Jan 11, 2018
Some of ya'll who actually own the games and never played them but refuse to play them cause you want them on Switch...

If Retro Studios is doing the remasters, there's no way they'd half-ass it.

They left out the amazing menu music in the Wii U trilogy, and vfx on Samus' arm cannon, and nerfed the difficulty in Prime 2. Unacceptable.

It's annoying if it's true that they're waiting for MP4 to release it. I haven't played any of them, so dumping a trilogy on me before the latest one hits will just burn me out.

My guess is that if it's real (which is no guarantee), they'll do it about a year in advance. They're not super long games (by today's standards... about 12-20 hours) so it shouldn't be that bad.

IronFalcon1997

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
If you believe the insiders, then yes, it's coming. However, we were "supposed to see it" several times now, and while I get that with the delay they would delay MPT as well, it's pretty odd that there's been like 3 or 4 "last minute changes" where we haven't seen it. What I'm trying to say is, don't place your trust in insiders

takriel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only want it if it can hold 60fps at 1080p in docked mode with good-looking visual enhancements.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
It's really difficult to believe the line about how a trilogy port has been done for *literal years* and they didn't see a pandemic year with an anemic release schedule as a good time to deploy it.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
After how Mario 3D All Stars was treated I'm expecting the lowest possible effort being put into these ports, and nearly expecting MP1 on the cartridge and the other 2 being downloads.

I expect the absolute least now, given how Mario was treated.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I'm still convinced that it's been done and they're sitting on it. In fact I think that collection was the template they used for the Mario 3D collection so I'd expect some straight bare bones remasters. Also would not be shocked if it's available for only a limited time.

AndrewGPK

Oct 27, 2017
A remaster of the trilogy would be so sick. Which studio would be the most suited to do the job? Panic Button?

Would be amazing. Panic Button seems to focus on making graphically demanding current gen titles (or I guess last gen now...) run on Switch. Does Nintendo work with any company like Sony does with Bluepoint that specializes in remasters and remakes? Seems like that would be a real value to them.

Deleted member 6730

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think all those insiders were fed bullshit.

Like ok, holding off game releases for a few months isn't uncommon in this industry. Holding off for three years when there were plenty of opportunities to release it earlier is. And Metroid Prime isn't Kingdom Hearts, you don't need to play the previous entries to understand what's going on so I don't buy "we're saving it so it's closer to Prime 4" either.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it'll probably release closer to when Nintendo internally sees a viable window for Metroid Prime 4 to come out.

I can see 2022 at the latest.

Fortunately in the meantime, it's still available on the Wii U digitally :)

Leo-Tyrant

Jan 14, 2019
San Jose, Costa Rica
You know what?

I no longer care. I have been waiting for these 3 HD remasters since the 1080p era.

I expect them to be 8K, Dolby Vision 3.0 and 240fps when they finally happen in 2030. Or 2040 with the state of Nintendo in the IQ department.

I also want them to have regular controls options, Wiimote was nice but at the end and I enjoyed the cube controller in a more methodical way.