• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
I got FE3H for Christmas, and Female Byleth's model is driving me crazy. I mean, I've played characters that were even more overly sexualized before, but...that outfit is just hideous, and I cannot get over how big her chest is. Maybe having played FF14 almost exclusively for the last 4 months has something to do with that (the female characters are more realistically endowed there,)

I understand issues with her costume design being sexualized but I'm not sure what you're getting at with her breast size. What is abnormal or unrealistic about the actual size of her breasts?

Your comment makes it sound like she's PS1 Lara Croft.

Chudah

Apr 23, 2019
I understand issues with her costume design being sexualized but I'm not sure what you're getting at with her breast size. What is abnormal or unrealistic about the actual size of her breasts?

Your comment makes it sound like she's PS1 Lara Croft.

Her chest size is massive for her small frame, and it's REALLY noticeable in-game.

Last edited:

Sacul64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
True, but why not both as the default. I agree that Female Byleth's design is trash. But given Smash's severe lack of characters who are primarily female, I'll take what I can get.

I mean they should let you pick. I would have Richter over Simon in a heart beat for the select screen.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
You know, one of the alts should have been Byleth first DLC costume.

Oct 25, 2017
EOadt7jU0AA6jk2

Solid leggings with this alt at least.

Aexact

Oct 30, 2017
I liked E&L a lot and it was not creepy. I have to mention it was awk when the game shipped the 2x MC together due to age gap and Escha acting like 12 though.
Escha is supposed to be 15 and Logy 18 but yeah, her personality was so childish that their character dynamic doesn't change even when she's (an alternate dimensional version of herself) at 11 and Logy is 28 in Atelier Firis. What she says as an 11 year old and as a 15 year old is pretty similar. And Firis still ships them as a "promise when you're older" thing.

... I'm sounding pretty displeased but the version of Escha that I played was pretty subdued on pairing them. I hear they added more of those scenes in the ports but from what I played on the PS3, Escha and Logy could pass as coworkers so I didn't think about that aspect in the moment. It's just expected from male/female costars to have romantic chemistry that drove the initial impression.

Rae

Mar 7, 2019
Escha is supposed to be 15 and Logy 18 but yeah, her personality was so childish that their character dynamic doesn't change even when she's (an alternate dimensional version of herself) at 11 and Logy is 28 in Atelier Firis. What she says as an 11 year old and as a 15 year old is pretty similar. And Firis still ships them as a "promise when you're older" thing.

... I'm sounding pretty displeased but the version of Escha that I played was pretty subdued on pairing them. I hear they added more of those scenes in the ports but from what I played on the PS3, Escha and Logy could pass as coworkers so I didn't think about that aspect in the moment. It's just expected from male/female costars to have romantic chemistry that drove the initial impression.

I played E&L plus it's like blink and you miss it choice in convos. I mean, it's just weird how immature Escha is compared to Logy lol. The strangest part is how there's a lack of mature women overall in Atelier and mostly kids or teens. I'm just sitting here waiting for the return of another male alchemist in a decade or so now. The main issues are that devs want to calm the fans by making everyone single.

RedSwirl

Oct 25, 2017
Innocent has been on my list of manga to eventually read for a while.

It's not licensed in English though.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I always wanted to buy the cosmetic DLC for Mass Effect 2, just to give Jack a shirt. I never did, but damn if it wasn't seared into my mind of it every time I played.

Because, by default Jack wears this all game:
images

(I am not exaggerating. Though you can unlock an alternative outfit with a vest if you complete her loyalty mission. The DLC is a third outfit.)

I've never understood why Bioware left her in her prison clothes all game, let alone that outfit. Makes zero sense at all.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I always wanted to buy the cosmetic DLC for Mass Effect 2, just to give Jack a shirt. I never did, but damn if it wasn't seared into my mind of it every time I played.

images

(I am not exaggerating. Though you can unlock an alternative outfit with a vest if you complete her loyalty mission. The DLC is a third outfit.)

I've never understood why Bioware left her in her prison clothes all game, let alone that outfit. Makes zero sense at all.
Yeah reckoning with Jack the character versus the appearance of Jack was maybe the most eye-opening thing for me early in the last decade.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019

images

It was an absolutely terrible design. I changed it as soon as I could. I feel like FemShep got worse in ME3 as well though.

Oct 25, 2017
The game might be brilliant but I'm still not going to play it if I have to pay more money to avoid seeing that design in every goddamn scene unless I choose to play as the dude
Since you spend most of your time running around, I sometimes forgot what her outfit looked like since it looks fine from behind. Then a cutscene happens and I remember, "oh yeah she's wearing this garbage outfit"

It was an absolutely terrible design. I changed it as soon as I could. I feel like FemShep got worse in ME3 as well though.
MShep gets a face scan of a model from the first game.

FemShep finally gets a default custom face in the third game, but her looks gets based off a facebook poll and the head model they end up creating was too big for her body and cartoony. I don't see why they bothered if they weren't going to put any effort into it.

Edit: They def changed her body too. Made her butt bigger and hips wider.

femshep_comparison.jpg

I remember her running looking goofy as hell.

Deleted member 56306

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2019
Since you spend most of your time running around, I sometimes forgot what her outfit looked like since it looks fine from behind. Then a cutscene happens and I remember, "oh yeah she's wearing this garbage outfit"

MShep gets a face scan of a model from the first game.

FemShep finally gets a default custom face in the third game, but her looks gets based off a facebook poll and the head model they end up creating was too big for her body and cartoony. I don't see why they bothered if they weren't going to put any effort into it.

Edit: They def changed her body too. Made her butt bigger and hips wider.

femshep_comparison.jpg

I remember her running looking goofy as hell.

The bigger butt and hips I think came with smaller arms, right? I may be misremembering but I remember being very annoyed by it as it looked strange.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Since the topic of Fire Emblem has been brought up, I'm curious what is this thread's opinion on the other female character designs of Three Houses, aside from Byleth, who has already been thoroughly discussed?

SchrodingerC

Oct 25, 2017
Since the topic of Fire Emblem has been brought up, I'm curious what is this thread's opinion on the other female character designs of Three Houses, aside from Byleth, who has already been thoroughly discussed?

Besides the obvious, majority of the female characters for Three Houses were far above what we've seen in previous FE games. Even the post time skips designs are fine, for the most part. Catherine's boob plates makes me wish for a proper chest plate; her design is almost perfect.

They are definitely toeing the line with Sothis though.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Petra's post timeskip design was a mistake, a really horrible one. Overall, I was happy with the designs for the women minus glaring outliers like Kronya and Cornelia. Also all the boob armor sucked.
If I'm honest from what I've seen of FE:TH it comes across as an indie early access game on Steam in regards to its graphics.
Nintendo contracting Koei Tecmo was a real mistake, the game looks and runs like shit. I'd say the characters models are nice but that really only applies from the head up.

Status
Not open for further replies.