FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
I know we're talking about wireless but does anyone own the Drop + Sennheiser PC38X? Over at head-fi hey rate this one of the best.
Since the PS5 doesn't have an optical out using a DAC is not an option, correct?

drop.com

Drop + EPOS PC38X Yellow Gaming Headset | Audiophile | Headphones | Open Back Headphones

Drop exclusive product, price and reviews: Drop + EPOS PC38X Yellow Gaming Headset | An upgraded version of the crowd-favorite PC37X, our PC38X gaming...

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Astro now selling a $40 adapter for PlayStation. If you have a serial # it's $15.

I have a 1st gen A50. On their product page, they mention the adapter will work with A50 gen 3 and 4. I don't know if I should be ordering this to have my headphones work with the PS5 or if I should be looking at other headphones. I'm a little confused on how all this works though.

HDMI from PS5 plugs into input HDMI on Astro adapter. HDMI output from Astro adapter plugs into TV HDMI. A50 base station optical cable plugs into optical cable in HDMI adapter.

I think that's how the setup would be. If so, why would it have a problem with 1st Gen A50s?

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
The Corsair Virtuoso is, by far, the best sounding, most comfy, durable gaming headset ever made. They are just fantastic.

I looked these up and they seem like they would work both on PS4 and Series X. I don't know if the microphone would work on either. Which systems do you use these headsets on? Any comparison to the sound from other headsets?

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Astro now selling a $40 adapter for PlayStation. If you have a serial # it's $15.
Thanks. I have the Xbox and the PS4 models. I was going to buy just another base station (so I could swap the headset between the consoles), but ended up with a whole headset used via an ebay deal. It works well because when one battery runs low I just swap headsets by plopping the other one in the other dock.

For folks that want a no-replugging solution, an A50 and two base stations works. That said, I'm not sure if they fixed it in the latest gen, but getting the little headset charging contacts to settle right is a huge PITA on it once you've had it on for a while...the plastic stretches a little and you have to fiddle with it, sometimes for a min or two, or even more, to get it to charge/sync. Even worse, if you get it wrong, sometimes it actually drains the charge on the headset.

I RMA'd it for this well-known issue and they sent it back to me and basically told me I was crazy, no problems found... wasn't impressed.

UF_C

Oct 25, 2017
I looked these up and they seem like they would work both on PS4 and Series X. I don't know if the microphone would work on either. Which systems do you use these headsets on? Any comparison to the sound from other headsets?
I use them for PC but its a simple dongle so I imagine they would work with the consoles. I used the HyperX Cloud before these (not wireless), and the PS Golds (when I played on console) and the biggest improvement that I see is the quality of the surround sound and the mic. I am the designated callout on WarZone with my friends because I seem to be able to pick up footsteps better than they can. I also get so many comments about how my voice sounds on the other end...about how good and clear I sound, its amazing. I use them for Zoom calls for work and I have had several people ask me what headset I am using because they sound so much better.

The only complaint I have is the battery could last just a liiiiiiittle bit longer, but that minor negative is well made up for by all the other positives.

ZeroMaverick

Mar 5, 2018
Yo, did you know that 7.1 Surround Sound on PlayStation consoles is only available on their first-party headsets? I didn't fucking know this! I'm also in the market for a new headset for PS5, and I'll probably go with the 7P, but that 7.1 nonsense is crazy

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
I really wanted the Arctis 7X, but it doesn't seem like they'll come back in stock soon.

So... I confirmed with a rep from Steel Series that the 7P WILL work on Xbox via wired connection. Chat and audio are supported which is nice, so that's good enough for me. I'd rather use a wired cable vs moving the wireless adapter between consoles anyway.

Now I just need to offload my Arctis 9X... Anyone know a good place to sell gaming headsets outside of just local buy/sell apps? Hoping to get about $100 for it.

