• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

plebc

Jan 7, 2018
Q9: What kind of impact do you think games from other software publishers will have on the Nintendo Switch business going forward? I feel that unit sales of titles by other software publishers have been growing at a faster pace than those of Nintendo titles, so what can you say about the future ratio of titles by Nintendo and other software publishers?

A9 Furukawa: As discussed in the Financial Results Explanatory Material (page 14), other software publishers plan to release a wide variety of titles for Nintendo Switch going forward. There are many genres of games that we cannot make on our own and their providing these kinds of titles enriches the Nintendo Switch gaming experience, so we are very grateful for that. Regarding the speed of growth in unit sales, the fact is that sales of Nintendo Switch software are increasing both for Nintendo titles and titles by other software publishers, and we want Nintendo Switch to be a platform on which both can continue to sell well.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I mean it's a pretty broad statement that is true no matter what. There's a wide variety now. You have farming games, horror games, adventure games, shooters, dating sims, RPGs, etc. I don't think there's anything suggesting that was changing in any particular direction except maybe more developers flirting with Cloud versions of big-budget games.

salromano

Mr. Gematsu
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There's always a wide variety of third-party software planned. It's not news I'm afraid.

Dec 11, 2017
Despite the Switch selling like hot cakes this year, I have extremely low expectations for major Western third party support going forward.

Japanese third party support should be solid for years to come, though. And of course indie games.