• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2017
Does anyone else have a problem in which the longer they navigate the store the slower it gets. I have to get back to the PS4 home menu and then enter the store again so it goes back to normal.

I haven't noticed that on PS4 store, but the PS3 store is the biggest piece of crap with the current design. After a couple of minutes it just likes to lock up, and I've seen it do it on launch PS3s, slim PS3's, super slim PS3's, every PS3. Like what possessed them to go "yup, this is acceptable and not broken in any way."

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
It's horrid. I've completely switched to the browser store which works just fine.

I don't even go in to the PS Store anymore because it's nearly useless in its current state. I wonder if their advertisers know how terrible it is?

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
What was wrong with the old one from 2012?

Searching for a game in a specific series with bazillion entries, DLCs and microtranscations is just way too much, and it's even worse if the DLCs you're looking for is from a video game with a long ass title:

KyMOBeo.jpg

You can't even know the DLC's names unless you pause for 5 seconds or press on the DLC to know if it's the one you're looking for, it's such a badly designed search engine it makes me dread going to the store.

Who on earth thought that searching by scrolling letters was a good idea how the hell is this acceptable in 2018?

It's laggy and the letter wheel is a very unnecessarily dumb decision.

I was looking to buy Drive Club the other day.

giphy.gif

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But guys, have you seen season 2 of Westworld and subscribed to HBO yet?

This ad is very annoying, appears almost everywhere in the store and also in What's New section

As for DLC's, I think it's better to locate the game's launch icon in the dashboard, scroll down and go to the add-ons section. At least in my case it made it much easier to track owned and new Driveclub DLC's (and there were dozens of them).

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
My PS4 also froze twice inside PS Store. It's not just bad design, it's also full of needlessly taxing processes that sometimes locks the console up.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
So... It seems PSN Store (EU) has changed its search engine to be the same used to fill forms in other areas of the system. It also includes a visual overhaul, with previews of the items you're browsing for.

When did this happen? I'd say it's a welcome improvement.

Ghost250

Mar 19, 2018
The PlayStation store is such trash and slow, especially on an OG PS4. They really need to overhaul the store completely, the predecessor store on the PS3 may have been simple, but at least it worked. One thing i'm really tired of is how when you're browsing on the store and the icons don't show up, especially when browsing through add-ons.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even use the console store. It's slow, slow to navigate, and has baffling design decisions like this.

Like, Sony...you...have a system for entering text and numerals already. How.

Ghost250

Mar 19, 2018
Oh, also I totally forgot about the fact that when you click on a game, an entire theme of that game loads up for it (in most cases) followed by a gameplay video or trailer. While, in theory it may look cool, but it gets really annoying when you gotta sit through that just so you can purchase what you're looking for. Sony needs to learn less is better.

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
They changed the search function on the console store to be better, where you type in what you want to search instead of going letter by letter and the first results are actually what you want rather than some random crap.

I believe that's what Gadwin was commenting on.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The store actually used to be pretty good back on the PS3 before they introduced the PS4 store style re-design.

Now the best way to buy games is through the web store and then going to your library on the console. You can even remotely start downloads on the web store if you're playing on your primary PS4.
Yeah it feels like they don't even care and asume that people use the webstore or PlayStation App anyways, lol.
It's so bizzare, that UIs got so much worse since the beginning of last-gen.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
The PlayStation store is such trash and slow, especially on an OG PS4. They really need to overhaul the store completely, the predecessor store on the PS3 may have been simple, but at least it worked. One thing i'm really tired of is how when you're browsing on the store and the icons don't show up, especially when browsing through add-ons.

It's slow as shit on my pro too. I don't get how they haven't fixed this yet, it's so damn annoying if you want to buy some dlc/new game.

Can't talk about the X1 store, since I don't own one anymore, but in my memory that worked a lot faster.

Nintendo eShop at times loads slowly too, but nothing like the Sony one (prolly due to less users).

Ghost250

Mar 19, 2018
It's slow as shit on my pro too. I don't get how they haven't fixed this yet, it's so damn annoying if you want to buy some dlc/new game.

Can't talk about the X1 store, since I don't own one anymore, but in my memory that worked a lot faster.

Nintendo eShop at times loads slowly too, but nothing like the Sony one (prolly due to less users).

WOW!!! It's slow on the pro too??? And here I thought the issue may have been remedied somewhat on there. Just utterly ridiculous, especially because i got a the red dead ps4 pro on pre-order right now.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
WOW!!! It's slow on the pro too??? And here I thought the issue may have been remedied somewhat on there. Just utterly ridiculous, especially because i got a the red dead ps4 pro on pre-order right now.

I feel like most things that were slow on the OG PS4 are also slow on the Pro. I say as an owner of one too.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
I've never felt the store to be slow either on my PS4 or pro, and frankly the webstore version doesn't appear to be any different in my experience.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
By changing multiple times throughout the years of Internet provider, I've seen how finicky PSN is with connections that work perfectly while playing online or using apps. If you have any problem at all when loading the menu or the store, run a connection test under "Network" settings on the system. It will solve the slowdowns inmediately, and lasts 10 seconds or less.

Deleted member 27751

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
By changing multiple times throughout the years of Internet provider, I've seen how finicky PSN is with connections that work perfectly while playing online or using apps. If you have any problem at all when loading the menu or the store, run a connection test under "Network" settings on the system. It will solve the slowdowns inmediately, and lasts 10 seconds or less.
For me it's just the menus in general. Even moving around on my slim through home menus is so terrible at times. If there is truly one thing wrong with the PS4 that the Switch does well and I hope the PS5 does is cut down on bloated menu animations.

Oct 27, 2017

I have no clue what they are talking about because literally Sony regained the search engine to make it fast and it really is fast as fuck. Same goes for the store. If your internet isn't the best, it's obviously going to load slower.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have no clue what they are talking about because literally Sony regained the search engine to make it fast and it really is fast as fuck. Same goes for the store. If your internet isn't the best, it's obviously going to load slower.
Nah PSN is slow on Pro and it even just disconnect for some reason. It never happens on other store fronts. I'm on Nat 2 and wired.

We're better off using the web store although you can't use the exploit of using a CC outside of your region on web store.

Malcolm9

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Nah PSN is slow on Pro and it even just disconnect for some reason. It never happens on other store fronts. I'm on Nat 2 and wired.

We're better off using the web store although you can't use the exploit of using a CC outside of your region on web store.

I've got a Pro and it isn't slow for me, never had it disconnect at all either even going back to the start of this generation.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Fully agree with OP. And while we are at it 2 other things that I don't understand:
  • Why are themes treated so shitty? With the exception of the new TLOU2 theme, none of them have any previews
  • Also why is it so hard to add a proper wish list also for the PS4 UI (compared to the mobile app)

Status
Not open for further replies.