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
I use them for PC but its a simple dongle so I imagine they would work with the consoles. I used the HyperX Cloud before these (not wireless), and the PS Golds (when I played on console) and the biggest improvement that I see is the quality of the surround sound and the mic. I am the designated callout on WarZone with my friends because I seem to be able to pick up footsteps better than they can. I also get so many comments about how my voice sounds on the other end...about how good and clear I sound, its amazing. I use them for Zoom calls for work and I have had several people ask me what headset I am using because they sound so much better.

The only complaint I have is the battery could last just a liiiiiiittle bit longer, but that minor negative is well made up for by all the other positives.

Thanks for the impressions! I do have a 1st gen A50, so if Astro's HDMI adapter works on mine, I'll probably go that route and save a few hundred dollars. If not, I'll definitely take a look at the Corsairs!

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really wanted the Arctis 7X, but it doesn't seem like they'll come back in stock soon.

So... I confirmed with a rep from Steel Series that the 7P WILL work on Xbox via wired connection. Chat and audio are supported which is nice, so that's good enough for me. I'd rather use a wired cable vs moving the wireless adapter between consoles anyway.

Now I just need to offload my Arctis 9X... Anyone know a good place to sell gaming headsets outside of just local buy/sell apps? Hoping to get about $100 for it.

well yeah because it's just plugging into the headphone jack on the controller?

thePopaShots

Nov 27, 2017
Please Sony, just let me use my AirPods. If I want the best experience possible I'll plug in my M50's, but sometimes I just want to throw in my AirPods for multiplayer games, or when they are just the closet thing possible, and right now you need to buy a dumb bluetooth dongle to make them work. Feels bad man.

LeMillion

Jun 9, 2020
What about this? I am hoping for PS5 and XSX wireless with the respective 3D audio features.

Amazon.com: Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2 Gaming Headset — Comfortable Noise Cancelling Headphones: Electronics

Buy Bose QuietComfort 35 Series 2 Gaming Headset — Comfortable Noise Cancelling Headphones: Over-Ear Headphones - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases

According to this chart from their customer service site, it'll work with both but only via wired connection to the controller. No wireless support on consoles.

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC35-and-Game-Console-Compatibility/m-p/79712#M8721

chuey

Oct 28, 2017
Sony-MDR-V6-Headphones-01.jpg

I just use these. Wonder if the PS5 will let you use its built-in mic with a headset w/o a mic.

My man!! The best headset I've own. For both games and music. They just work.

Rocket786

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
SteelSeries products are confusing.

The 7x works with everything including a PS5 / Series X (most versatile headset).
The 7p works with everything except Xboxes
The 9x works only with Xboxes
The 9 works with everything except Xboxes
The top of the line Pro Wireless will work on none of the next gen systems and only works for PS4

Why does a cheap 7x work with more devices than the Pro? I understand the usb dongle vs the digital optical connection, but it just seems counterproductive to have your mid tier product have more functionality than your top of the line product.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
SteelSeries products are confusing.

The top of the line Pro Wireless will work on none of the next gen systems and only works for PS4

Why does a cheap 7x work with more devices than the Pro? I understand the usb dongle vs the digital optical connection, but it just seems counterproductive to have your mid tier product have more functionality than your top of the line product.

not entirely accurate, the Pros will work with PS5 via USB, they just won't support chat mix IIRC

steelseries.com

Which Arctis Headsets are Compatible with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5?

We're excited to announce that our Arctis gaming headsets are next-gen compatible with Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, and PlayStation 5.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
So Im just returning the turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2.
Buying headphones is exhausting ...
The 7x has no bluetooth right ? I really want a headset with good sound and usable with every device, it seems impossible

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
So Im just returning the turtle beach stealth 700 gen 2.
Buying headphones is exhausting ...
The 7x has no bluetooth right ? I really want a headset with good sound and usable with every device, it seems impossible
did u get xbox or ps4 version? and did you update the firmware?

