• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
Doesn't seem worth the cinema ticket for me.

It's currently reviewing below Ant-Man and the Wasp, Doctor Strange and Shazam and those were all pretty mediocre wait-for-streaming-level stuff.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Im looking forward to this one. The previous has been up to this point the only dc universe film I've enjoyed

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I don't know if I'm excited about films in 2020 that are routinely described as "fun" and "popcorn entertainment". I enjoyed the first one although it was WAY too long, I'll probably be in for this as well.

KodaRuss

Oct 27, 2017
Texas
I'm totally here for 2.5 hours of this. I like my games getting a little shorter and my movies a bit longer. Just where I'm at.

This is pretty funny with the Persona 5 Avatar.

I hear you though. I loved Persona 5 but it took me like 2 months of basically only playing it to finish (and I still wanted more!)

Really looking forward to seeing this movie, my wife loved the first one. I guess this will hold me over for a bit until we get some more big blockbusters releasing I guess (need to rent/buy Tenet as well now).

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
This is pretty funny with the Persona 5 Avatar.

I hear you though. I loved Persona 5 but it took me like 2 months of basically only playing it to finish (and I still wanted more!)

Really looking forward to seeing this movie, my wife loved the first one. I guess this will hold me over for a bit until we get some more big blockbusters releasing I guess (need to rent/buy Tenet as well now).
Persona may have broken me haha. I'm still trying to get through Royal.

Jul 4, 2018
Will be watching this on the 23rd at my local cinema here in New Zealand. NO coronavirus out in the wild here, that means I get to watch it with a nice big crowd including a couple of my best friends, I've missed cinemas the last movie I watched was Tenet and I was masked up and there was with social distancing, it'll be good to have some normalcy and view this on a big screen with big sound 😀 I love my OLED but I've missed cinemas

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
?

Ant-Man and the Wasp - 88 RT, 6.96/10, 69 Metacritic
WW84 - 89 RT, 7.4/10, 68 Metacritic
It was 86 @ RT when I looked at it. I also get slightly different figures for Ant-Man 2 from both RT and MC for some reason: MC 70, RT 87/7.00.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter if its on par or slightly higher/lower than Ant-Man 2. That film is like a 5/10 at best and I'm done supporting mediocre blockbuster.

This is factually untrue. You can't just make up fake stuff and post it on here.
It is still below all of them on Metacritic: 68 vs. 70/72/71.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Really happy this is reviewing well, and really happy we'll be able to watch it from home on Christmas. I hope it's better than the first one, which I thought started really strongly but left a sour impression due to the underwhelming conclusion.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
denzel-relieved.gif

The trailers had me wary, but I'm glad the film came together. Based Patty.

Apr 21, 2018

It's currently reviewing below Ant-Man and the Wasp, Doctor Strange and Shazam and those were all pretty mediocre wait-for-streaming-level stuff.

Rotten Tomatoes is a bit odd when it comes to reviews. There is really no difference between liking a movie and loving a movie based on their aggregate.

But I do agree, while I did like Doctor Strange and Shazam, 89 seems too high for them. (then again, if I was the critic reviewing them, my 'liking' them would have been counted as 100% to the aggregate).

I tend to think of movie review aggregates as something to make sweeping judgements about. Does the movie have 70-100%? Okay it's probably worth seeing. Does a movie have under 60%? it's probably not great.
I wouldn't look at a 90% on RT as a better movie than an 85% on RT.

It's a different system than something like how video games scores end up on Metacritic.

hiredhand

Feb 6, 2019
lol how do people just post shit like this?

... And it's debuting on streaming so you don't have to wait, so your whole comment is silly.
Not everyone is an American. In my country (Finland) it is debuting on the 15th of January in cinemas only. HBO Max isn't launching here until the end of 2021.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Sounds like it's too long and has some fucky logic issues but should be a fun watch on Boxing Day in glorious 4K.

No way I'm watching this Xmas Day when I'm drunk and full of food and there will be a few loud relatives around lol.

CortexVortex

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I really enjoyed the first one and miss the cinema experience so I would absolutely go if the Corona situation wouldn't look so bad at the moment.
But maybe cinemas will show it once they're back in two or three months... at least I hope so.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
Gonna set up a projector in the house and get the screen as big as we can to simulate the movie theater experience. My 7 year old daughter has no idea this is coming out on Christmas and I'm going to surprise her with it. Can't wait. Glad it's good!

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Jenkins and Sandberg are the best things to happen to the DC cibematic universe without a doubt. Here is hope that the multiverse flash movie gets to be the final impulse to get everything on track again. I really want to see my favourite DC superheroes bring me hope.

Not everyone is an American. In my country (Finland) it is debuting on the 15th of January in cinemas only. HBO Max isn't launching here until the end of 2021.
Same in Spain. Also theaters here havent got an outbreak during this whole year, and have been open most of th time except the first months.
And i can assure anyone they feel more safe than going to the street to buy food or going to a bar to drink, because everyone there is following the rules.

a916

Oct 25, 2017
DC's been on a good streak, I'm glad they've been able to pull it off again with WW.

Ocarina_117

Oct 26, 2017
So what's happening in the UK with this one?

Cinemas are closed as I'm in a tier 3 region :/

So I have no way in which I could watch this?

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Not a comic-book movie kind of guy, but I fucking adore the 2017 movie. Excited to watch this on Christmas.

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Excellent news. Was already planning on seeing it in the cinema soon, but this is great also.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of think any superhero movie released at this time would have the same reactions. People just don't care enough right now and not being able to see it in theaters means the spectacle is gone.

Might also be because it's Gal Gadot, which is honestly why I couldn't give much a poop. Awful actress (and seemingly person, but people can change).