Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
Getting some real Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters vibes from this.

Hansel_and_Gretel_Witch_Hunters_.jpg
So it might be great?

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Jesus Christ, I do not like this. I mean I'll probably have to watch it but I don't like it.

Nov 3, 2021
You know what should happen to all these children's characters released into public domain? Put them in Smash Bros.

Seriously, why not? Easy win for the concept of Smash Bros.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not interested in shock value. It wears off.

They probably could have done a great heist movie instead.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ah so this is the great works public domain can bring to well established IPs that everyone here was talking about lol

Surakian

Shinra Employee
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
We good y'all. We don't need this.

(Not against people doing their own thing, I just don't like the idea of Pooh becoming a horror icon unironically)

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
👍

Also, I can't believe people are advocating for a multi-billion dollar conglomerate to have exclusive rights to a character instead of it going into the public domain...

I'm not. But the argument has some merit. Disney would treat this property with care and respect and likely make a film that's at least decent if not great. Instead they're less likely to do that since people can ruin the good name of the character with shit like this.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with that. Only that I do understand.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
He's gonna grind your fucking bones into honey and feed it to piglet

Jun 17, 2019
I think, as much as I loath the Doyle estate, they do have some sort of right idea in that well established works should, at the very least, for monetary gains, be at least subjected to some sort of scrutiny by the family. For example something like Little Red riding hood is as old as the hills, so open season, something like Pooh should have someone looking into how the character is being used for at least a while. For every Enola Holmes there's going to be shit like this, and there should be quality control for IP that has some history so that stuff like this movie doesn't get to make money.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
People will forget this movie exists a day after it comes out so really no reason to get bent out of shape about it lol. You can just tell from the screenshots it's going to suck.

Pelleas

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not. But the argument has some merit. Disney would treat this property with care and respect and likely make a film that's at least decent if not great. Instead they're less likely to do that since people can ruin the good name of the character with shit like this.

Again, I'm not saying I agree with that. Only that I do understand.
I can understand this reasoning, but think this would just result in a win for Disney if their Pooh ends up being perceived as the quality version resulting in people knowing to watch those and avoiding the Uwe Bolle ones.

I just like knowing if Ari Aster goes fucking nuts and decides to try his hand at a Pooh film, he can do it however he wants.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Very happy about this existing. Hope its a slasher movie. IMO we severly lack them due to all the ghost crap.

Orbis

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Surprised to see people suggesting public domain is a bad thing, it's not like Disney can't keep making their own high quality Winnie the Pooh stuff.

Most of the trash content we'll see will be risks taken only on low budgets and at worse will get a weird cult following, there's no real threat to Disney's incarnation of the character.

ThorHammerstein

Revenger
Nov 19, 2017
Dafuq is this shite? This is exactly why if a person, company or entity is still actively using their IP, it should not enter public domain.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
This looks real damn try hard and edgy on the surface, but I guess thats the fate of any childhood character entering the public domain.