• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
It sure would be cool if Microsoft communicated effectively about their games from the get-go.

Why would Microsoft even assume in advance that their flagship FPS title that has always had MP would be accused of not shipping with the aforementioned game mode? People are coming out of the woodwork with tales from their asses and they've done the only thing they could do which is refute dumb rumors.

Imagine falsely accusing say Ratchet and Clank of having an online only campaign despite that have never being said and getting annoyed at Sony for not clarifying that in advance.

Cyclonesweep

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Why would Microsoft even assume in advance that their flagship FPS title that has always had MP would be accused of not shipping with the aforementioned game mode? People are coming out of the woodwork with tales from their asses and they've done the only thing they could do which is refute dumb rumors.

Imagine falsely accusing say Ratchet and Clank of having an online only campaign despite that have never being said and getting annoyed at Sony for not clarifying that in advance.
Spiderman Miles Morales is a single episode Telltale style game.

It's not? Sony should of clarified that in the beginning.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
greater risk greater reward. It makes no sense to me that MS would revive this, basically, murdered franchise out of nowhere... and it just be the same old thing. I mean where is the Fable 1 & 2 remaster, at least, to remind people of the good old days? I think MS wanted to go after that MMO money and saw Fable as their gateway of sorts.
Got to be troll post. Affirming it's MMO in a thread that debunks it? MS killed a MMO Fable called Legends, and are now fulfilling fans wish by making a true Fable by one of the best studios in the industry. Do you often post to topics you've imagined?

Last edited:

aember

Oct 26, 2017
Affirming it's MMO in a thread that debunks it. MS killed a MMO Fable called Legends, and fulfilling fans wish by making a true Fable by one of their best studios in the industry.

Got to be troll post.
Wasn't Fable Legends going to be a 4v1 pvp game like that Resident Evil thing that came out recently? What's so MMO about it?

Jun 13, 2020
Not gonna lie, I'm not excited about the prospect of almost all Xbox first party games being GaaS. Which means microtransations. It's a huge turnoff for me, so the only first party games that I see myself playing when they release on Gamepass are the Ninja Theory and Obsidian ones.

Luyrar

Banned
Jul 19, 2018
i think Fable may have some multiplayer interaction ala souls games, which is totally fine and opcional.

We have a lot of reasons to be angry with the MS showcase, but on Fable case all we have is a title screen and a rumor that has already been taken down, we need to chill out a bit and wait for more news.

Deleted member 224

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't Fable Legends going to be a 4v1 pvp game like that Resident Evil thing that came out recently? What's so MMO about it?
Fable Legends was going to have a player hub and was going to be online-only.

That's sort of ignoring the franchise's history though. Fable 1-3 were well received commercially successful rpgs. Issues with the Fable 3 ending aside, the series started going downhill when they took the franchise away from being an rpg. Kinect games, $15 arcade games, and 4v1 online focused titles killed both the franchise and the studio behind it.

I understand if some people have reservations with Microsoft. But people have been asking for a Fable 1-3 style revival of the franchise for close to a decade.

Also, the original rumors of the game back in 2017 were that Fable was being revived as a direct response to the success of titles like Witcher 3 and Horizon:Zero Dawn.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna say the exact same thing that I said in the last one: I hope it is an MMO. Not like a 2004 WOW MMO or whatever, but something like Destiny, The Division, those kinds of games? Hell yes. It'd be an excellent fit with the setting and themes of the first game, and it has a lot of potential to revitalize the franchise and do something interesting with it.

So seeing it turned into a "if you think this is true you must be trolling!" thing is dumb to me. We've had a bunch of rumors and insiders popping up saying similar stuff for a minute now. If it's not real, personally, I'd find that a bummer. But there's room to disagree on the impact of the news. Y'all gotta chill.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'm not excited about the prospect of almost all Xbox first party games being GaaS. Which means microtransations. It's a huge turnoff for me, so the only first party games that I see myself playing when they release on Gamepass are the Ninja Theory and Obsidian ones.
First off, thank you for not lying to us, it's appreciated. Second you might want to look at the games they've released this year because none of them have had microtransactions. Ori, Gears Tactics, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons. Upcoming games like Tell Me Why, Grounded, Hellblade 2 won't have them. Even their most GAAS game this generation, Sea of Thieves, didn't have any MTX until recently when they added the option to buy pets.

WadeIt0ut

Oct 28, 2017
Iowa
It sure would be cool if Microsoft communicated effectively about their games from the get-go.

They never stated or implied either of the things discussed in this thread lol

It will probably be a shared world game where you can group with people if you want or ignore them completely. I remember the goofy orbs floating around back in Fable 2. This franchise always had big online aspirations.

Please god let this be what it is. Going to things ala Destiny would be so awesome for a Fable game.

Jun 13, 2020
First off, thank you for not lying to us, it's appreciated. Second you might want to look at the games they've released this year because none of them have had microtransactions. Ori, Gears Tactics, Bleeding Edge, Minecraft Dungeons. Upcoming games like Tell Me Why, Grounded, Hellblade 2 won't have them. Even their most GAAS game this generation, Sea of Thieves, didn't have any MTX until recently when they added the option to buy pets.
Lol why so aggressive? It's a figure of speech, in case you've never heard it.

StudioTan

Oct 27, 2017
Lol why so aggressive? It's a figure of speech, in case you've never heard it.
Wasn't being aggressive, I just find it funny when people say that as if they're saying their posts are lies unless otherwise specified.

Anyway, you didn't address any of the rest of my post. This narrative that all MS games are filled with MTX or are GAAS is completely wrong.

Typhoon20

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good news on Fable.

Halo though ? Barely 3-4 months till release and not a single thing about MP ? Especially after the disappointing SP show ?
And they have a 10 year plan ? The MP really needs to be BIG to warrant that. I'm always afraid with MS when it comes to them not showing anything about a game 3-4 months from release. I hope they are sensible and delay it if its not ready instead of rushing a poor product and hope for the best. How are they even gonna demo the MP ? Will we even have one ? So many questions.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Good news on Fable.

Halo though ? Barely 3-4 months till release and not a single thing about MP ? Especially after the disappointing SP show ?
And they have a 10 year plan ? The MP really needs to be BIG to warrant that. I'm always afraid with MS when it comes to them not showing anything about a game 3-4 months from release. I hope they are sensible and delay it if its not ready instead of rushing a poor product and hope for the best. How are they even gonna demo the MP ? Will we even have one ? So many questions.
They said they are.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Good news on Fable.

4 months is a very long time.