be honest. The arcade game is an unfair quarter muncher.
Yeah, plus it doesn't even have Bebop and Rocksteady so what's the point?

Better/Different bosses too I think. Maybe a new level as well, I'm not sure the pirate ship is in the arcade. (unsure, not played in a long while)

The Technodrome is the SNES exclusive level, but Bebop and Rocksteady replace the pirate ship Tokka and Rahzar bosses (who are moved to the Technodrome instead)

Barrel Cannon

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yea that's for sure. The arcade version is still fun to play with 4 peeps (as it is for most 4 player beat em ups), but the game feels way more limiting in terms of your move-set and the balance feels wonky for sure. I always prefer games where pure skill can help beat a game on few credits but TMNT and X-Men(heck most beat-em ups weren't balanced all too well in terms of predictable A.I.). I can 1 credit TiT on SNES and 1 credit TMNT3 on NES, but I need a bunch of credits to beat the arcade version.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I'd buy ten Switch copies and give them to my daughter's friends at random just to ensure that they understand what fun is.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Sure-huh!

Totally! I loved the first Arcade Game, and then its port to the NES. I bought Turtles in Time recently after I bought a Super NT and I love it! I'm thinking about getting a complete copy of Hyperstone Heist in the near future too.

OP
OP
Romain

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad I'm not the only one who would love a TMNT Collection!

One bonus feature I'd love would be an art gallery in which you could see all the cover art from the various regions.

eraFROMAN

One Winged Slayer
Mar 12, 2019
Instantly, Turtles in Time feels incredibly good to play for a beat em up (specifically the SNES version.) But include the arcade game, the NES games, and tournament fighters (again, SNES version,) and I'll pay 39.99 without issue. Imagine having 4 joy con of the turtles colors...(possible when the new set comes out!)

(Parentheses)

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick"
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Yup, this is one major black spot in my classic games consciousness that I just don't have access to in any way right now.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
I thought about this recently. With the upcoming Aladdin and The Lion King collection, I would love to see TMNT next.

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'd pay good money individually for straight ports of Manhattan Project, Turtles in Time, and Radical Rescue on Switch eShop, no need for upgrades or the rest of the games.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
I would pay $100 for a collection of NES/SNES/GB(c) games.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
In a collection, sure. Individually probably not. Turtles in Time in particular is so short.

JusDoIt

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Define "remastered." We don't need another Reshelled situation (even though I didn't hate that as much as most).

Just give me a decent classic collection.

What would be dope dope is Tournament Fighters rebalanced by the TMNT TF:CE team with GGPO online.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
The second they hit the store.

Have Netherrealm do a Tournament Fighters reboot while I'm dreaming.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really find the lack of depth an issue because all these arcade beat em ups are literally like half an hour long. If they have decent level and enemy variety (and the TMNT games do) they're over long before that really becomes a problem.

OP
OP
Romain

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Define "remastered." We don't need another Reshelled situation (even though I didn't hate that as much as most).

Just give me a decent classic collection.

What would be dope dope is Tournament Fighters rebalanced by the TMNT TF:CE team with GGPO online.

I probably shouldn't have used the word "remastered." I mostly meant a collection with quality of life improvements (like a rewind features), screen filters, backgrounds, screen ratio options, the ability to switch between different versions of the same game and so on.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Give me Turtles in Time SNES revamped with the ability for 4 players on switch please. Then give me Sunset Riders as well because goddamn it Konami re-release that shit already!

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I've seen return of the shredder from at 8k for in box ... that's way high.
You're better holding off and lurk auctions/2nd hand markets xD
example :

The high priced better be signed by the team ;)

anyway, i would buy ports with tons of extras (concepts, etc), physical like the good old gradius/parodius/salamander collections on psp.

OP
OP
Romain

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen return of the shredder from at 8k for in box ... that's way high.
You're better holding off and lurk auctions/2nd hand markets xD
example :

The high priced better be signed by the team ;)

anyway, i would buy ports with tons of extras (concepts, etc), physical like the good old gradius/parodius/salamander collections on psp.
I found out only recently that the European releases are also being sold for crazy prices on eBay. Some dude is asking for 350 euros for a complete Turtles in Time: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.fr/ulk/itm/323912191575

I wonder if having a collection on modern console would make the prices of the original games go down. One one hand those original copies are the only legal way to play those games right now. On the other hand they would still be great collection (as in "physical retro games collection") pieces.

OsakaDon

Oct 29, 2017
Osaka, Japan
I would love a remaster collection Super Mario All-stars style.
But keep those nasty fucking polygons away for it.
New Street fighter 3 level quality sprites or go home.
I don't want anything even close to resembling that shit bag TMNT: Turtles in Time remake a few years ago.
Maybe 3D polygonal stages/backgrounds, but not for player sprites.

CO_Andy

Oct 25, 2017
i wouldn't but i know a few friends who would scoop it up immediately

i want another TMNT in the vein of the NES original and not the belt scrolling games that followed after

Rygar 8Bit

Oct 25, 2017
Site-15
Still have the carts for all of them and all 3 versions of Tournament Fighter, but I'd still buy a collection for Switch for portability.

i wouldn't but i know a few friends who would scoop it up immediately

i want another TMNT in the vein of the NES original and not the belt scrolling games that followed after

Best we are going to get is that awesome fan game that came out early this year.

Download it here.

Aug 28, 2019
What, no hypothetical PC release?

But no. I played some of these as a kid a few times, but I'm not too interested in returning to them, and I was never really into the franchise.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
M2 made TMNT Anniversary Collection
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Arcade) 1989
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES) 1989
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Arcade Game (NES) 1990
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (Arcade) 1991
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: The Manhattan Project (NES) 1991
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Times (Super NES) 1992
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyper Stone Heist (Sega Genesis) 1992
  • Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters (Super NES) 1993

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Mega Drive games seem to be pretty expensive on average in Japan, especially later ones like Hyperstone Heist or Hard Corps.

I'd love to see a collection of at least the Game Boy games, never got to play 2 and 3 due to thsir scarcity, heard they were more Metroidvania in their approach.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Remastered? No. Leave the graphics alone and I'd bite. The aesthetic is part (most) of the charm. Its not like they are amazing playing games.

OP
OP
Romain

Romain

Senior Editor, Gameblog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

A sound test menu would be a must if such a collection was to be released (didn't know how to post my tweet with having the first one show up as well).