• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
I honestly think COVID/chip shortages occurred, still needed to release a product.

We get this amalgamation of SWOled due to existing contracts. Screen parts/dock Nintendo releases this side grade and Pro/Switch 2 at some point with this newer screen.

But did they NEED to? Switch is still #1 console month to month. At some point you reach saturation, yes, but not at the point where you need to release a half-step rather than go the full Monty.

Oct 30, 2017
But did they NEED to? Switch is still #1 console month to month. At some point you reach saturation, yes, but not at the point where you need to release a half-step rather than go the full Monty.

Who knows, it is probably more predatory in nature to release this version, but it felt more like they pivoted to release the half step since additional outside issues were in play (speculating/benefit of doubt). Will be interesting to see what real motivator is later, for me I am good with the move, I am primarily a handheld player and my launch unit battery is dragging. Would of rather had the whole package, but still works for current situation.