• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which game will you get day 1?

• RE3

Votes: 333 30.3%
  • FFVII remake

Votes: 482 43.9%
  • Ghost of Tsushima

Votes: 326 29.7%
  • Animal Crossing: New Horizons

Votes: 330 30.0%
  • Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 588 53.5%
  • The Last of Us II

Votes: 548 49.9%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 185 16.8%

• Total voters

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
There are so many games that I'll buy when they release (FFVII, Ghost of Tsushima, RE3, TLoUII and a couple more) that I wonder which one fellow ERA members will get??

Couldn't put all the games that come to my mind in the poll but here are others:

Marvel's Avengers
Half Life Alyx
Ironman VR
Nioh 2
Predator HG
Dying Light 2
Doom Eternal
Vampyre 2
Bravely Default II
Deadly Premonition 2
No More Heroes 3

And the list goes on...

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
None, I will wait until the PS5 is out to grab this titles cheap or buy the next-gen version (if they have)

The only exception being the Yakuza Collection. That shit is mine Day 1.

Deeke

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I REALLY hope The Last of Us II isn't bogged down by the new scent stealth system. The enemies are so high alert now that it could completely destroy any chance I have at progression lol

alstrike

Banned
Aug 27, 2018
Cyberpunk 2077, TLOU Part II (both pre-ordered and paid on PSN) and Ghost of Tsushima as soon as is available.

I'll probably get something to kick-off my PS5 experience but that is a long way away still.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
Animal Crossing is the only one on that list. I'll also grab Rune Factory 4 Special (hopefully it comes out in February but it sounds like it's delayed). I highly doubt Rune Factory 5 will meet its 2020 release date. I'll also likely get some PS5 games in November, but no idea what's coming out. New Assassin's Creed probably.

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Deadly Premonition 2 feels like the only one I wouldn't be able to wait any longer once it is out.

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I only have Switch and I don't care for Animal Crossing, so none.
Luckily I have a big backlog!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
FFVIIR already pre-ordered digitally. Animal Crossing will be once Nintendo lets me.

MegaSackman

Oct 27, 2017
Argentina
My game sharing friend already got FFVII, I'll get TLOU, Ghost, and Cyberpunk for sure. Maybe he'll get RE3 I guess.

I'm super interested in Animal Crossing but I can't get it day one.

I pre-ordered Kakarot (hoping a 7 outta 10 game with cool cinematics), and hope to get DOOM Eternal day one and Elden Ring if it comes out.

Gulduur

Oct 28, 2017
I haven't done this for years mainly for monetary reasons (prices drop fast), almost did it for Death Stranding and haven't played it yet so... if anything, it'll be Cyberpunk.

Deleted member 23850

Oct 28, 2017
TLOU and System Shock 3 (if it comes out).

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I will get all these day 1:
FFVII
TLOU2
Avengers
Cyberpunk

but I won't get much else

Sabretooth

Oct 27, 2017
India
None of those are on Game Pass, so none of them.

I can't be spending on expensive games to play Day 1 when I have a backlog the size of Niagara Falls to take out.

deltabreak

Oct 29, 2017
I'll wait until PS5 (and even then I'll only get a PS5 when that has a decent deal, so probably two years in) for those Sony exclusives. If it doesn't have BC, surely they'll get remasters. Already pre-ordered Cyberpunk and the combat system for FF7R isn't really what I want. Really interested in AC but I've never played one before. Not sure what to expect...

Deleted member 7883

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Animal Crossing's the only one I'm getting day one. Then FFVII depending on how it reviews... since RE2's already on sale for $25 or less, I'll hold off on RE3 until the holidays as well. Cyberpunk looks neat. But I probably won't get into that for a year or two. I'm expecting a next gen port or something 🤔

Bosch

Banned
May 15, 2019
I will play all but none on day one.
Ps exclusives will wait for ps5

Cyberpunk will wait for next-gen gpus for ultra 4k@60

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
These are all day one, whether via purchase or via a subscription service.
  1. The Last of Us Part II
  2. Breath of the Wild 2 (if it releases)
  3. Final Fantasy VII Remake
  4. Cyberpunk 2077
  5. Ghost of Tsushima
  6. Halo Infinite
  7. Watch Dogs Legion
  8. Nioh 2
  9. Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  10. Dreams
  11. Marvel's Avengers

Deleted member 59955

User requested account closure
Banned
Sep 14, 2019
I'm only buying Batman: Arkham Legacy and Dying Light 2 on day 1. I'll wait until Cyberpunk releases multiplayer for that. Avengers I might get if the reviews are good.

I have money saved up for Arkham Legacy's collectors edition. I've been prepared for months now. Give it to me WB.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Cyberpunk, The Last of Us 2, Ghost of Tsushima (really hyped for this one), and other: TurboGrafx-16 mini.

Maybe RE3. Will wait for reviews on that one, and maybe Bayonetta/Vanquish remaster too.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
The Last of Us 2 is the only absolutely 100% day 1 guaranteed for me.
Cyberpunk, Ghost and Nioh 2 are most likely day 1 but might wait for next gen depending on performance.

mnk

Nov 11, 2017
From the poll, Animal Crossing and that's it. Still unsure how I want to tackle VIIR, if I'll play Part 1 right away or wait until they're all out. Either way, Square games get good sales, so it won't be a day 1 purchase regardless. I haven't paid enough attention to Cyberpunk to know if it's something I want. None of the others listed interest me at all.

Bravely Default II might be Day 1. SMT5 whenever it comes out will be Day 1. Digimon Survive might be Day 1. Xenoblade DE, gosh I dunno. Might not even get it, it's so big and I played it for the first time on 3DS four years ago, so it's not like it's been a decade like it has for other people.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
None since I can't really afford to buy games at launch. But I will most likely get Cyberpunk first since that's the game I'm looking forward to the most next year.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Cyberpunk will most likely be my GOTG but also picking up TLOU 2, FF7R, Halo infinite (counting this as next gen), WD legion, Avengers (depends on reviews), and POTENTIALLY animal crossing on day 1

at least of the games we know are dropping in 2020, obviously if something like BOTW 2 or something drops ill pick that up on day 1 as well

Shaymin

Oct 25, 2017
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Tokyo Mirage Sessions Encore, Doom 64, and, uh, that's it. (At least for Q1. I don't know about the rest of the year: want timing on Bravely II and the Xenoblade remaster.)

Last edited:

Megamind.

Nov 18, 2019
I think it's just cyberpunk for me. I generally stopped paying full price for games and the last game I did that for was RDR. A game has to be extremely outstanding got me to get a full purchase for me these days and needs to have the content to justify it.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
TLoU pt 2 is the only one that I'd pre-order and wait for without any additional information. Everything else is still in wait and see mode (unless you count Psychonauts 2 which I Fig'd - a horrid sounding verb compared to the much more sonorous "Kickstarted.")