Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Oof. That's not great.

It also means Paramount is going to pull back marketing spend for some of the international releases.

Gravidee

Oct 28, 2017
Kind of makes me wonder how next year's Avatar The Last Airbender movie will do. Paramount's marketing better not fail that one as well.

EDIT: Whoops, guess it was actually delayed to 2026.

Oct 27, 2017
You would think with good reviews and audience reception, WOM would be kicking in but it seems this film is just being completely rejected. Something about the marketing or the concept itself just completely turned people off.

Ld007

Jun 1, 2024

View: https://x.com/BORReport/status/1839735804236837369

Already under a million in just it's first week and the international market isn't looking great either. It's dead.

It's not out in the UK yet, and the presales are not behind Joker (mind you that's looking like a dud)

You would think with good reviews and audience reception, WOM would be kicking in but it seems this film is just being completely rejected. Something about the marketing or the concept itself just completely turned people off.

They need to pull a Disney and leave it in cinemas for longer, they wont they will panic and wack it on streaming

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hurricane Season going to have an effect on the weekend it seems. A lot of cinemas especially in Florida are shut for obvious reasons.

Do wonder what the cinemascores will be. Wild Robot sounds like a certain A, A+ not impossible but I wager it gets an A overall. Megalopolis could be the rare F if it's got reviews worse than Borderlands and The Crow...

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Wild Robot’ Powers To Third Best September Animated Pic Debut With $35M; ‘Megalopolis’ Collapses With $4M & D+ CinemaScore; ‘Saturday Night’ Alive In Limited Release – Box Office Update

'The Wild Robot' is outperforming its box office projection with a $35M opening while Francis Ford Coppola's 'Megalopolis' is bombing with under $5M at the weekend domestic box office.

FRIDAY AFTERNOON: DreamWorks/Universal's The Wild Robot is currently overperforming according to Friday afternoon projections, evidence of the IP's popularity with kids. The Chris Sanders movie is eyeing $11.3M today, including last night's near $2M, for a 3-day of $35M at 3,962. That's more than what big brands Transformers One pulled in last weekend ($24.6M) and what DWA/Uni's own Trolls Band Together did back in mid-November a year ago ($30M). Remember that Wild Robot has all the Imax and PLFs during the day.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I got tickets for The Substance tomorrow morning at the only theater that was playing it within a 20 mile radius of my location, and it looks to be a completely empty showing aside from me and a friend. Really hoped that WOM would've brought more eyes to the movie.

I hate that Transformers One is bombing, but I hope it makes a killing on VOD as well as in DVD/Blu-ray sales.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from seeing The Wild Robot with my daughter and that was much better than I was expecting. It will have leeeeeegs if there's any justice in the world.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

‘Wild Robot’ Powers To Third Best September Animated Pic Debut With $35M; ‘Megalopolis’ Collapses With $4M & D+ CinemaScore; ‘Saturday Night’ Alive In Limited Release – Box Office Update

'The Wild Robot' is outperforming its box office projection with a $35M opening while Francis Ford Coppola's 'Megalopolis' is bombing with under $5M at the weekend domestic box office.
Nice. Better than Trolls 3, Bad Guys, and Boss Baby 2 opening. Even better than Puss in Boots TLW opening.

Hope it has long legs like Puss.

ContractHolder

Jack of All Streams
Oct 25, 2017
deadline.com

SATURDAY AM: Refresh for more analysis and chart...Families continue to flock to theaters: Not only is Wild Robot posting the third best opening for an animated movie in September with $35M after an $11.3M Friday (including near $2M previews), but Warner Bros' Beetlejuice Beetlejuice refuses to die with a -37% fourth weekend estimated hold, $16.3M take and a running total of $250.3M by tomorrow. The sequel is on the edge of becoming Tim Burton's second highest grossing movie at the domestic box office, overtaking 1989's Batman ($251.4M), and filing behind Alice in Wonderland ($334.1M).

It's clear that the 33% families attending this movie know what the IP is, and have been yearning a bit more to see it versus Paramount's Transformers One which unfortunately had a hard tumble in the crowded family autumn space with a projected $9M in weekend 2, -63%, and running ten-day of $38.8M.

Meanwhile, Lionsgate's release of Francis Ford Coppola's $120M self-financed Megalopolis is tanking as expected with a $4.1M 3-day in 6th place and a D+ Cinemascore from moviegoers after a $1.8M Friday that includes $770K previews.

EddIs

Jul 13, 2022
It's the art style, i heard from two friend already that they wanted to see this movie with their kids, and the kids refused to go (one even have a lot of transformers figures)

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We were shopping around back to the future jokes like 'GREAT SCOTT! $4.1M Gigaflopolis!'

I made these in 5 minutes, tell me which works better of the two.

qLKvN89.png

BHvVF0s.png