• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone knows that "vanilla" is kind of the base flavor for ice cream, and alongside chocolate it's the most popular. But after buying some new febreeze air fresheners, I realized that while vanilla is super popular as a scent (in candles, sprays, etc.) but chocolate is nowhere to be found, even though I'd argue that chocolate as a flavor is more popular than vanilla.

WTF is up with that? Is there a market for chocolate scented candles and chocolate air fresheners that are being underserved right at this moment?!

tldr: ERA should make a chocolate scented candle and sell it to dril for millions of dollars

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Chocolate isn't that great of a smell on it's own.

RadzPrower

One Winged Slayer
Jan 19, 2018
Me and my wife were in the mall Saturday and picked up a chocolate scented candle to smell it...we both agreed it was disgusting...and my wife actually really loves chocolate where I don't.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Chocolate doesn't smell particularly great except in very specific situations. Vanilla is soothing, chocolate can kind of overpower your senses if you have to smell it for too long.

I used to work downwind from a chocolate factory when I lived in Chicago. For like 15 seconds upon stepping outside, it would smell great, but then after a short while it would just be like "oh god it won't leave my nose". It gets to be too much.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
For vanilla smell you just need the anal gland of a bever.
Chocolate only smells great in large quantities. Vanilla smell is stronger.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
It isn't? I have a cholocate scented shea butter for my body... I think it smells really nice šŸ™

Gunny T Highway

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Chocolate only smells nice in certain situations. Vanilla is a much more pleasant smell to most people.

Pulp

Nov 4, 2017
I haven't seen fresh ground coffee scent either (which I want!) Comes down to sales probably..

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Vanilla is a good modifier, like musk or tonka been. You can take most any scent and give it some warmth and complexity by adding vanilla.

Chocolate has fewer notes that it pairs well with, though I'm personally quite fond of chocolate or cocoa notes in fragrances.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Everyone knows that "vanilla" is kind of the base flavor for ice cream, and alongside chocolate it's the most popular. But after buying some new febreeze air fresheners, I realized that while vanilla is super popular as a scent (in candles, sprays, etc.) but chocolate is nowhere to be found, even though I'd argue that chocolate as a flavor is more popular than vanilla.

WTF is up with that? Is there a market for chocolate scented candles and chocolate air fresheners that are being underserved right at this moment?!

tldr: ERA should make a chocolate scented candle and sell it to dril for millions of dollars

I prefer to eat it rather than smell it.

julia crawford

Took the red AND the blue pills
Oct 27, 2017
Did you know there is a high risk that if something smells of chocolate people will eat it
It's true

hikarutilmitt

"This guy are sick"
Dec 16, 2017
I haven't seen fresh ground coffee scent either (which I want!) Comes down to sales probably..
This would actually get me to buy a candle. That and maybe some type of beer or lager, since I tend to like the smell of beers but goddamn if I can ever stomach to drink one.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
if anyone has been the Hershey Park and gone thru that the making of chocolate ride knows how good chocolate smells

inb4 hersheys isnt chocolate

maigret

Jun 28, 2018
Most scents come from flowers, don't they? Vanilla is from an orchid whereas chocolate is from a seed that needs to be dried and processed before we consume it.

balohna

Nov 1, 2017
Most people will riot if they smell chocolate and then don't get to eat it. It's too dangerous to just waft the scent at people without delivering the goods.

Neuroxia

Mar 31, 2019
6VfyGu9.png

Axe never fails to deliver :))

Shadow

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
My mom has a stuffed animal that smells like chocolate. Always awesome to smell.

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Vanilla is stronger of a scent.

But chocolate is pretty popular, it just doesn't have that much oomph.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
in my experience, lots of people like cocoa or chocolate hints in fragrance

of course i wouldn't like anything that smelled like Hershey anyway lmao.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A good chocolate scent isn't particularly overwhelming, but it's quite strong, mellow and full in the same way the smell of coffee is. And while I love the smell of a fresh cup of coffee, I wouldn't want my house to smell like it 24/7. Whereas beaver ass vanilla is brighter, fresher as a smell and so it's more subtly invigorating and inviting.

Deleted member 28564

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There are a few dark chocolate and white chocolate scented products available. I personally don't appreciate non-edible things smelling like foodstuff.

Oct 25, 2017
You might think a pizza smells delicious as a food you're about to eat, but not as an aromatic you'd burn a candle for your house. Chocolate kinda falls in the same category.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
After years of being bombarded by Lynx/Axe Chocolate sprays in the boys locker rooms, I'm a little traumatised by chocolate based scents.