• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gamesadict

Oct 25, 2017
So I talked about Ivan Duque (Colombia) earlier.

Good tweet there, but I bet the ambassador in the US won't have a good time once Biden is in.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
our friends in the Ukraine and Belarus could definitely use someone other than Trump.
100% agree but could you please not call Ukraine "the Ukraine." đź‘€ Ukrainians hate that because it implies it's not a country.

I know you aren't doing it on purpose as a lot of peeps used to refer to it as such back during the Soviet Union and most Americans haven't realized it's an issue.

Thank you and have a good day fellow Washitonian. o7

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
100% agree but could you please not call Ukraine "the Ukraine." đź‘€ Ukrainians hate that because it implies it's not a country.

I know you aren't doing it on purpose as a lot of peeps used to refer to it as such back during the Soviet Union and most Americans haven't realized it's an issue.

Thank you and have a good day fellow Washitonian. o7

oh my bad! Let me go edit that!

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think most of these people are relieved Trump is gone, but let's be honest, most world leaders are going to try to suck up to a new incoming US president no matter who it is unless the country has already determined the US is always going to be the enemy to them in which case they'll be hostile regardless

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I think most of these people are relieved Trump is gone, but let's be honest, most world leaders are going to try to suck up to a new incoming US president no matter who it is unless the country has already determined the US is always going to be the enemy to them in which case they'll be hostile regardless
Mending international relations is going to be a long and hard prospect. I don't envy Biden in having to do so, but the international challenges we're facing with climate change and the pandemic has 99% of world leaders knowing they need a competent and cooperative United States to help as much as possible.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

And if you search for the others spanish politicans, casado and arrimadas also congratulated him (which is normal, they would look really bad if they didnt), but Iglesias doesnt even mention Joe or Harris, nor even congratulates americans voting the right thing, and just says trump lost (dont be a fucking dick iglesias, theres a time and a place for cirticising and congratulating) and the piece of alt right shit of Abascal didnt say a word, and is crying some heroes grafitted fascist in his parents store, which, why doesnt it fucking surprise me lol

EDIT Oh wait, he ACTUALLY wrote in favor of trump when the orange turd said he won:
EmPmx4oU0AEfKOq

For people that dont undertand spanish, this piece of shit is the leader of the alt right in spain, and he is saying in the first tweet that trum is the best president in the history of humanity in the USA and that VOX (his party) should be like him.
Second tweet is him saying that media have faked everything and that Trump should feel the real winner.

Last edited:

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Im domestic news lol

Just so non Americans are aware of the depravity of the Congressional GOP leaders.

Oct 26, 2017
I don't use Twitter, so I don't know if it's possible, but I hope all of these congratulatory messages are being forwarded to the orange baby golfer.

Haunted

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I like that Merkel didn't just hop on twitter.

Official channel for an official statement.

Rocket Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want the following to get completely and utterly fucked:

Netanyahu, MBS, Modi, Jinping, Putin, Duerte, Erdogan, Orban, Boris, Bolsonaro

Oct 27, 2017
Suga needs to say something stat. COME ON.

The comments on that post (and every Japanese article I've seen related to the US election) are wild. So many Japanese Trump supporters buying into the conspiracy theories over fake votes and people convinced that Japan is finished without Trump to rein in China.

Where do these people even come from? I've lived in the most rural parts or Japan as well as large cities over the past 7 years and have never personally met anyone that had anything nice to say about Trump. Many people abruptly bring Trump up just to shit talk him when they find out where I'm from.

Last edited:

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
I couldn't find anything from Suga myself, but someone earlier in this thread posted a copy of a congratulatory message from Suga.

This will have to do for now.

A burger joint near Tokyo on Friday added the "Biden Burger" to its menu in anticipation of Democratic challenger Joe Biden winning the U.S. presidential race, even though it still remains too close to call.

Using iconic foods from Biden's home state of Pennsylvania as a reference, it features a patty covered with fried onions and mushrooms in melted cheese, and topped with coleslaw and potato chips.

NetMapel

Oct 25, 2017

The comments on that post (and every Japanese article I've seen related to the US election) are wild. So many Japanese Trump supporters buying into the conspiracy theories over fake votes and people convinced that Japan is finished without Trump to rein in China.

Where do these people even come from? I've lived in the most rural parts or Japan as well as large cities over the past 7 years and have never personally met anyone that had anything nice to say about Trump. Many people abruptly bring Trump up just to shit talk him when they find out where I'm from.

Why do people think Trump is tough on China? Doesn't he have business interests in China per NYT reporting before?
www.nytimes.com

Trump Records Shed New Light on Chinese Business Pursuits (Published 2020)

As he raises questions about his opponent’s standing with China, President Trump’s taxes reveal details about his own activities there, including a previously unknown bank account.

Arebours

Oct 27, 2017
If you dont tell them anything they never research if you renounced your old citizenship before giving you the citizenship based on your parents apparently.
I remember there being a parlamentarian getting into big trouble because of this. Afaik she doesn't even live in Japan anymore so it's possible to renounced the Japanese citizenship.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP

Ah thanks.

Same here from my experience. Nobody from my family or friends in Tokyo actually like Trump. He is way too unreliable to be an ally anyway.

I think those comments are from the warhawks/nationalists side of Japan which can be quite ugly. It's sad.

Einherjer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I like that Merkel didn't just hop on twitter.

Official channel for an official statement.

She doesn't use Twitter or is good with any new media she's really old school in this regard, think your boomer parents a few years ago trying out the internet for their first time and don't really getting it.

ElNerdo

Oct 22, 2018
So I talked about Ivan Duque (Colombia) earlier.

Good tweet there, but I bet the ambassador in the US won't have a good time once Biden is in.

Being half Colombian, I don't know much about the politics there.

So he's Conservative, huh? That explains him getting comfy with Trump, per your earlier post. That's sad.

Has be been a bad President?

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Being half Colombian, I don't know much about the politics there.

So he's Conservative, huh? That explains him getting comfy with Trump, per your earlier post. That's sad.

Has be been a bad President?
He is good pals and a pupil of the genocidal Alvaro Uribe, that should tell you enough.

Benjamin Netanyahu @netanyahu

Congratulations @JoeBiden and @KamalaHarris. Joe, we've had a long & warm personal relationship for nearly 40 years, and I know you as a great friend of Israel. I look forward to working with both of you to further strengthen the special alliance between the U.S. and Israel.

12:03 AM · Nov 8, 2020

Well, that special relationship is a codeword refering to getting free military funding and getting a free pass for wiping brown people in the region?

Bisha Monkey

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Well, shit. I need to brush up on what Uribe did.

Well maybe genocidal is not the proper term, my bias got the better of me, but he was definitely the author of many state-sponsored mass executions during his tenure, there are well documented articles about the killings of many innocent people and how the millitary made them pass as guerrilas.

Tochtli79

Jun 27, 2019
Mexico City
AMLO's weak ass cowardly reaction is embarrassing and depressing as hell. This turd has spent 4 years talking shit about us and our country and he's too afraid of him to even make a generic statement congratulating the US for a fair and free election or something. Fuck AMLO. You can bet most of Mexico is joining the rest of the world in laughing Trump right out of the WH.