yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a Joker 2 spoiler thread? I'm curious what got people worked up.

King Dodongo

Oct 27, 2017
I will go to watch transformers a third time because I want more movies like that to be made.
It has tons of potential and it would be a shame if the story is left there.

Tobor

Died as he lived: wrong about Doritos
Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
They need to put transformers films on ice for at least a decade. I think the stink of bayformers isn't going to wash off for a while. I suggestion for Paramount, why not focus on actually a Star Trek film made? Thanks.

Ld007

Jun 1, 2024
They need to put transformers films on ice for at least a decade. I think the stink of bayformers isn't going to wash off for a while. I suggestion for Paramount, why not focus on actually a Star Trek film made? Thanks.
They put trek on ice for the same reason you want TF on ice

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Deadline says 190m budget for Joker

Still, with a net production cost of $190M+, Joker: Folie à Deux's expected business at this point isn't bad for exhibition, and not necessarily bad for the movie itself.

deadline.com

Can Lady Gaga & Joaquin Phoenix’s ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’ Go Nuts At The Box Office? $140M Global Start Eyed – Preview

'Joker: Folie à Deux' eyes $140M global start at the box office, well below the near $249M global start of first 'Joker' in 2019.

Ld007

Jun 1, 2024
Deadline says 190m budget for Joker

deadline.com

Can Lady Gaga & Joaquin Phoenix’s ‘Joker: Folie à Deux’ Go Nuts At The Box Office? $140M Global Start Eyed – Preview

'Joker: Folie à Deux' eyes $140M global start at the box office, well below the near $249M global start of first 'Joker' in 2019.
Woof.
So looking at the marketing everywhere it's going to need over 400, and good luck!

I saw Never let go today, that deserved to be a hit.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
They need to put transformers films on ice for at least a decade.

They do not need to put any franchise on ice for a decade. That's insane and I don't understand why people keep suggesting that when audiences have turned around on franchises in shorter times with one film.

It's about executing a correct new relaunch. If you do that properly, audiences will come.

Ld007

Jun 1, 2024
They do not need to put any franchise on ice for a decade. That's insane and I don't understand why people keep suggesting that when audiences have turned around on franchises in shorter times with one film.

It's about executing a correct new relaunch. If you do that properly, audiences will come.
Yep
Batman and Robin to Batman Begins

TriMartolod

Banned
Aug 17, 2024
User Banned (Permanent): Troll account
Sorry if what i'm asking is wrong. (I'm not american.)
So joker 1 was for incels right ? And 2 is for nobody not incels nor for women and lgbtqa+ and normal people?

Knightbat05

Nov 7, 2022
So, the Joker movie released in South Korea already... and it got a D- cinemascore, which the the worst WOM for a blockbuster there in years.... oof.

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Since Transformers isn't owned by Paramount I doubt they could do that without losing the license.

If Paramount won't make Transformers films Hasbro will find someone else who will.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Just a bit of information.

The Marvels ended at 72 CGV score.

Spring Garden (the worse Reviewed Korean movie of the year) ended at 65 CGV score.

A Quiet place day one ended at 79 CGV score.

Joker 2 is has a legitimate chance to end up below 60 which is something that is insanely hard to do. I do want to say that this is more similar to a F CinemaScore as CGV score tend to be more inflated. While very few movies gets A+ in CinemaScore, we constantly get movies above 95 CGV score.

Joker is apparently getting the equivalent of an F CinemaScore in South Korea

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
Michael Bay did serious damage to the Transformers franchise

Bay pretty much took Transformers to an entirely different level popularity wise and brought the franchise to a mainstream audience again. I don't like any of those movies but he saved the franchise from falling into complete niche obscurity if anything

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
I just saw Transformers One today with my younger brother and his friend. A darn good time and beautifully animated. Hemsworth did a great job as Optimus.

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone complains about original IPs not being a big focus/places being too reliant on franchies. But then original IPs come up and everyone makes excuses as to why they don't bother giving it a chance. Meanwhile, the sequel fans show up no matter how reception turns out (most of the time).

There's sometimes where it legit feels like people don't show up until after news has come out that the studio is canning future plans/for tv shows cancelling future seasons. And it just feels like people want to just get pissed instead of actually putting their money where their mouth is. Literally.
It's infuriating. I don't want to hear a damned "Durr hurr another sequel/Garfield movie??" out of you if you didn't show up for an original movie that was funny, emotional and a near 100% critical darling.

Knightbat05

Nov 7, 2022
Bay pretty much took Transformers to an entirely different level popularity wise and brought the franchise to a mainstream audience again. I don't like any of those movies but he saved the franchise from falling into complete niche obscurity if anything
Yeah, people hate on those movies, but those movies were very popular and successful, and were critic proof for a long time. It wasn't until Transformers: The Last Knight when things started going south...

Mister Ursine

Sep 10, 2023
Yeah, people hate on those movies, but those movies were very popular and successful, and were critic proof for a long time. It wasn't until Transformers: The Last Knight when things started going south...

And even with The Last Knight, I don't know if you could blame it on that movie specifically. It was bad but not in a way that was worse than its predecessors. I think someone in the last thread pointed out that the domestic take for the series was already on the decline after peaking with Revenge of the Fallen. The Last Knight is just when international audiences followed suit.

Fast & the Furious is headed on a very similar trajectory.

The issue with One is marketing and the designs. The initial marketing sold a very young skewing film and the designs back that up. As for the live action films, they gotta make up their mind. If they're rebooting: new designs. You can't kinda sorta maybe reboot when it looks exactly the same as the Bay films. To the uninitiated, it's just a continuation of a franchise they got tired of a decade ago.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
Does this mean I win the bet?

165.gif

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
Flash had a worldwide opening of 130 million and ended up only limping to 271 million.

Could see something similar for Joker with how toxic the WoM is.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
So basically the only real "elseworld" stuff going forward is going to be The Batman related?

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
As for the live action films, they gotta make up their mind. If they're rebooting: new designs. You can't kinda sorta maybe reboot when it looks exactly the same as the Bay films. To the uninitiated, it's just a continuation of a franchise they got tired of a decade ago.

New designs may help but I think a bigger issue for the live action films is that they need to completely reboot the franchise. You have the OG Bay trilogy with Shia, then two continuations with Wahlberg that try to spin off and go in different directions, a Bumblebee solo soft reboot movie and then a partial continuation of the Bayverse & Bumblebee timelines with Rise of the Beasts.

And now Paramount wants a GI Joe crossover with Transformers? There's seemingly no real plan in place.

TLK wasn't great but I think Bay/Hasbro/Paramount creating that writers room where different writers pitched original Transformers movie ideas was great on paper and that's the trajectory they should have stayed on or at least stuck with a bit longer.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I hope The Wild Robot does well this weekend with legs. Saw it tonight and I more or less loved it.

MadMod

Dec 4, 2017
I'm seeing Joker tonight. Legit intrigued, I'm getting the sense that Todd got a bit too big for his boots and over estimated his ability. Should have probs doubled down on the darkness realism vibe instead of going for subversion into a musical.