Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's been enough removed from MvC:I that people's thirst for another Capcom Vs. title is gonna come back, especially because fans will want more Capcom fighters than just Street Fighter. Marvel is still as popular as ever between Marvel Comics, the MCU, etc and Marvel Games has been more committed to the console gaming than ever these past few years. With the PS5 and Scarlett on the way, wouldn't it natural Capcom try taking another shot at MvC? This one going back to basics and with the X-Men/Fantastic 4 not off-limits now.

What do you think? Will there be a Marvel vs Capcom 5 or another reboot? Or is the series just dead now after Infinite?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
capcom is back
marvel makes bank

i'm sure we'll see another.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's dead. Marvel killed it, and I don't see them going back to Capcom again after how badly Infinite was handled.

I also don't see the FANBASE being willing to go back for another helping after being burned as badly as they were by Infinite.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel will never give Capcom the creative freedom to do anything interesting with the roster.

Let the past die, because Capcom Fighting All-Stars is where we must march.

Oct 29, 2017
The fuckery surrounding Infinite has soured me on an MvC5. It's a painful thing to admit given how much I loved the franchise, but it's the truth.

I'd rather see a Capcom All-Stars type deal where Capcom has full control. And, hopefully, gives the team ample time, budget and resources to make something worth buying this time.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Time to move on. Marvel's ridiculous demands sucked so much joy out of the franchise.

Plenty of companies with big IP that would be ripe for a crossover. Shonen Jump vs. Capcom is begging to happen.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Capcom is on point with every genre except fighting. I'd rather see what they do with SF6 before taking another stab at MvC.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I rather they give us Capcom vs SNK 3 but to be honest if the money is on the table we will see MVC5.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Capcom deserves better than getting fucked over by Mahvel.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's dead. Marvel killed it, and I don't see them going back to Capcom again after how badly Infinite was handled.

I also don't see the FANBASE being willing to go back for another helping after being burned as badly as they were by Infinite.
i'm very willing as long as the game goes back to the umvc3 formula.

skillzilla81

"This guy are sick"
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Marvel will never give Capcom the creative freedom to do anything interesting with the roster.

I mean...Ultimate Alliance has Blade, Morbius, Punisher, Moon Knight, Hella X-Men, Crystal, Kamala, and lots of other cool picks.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

Fans will come back if it's good and they like what they see.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
It would be cool if both companies try it again, since some of the issues that affected Infinite are now solved:

-Marvel can now make movies about Fantastic Four/X-Men/Spiderman, so they won't try to push characters we don't care about into the roster.

-Hopefully DB FighterZ success gave some clues to Capcom that the audience likes 3 vs 3 matches and cartoon/comic book graphics.

-They can release a MvC 4 as their first flagship esports Game for next-gen so they have more time to develop SF6 and still have a shiny new game for EVO.

Hopefully both Marvel and Capcom see the potential for a new entry done with enough care.

Radamammuth

Dec 8, 2017
I wish but doubt they are gonna get it right with Marvel and all.
Plus 1 for the Capcom all-stars, let them go fucking crazy.

tapedeck

Oct 28, 2017
Definitely yes, it's too much money to leave on the table.

I actually think MvC4 will be the return to form we all wanted.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean...Ultimate Alliance has Blade, Morbius, Punisher, Moon Knight, Hella X-Men, Crystal, Kamala, and lots of other cool picks.

The only good character in that list is Kamala.

Capcom has too many good characters to give up half the roster to boring superhero jerks.

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Yes it will be back next gen. A Marvel movie just became the biggest of all time. This is a franchise that you try over and over and over until it works. They'll never just give up on it.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
I'd really hope so, a new MvC game could be something else.

Though both Capcom and Marvel should take notice from what happened with Infinite and do something right and good this time around.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

This. Capcom didn't have access to X-Men and F4, but even without them MvCI never felt like it made inspired roster choices. It was all MCU corporate synergy bullshit pushed by Marvel on their side.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Dunno if MvC comes back, but I fully expect we get some sort of Vs. Title. MVC:I team ditched that game so fast, they gotta be working on something besides just SF6

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
I'm good on seeing Marvel ruin things with their MCU demands again.

Capcom Vs. should live on but not versus the Marvel roster.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
Is it really Marvel who calls the shots or does it all boil down to Disney giving the approvals?

Otherwise, yes. I think it deserves a second chance. Infinite was just not at the right place at the right time unfortunately.

nded

Nov 14, 2017
It seems there's still some kind of working relationship between Marvel and Capcom, so maybe.

I'd still rather Capcom do something on their own.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
I could see a next gen game possible, but it might take quite a while for it to release.

LSauchelli

Oct 25, 2017
At this point, I'd rather have Marvel get someone like Iron Galaxy to make a game inspired in the old Marvel Super Heroes arcade game.

Man God

Oct 25, 2017

Fanbase came back for SFIV after being burned by SF III. Just takes time.

Knight613

Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
I would think the new Marvel that wasn't there when Infinite was made would want a game in every genre and Marvel vs Capcom is their most popular.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
In hindsight, Infinite came out at the worst possible time, right before Marvel eased the fuck out of corporate-driving its games (helped out by the Fox deal going through) and right before Capcom really fixed SFV and started etching itself back into CapGod status.

Both are in far better positions to go again, especially with Marvel's blowup post-Endgame, but it needs to be clear to both just why Infinite fucked up last time.

Anbec

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I think Capcom can do something with their own IPs after Infinite... I'm not sure I can go around that again.
Capcom Vs anyone would be better at this point sadly.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
I still think Project Vs Zone (Namco Vs Sega Vs Capcom) could be amazing. Maybe if Capcom's not interested then Namco/ASW could do it instead.

RestEerie

Banned
Aug 20, 2018
Just make a capcom vs all-stars so that they don't have to deal with licensing and the whatnot.