• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dyl

Oct 27, 2017
At no extra cost for HBO Max subscribers in the US.

Per an unlisted ad WB just uploaded to YouTube. No news articles on it yet:

For the first time ever, Wonder Woman 1984 will release in theaters and stream exclusively on HBO Max* on the exact same day. December 25.

*Available on HBO Max in the US only at no extra cost to subscribers.

EDIT 2: Confirmed by THR, Variety and Deadline.

EDIT 1: Video has since been made private. Here is a screenshot:

EnJG24fVgAAb1Nn

Last edited:

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Well I'll be dammed. I wonder if international distribution will be bid on a per territory basis or if we'll just get a stand alone cinema release.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome. Haven't seen the trailer (and don't intend to) but I'm looking forward to this. Loved the first one.

PlatypusDude

Oct 25, 2017
I hate this. RIP movie theaters more than they already are.

(Yes I know I'm in the minority on this. But I enjoyed going to the movie theater in non covid times.)

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
HBO Max doesn't support 4K, right? =(

CypherSignal

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone grab the (as per the thread title) pertinent parts of the trailer? Seems it just flipped from unlisted to private.

Hound

Jul 6, 2019
lol this and Soul are movies I probably would have paid to watch. Thanks for the Christmas gift corporations!

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Ugh.

I mean I'm excited but I was really hoping they'd show it in theaters when COVID was over. I guess they still can, but it won't be the same. I'd prefer to see it for the first time in IMAX.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

honestly shocked they aren't just gonna hold out a bit longer, with all the positive vaccine news out there