Oct 27, 2017
I like the honesty instead of canned phrases you normally get.

"It was a tough battle, and I would have liked to win, but at the end of the day I am proud of what our team accomplished. We will work hard in the off season and get even better, and hopefully be back here next fall."

If I had a dime everytime someone said something like this whenever they lost a championship.

I don't know what's worse, the sports interviews themselves, or the sports reporters who treat their canned response as though it's breaking news.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand MLB's logic letting someone play the World Series, but then suspends them to start the next season.

EarthBound64

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Connecticut
I just don't understand MLB's logic letting someone play the World Series, but then suspends them to start the next season.

It was discussed ad nauseam earlier in this thread.
Go back and read.

tl;dr: He would have appealed it - as is allowed in the CBA - and would have been able to play while awaiting the appeal - as specified in the CBA - and the appeal wouldn't have been heard until after the World Series.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
My local Academy got another shipment of World Series shirts today so I finally got one and they are still flying off the shelves. I hope they are tracking world series merch sales because I think it will easily be in the hundreds of Millions$

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Well, that was an experience...

1677d2c9_o.png

One of the many pics I took

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Where are the swangas, slabs and 'bows?
is this even English?

There were no astros fans before. At their lowest nobody cared about a team of losers. Astros were terrible a few years ago. Like literally the worst. Ppl are happy we finally won something. Specially after Harvey.
Eh. We were out there. My parents have had season tickets for more than a decade. I've been a fan my whole life, my earliest memories are going to the old dome and watching biggio and bagwell. That's actually how my parents knew I needed glasses, because I couldn't read the ads on the outfield walls or the scoreboard. I go to a couple games a year. I followed what they were doing with drafting and rebuilding. But literally couldn't watch them because of the whole fuck up with the rockets and Comcast sports network TV deal. I listened to them on the radio till this year when we resubscribed to directv.

But winning always brings out the bandwagoners, doesn't matter what city or sport.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
There were no astros fans before. At their lowest nobody cared about a team of losers. Astros were terrible a few years ago. Like literally the worst. Ppl are happy we finally won something. Specially after Harvey.

Houston has a lot of Astro diehards despite not winning a WS until the other day.

The only downside to their success of the past few years is that free tickets from vendors are a lot harder to get :D