• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I've come back to this game so many times since original release. I love it so much. I can't believe one of my top 3 games of the gen is a Tetris game, but it's so incredible.

This tweet from 2 years ago sums up my feelings about the game better than anything I could write:

I need new levels, more amazing tracks. I'd settle for DLC I guess. Have there been any rumblings at all?

I'm guessing not since they've been busy fleshing out multiplayer with Tetris Effect Connected and all that, but I sure hope there's more to come.

ThatsMyTrunks

Mokuzai Studio
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
San Antonio, TX
There's an update coming to existing platforms next year called Tetris Effect Connected that adds multiplayer modes and stuff. It's currently available on GamePass for PC and XBox.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
God I hope so. It's one of the best games of the entire generation. Also, give us a new Lumines too.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Isn't Tetris Effect Connected a thing?
There's an update coming to existing platforms next year called Tetris Effect Connected that adds multiplayer modes and stuff. It's currently available on GamePass for PC and XBox.

Literally mentioned in my OP, guess I need to actually say the name of the DLC, though.

It's not a sequel, it's just multiplayer and some other stuff. I want new songs and levels.

NoWayOut

Oct 27, 2017
90% of my gaming on XSX has been TE Connected. It's just an amazing game, addictive in the right way.

Loud Wrong

Feb 24, 2020
I'm down for that. I just want new journey levels and tunes.
They did it with Lumines on 360 and PS3, but they don't seem all that interested in doing dlc anymore. They have a PS4/XB/Switch version of Lumines out and never offered any additional levels despite having over 100 from past games.

Fachasaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Just got through with the main journey mode on Game Pass. Such an incredible game.

Really gave me perspective on how bad I am at Tetris and how easy I thought that game was. Barely finished it on the lowest difficulty.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
One weird thing about transitioning it from PS4-PS5 is that I lost all my SS rankings on every journey mode and all my internal levels in the game. I dont know if I have the time/desire to go through it all again, but man, some of the tracks and levels have stuck with me. That's why I need new ones!

samred

Amico fun conversationalist
Nov 4, 2017
Seattle, WA

I strongly urge you to play this content instead of writing it off as "just multiplayer." The mix of competitive and co-op modes is really, really nicely done, and the NES-styled "classic" mode is an addictive translation of the Classic World Tetris Championship rules. New skins and music for each of the modes, as well, designed to morph and shift over 10- and 15-minute matches in impressive fashion.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I hope so ... if not some DLC or something. As much as I love the campaign of the game, it's over & done with so quickly. I absolutely love it for what it did, but it left me wanting more themes & levels because it did such a good job of execution with the others.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I'm so fucking angry at the level with the space command radio chatter sounds.

FUCK.

Give me more.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I strongly urge you to play this content instead of writing it off as "just multiplayer." The mix of competitive and co-op modes is really, really nicely done, and the NES-styled "classic" mode is an addictive translation of the Classic World Tetris Championship rules. New skins and music for each of the modes, as well, designed to morph and shift over 10- and 15-minute matches in impressive fashion.

I have 0 interest in playing this multiplayer, sorry. I've already got Tetris 99 for when I need that drip.

I just want more stuff that blows my mind and makes me feel the feels.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
I hope so ... if not some DLC or something. As much as I love the campaign of the game, it's over & done with so quickly. I absolutely love it for what it did, but it left me wanting more themes & levels because it did such a good job of execution with the others.

The level where you swim with the dolphins is one of the coolest, most peaceful, best levels in any game I've ever played

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The level where you swim with the dolphins is one of the coolest, most peaceful, best levels in any game I've ever played
For me, it was Hula Soul. I resonated more with the fast-paced, high-intensity levels. I enjoyed the chill levels like Dolphin Surf to bring me back down to a normal BPM, but I got into such a perfect Tetris groove with Hula Soul.

Youngfossil

Oct 27, 2017
I don't own it on a platform that has connected yet, anyway. Although is it on PC gamepass? Guess I could check it out there. The thing is Tetris Effect puts me in a trance like state and competing with others would pull me out of that, I feel.
There is coop bro! and yes its on PC game pass. Only reason I'm not playing it RIGHT NOW (other than I'm at work), there isnt VR yet

SteveWinwood

Oct 25, 2017
USA USA USA
im still just sitting here waiting for a steam release

its amazing how its going to take almost 3 years for them to make it there, what a joke

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
Banned
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah I would easily take another campaign. The multiplayer in Connected is fine and all but I want more of the good stuff.

Deleted member 8752

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it really that good? I have a ton of iterations of Tetris.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do I need this right now? I have a PSVR too.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I kinda doubt it. They wanted to make Tetris for so long, and finally got it, and nailed it. I hope Miz and Co go make whatever weird stuff they want, I love all their games.

OP
OP
NattyBo

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Is it really that good? I have a ton of iterations of Tetris.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how much do I need this right now? I have a PSVR too.

11. It's the reason to own a PSVR. But it's also great just on a 4K display.

I'm playing it on gamepass on my new PC at 200% of 4K on ultra settings and holy fuck this game is still so pretty. Gonna check out the co op modes people talked about later.

That said my point stands I need another journey. It was transcendent. Rarely felt so emotional from a game let alone freaking Tetris lol