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
you absolutely need to update the firmware. it'll very likely fix the issues your having. Needs to be the first thing you do. i got the stealth 600 xbox version.
Does it improve the sound or what does it change ? The android app does not say that there is a new firmware available

+
thinking about returning it because it can only be used on xbox. The 7x can be used everywhere but has no usb c.. Sadly there are no one comparing those sets yet

Apr 18, 2018
Anyone know if there is a difference in audio quality between a USB Wireless headset and using the 3.5mm jack on the controller?

I typically use a pair of Audio Technica ATH-M50x's or Philips SHP9500s plugged into my controller. Personally I think they both sound great and don't really mind the wire. It's also nice not having to deal with batteries or charging. I'm curious if I'm sacrificing audio quality though.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
For anyone interested in the Astro HDMI passthrough adapter, it is only HDMI 2.0 passthrough. If you have HDMI 2.1 on your tv, this device will prevent your tv from receiving the correct signal (will not pass 120 fps - not sure what else this affects).

Oct 28, 2017
For anyone interested in the Astro HDMI passthrough adapter, it is only HDMI 2.0 passthrough. If you have HDMI 2.1 on your tv, this device will prevent your tv from receiving the correct signal (will not pass 120 fps - not sure what else this affects).

This makes it pretty much useless to me then. Bummer, but guess I can live without the ability to adjust game/voice volume and just use the headset for audio.

Phonzo

Oct 26, 2017
Does it improve the sound or what does it change ? The android app does not say that there is a new firmware available

+
thinking about returning it because it can only be used on xbox. The 7x can be used everywhere but has no usb c.. Sadly there are no one comparing those sets yet
U update throught the turtle beach app on pc. I dont think it improves sounds but the headset have lots of kinks that get fixed with the update. If your issue is sound then i dont know but why not try it?

GK86

Oct 25, 2017

when will it be in stores?!
www.tomsguide.com

SteelSeries Arctis 7P/7X review: A nearly perfect gaming headset

The SteelSeries Arctis 7P/7X is one of the best gaming headsets ever made

Walmart has them in stock. They don't show up in the search for whatever reason.

nihilence

nøthing but silence
Oct 25, 2017
From 'quake area to big OH.
Do wireless headset for Xbox One and Series still requires the chat cable?

And I saw one person sat that the mixer on the back of the cans will get moved around if you have something like a head pillow. That would be a bummer.

Lom1lo

Oct 27, 2017
U update throught the turtle beach app on pc. I dont think it improves sounds but the headset have lots of kinks that get fixed with the update. If your issue is sound then i dont know but why not try it?
sound is quite nice but in the end its the combability that lead to sending it back and ordering the 7x. I really feel bad since Im pretty sure amazon is throwing it just in the trash (this is just a assumotion based on thinking about retour costs espessiacliy during covid).
Usb A is bad, but I guess I will survive

Torlain

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
You just refreshed and it magically restocked?

Yea it was odd when I clicked the link provided. It was showing available but no option or button to buy it.

I refreshed the webpage and it said 2 available with a radial button to click to buy that showed up. Got the confirmation email and payment email within a few minutes-expected delivery Thursday.

FuturaBold

Oct 27, 2017
Yea it was odd when I clicked the link provided. It was showing available but no option or button to buy it.

I refreshed the webpage and it said 2 available with a radial button to click to buy that showed up. Got the confirmation email and payment email within a few minutes-expected delivery Thursday.
Damn, good for you. Im still on the hunt for one!

ParityBit

Oct 25, 2017
So now that I think about it. I have the A50/Xbox and it is connected to my PCX though the base station. What would/do I need to connect this to my XSX also?

Pakesaker

Oct 25, 2017
Omaha, NE
Anyone looking for the Steelseries Arctis 7X should check their local Walmart. I have been keeping an eye on the Steelseries website for a few weeks trying to get one and they were always out of stock. The Steelseries website just added a click through to Walmart and several stores nearby said they had some. I was able to go pick one up this morning.