• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How many people actually got beyond the pic and made it to the point of the article?
I'm going to guess that virtually nobody bothered to read the article, and opted to dogpile on the photograph instead.

It says you pay by weight, so the portion you get it whatever you choose to purchase.

peteykirch

Oct 25, 2017
LX1Qffy.jpg

Had that in Concord NC. Was so damn good, ended up getting nearly 3 meals out of this tray.

7gPJAAp.jpg

That's from a local BBQ place in NJ. It's good, but not as good as getting legit NC BBQ.

fallengorn

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
Just to sorta redeem Fette Sau (because they are pretty good) here's a better picture of food from there.

lbZRtt5.jpg

like, I don't even understand what this article is trying to say. that brooklyn bbq is more accessible?

and the ending bit

"I wonder what would happen if someone tried to imitate the inimitable Aaron Franklin in Buenos Aires, calling their brisket 'Austin-style.' Would there be outrage? Cries of heresy? Maybe it is just that the Brooklyn brand is already so exploited that no one really gives a shit anymore?"

what the hell does that even mean lol, franklin's brisket is just brisket with a half salt half pepper rub and smoked with oak. why would there be outrage if you emulated that? it's a simple ass recipe where the quality hinges more on the quality of the meat you're using and the process by which you smoke it.

I don't understand anything about this article

and I'm still caught up on that struggle ass picture of brisket and those kings rolls
Yeah... it's not a really good article. I've read better articles/seen videos talking about the "exporting" of Brooklyn around the world.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus.

Texas, The Carolinas, Georgia, Memphis, and KC are putting aside their problems and coming together to denounce this.

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nothing, and I mean nothing, beats BBQ in the state of Missouri. Primarily KC. But Saint Louis is no slouch.

Deleted member 2210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
im not even from a state with a bbq culture but this is insulting and disrespectful. delete this now.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
But now it's spreading, very quickly and without warning, to every fucking corner of the world. The barbecue being assimilated in places like Colombia, Spain, Panama,

At first I was like, "Wait but those countries actually have good food why would they...?" but then I remember what other countries think about American food and it sort of clicked for me.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tfw when you gentrify so hard you start fucking up regional dishes that aren't even from the gentrified region

Oct 25, 2017
I got the feeling that picture was purposely just a tad unflattering, so I tried looking up more pics of the bbq from that place for a fairer look and found that my initial feeling was mostly right.

dsc05139.jpg

20130203_inq_aecraig03_600.jpg

I'm all for a good pile-on, buuuut pic and article seem a bit disingenuous.

BBQ is pretty meh like Mexican food.
All this reveals is that you've never had neither good BBQ or Mexican.

Waffles

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Fette Sau should sue. What a terrible picture to use.

Brooklyn has some great BBQ. I enjoy Hometown.

c53866e4b4bef8ed0cd70a3b85266842.jpg

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What is with the Hawaiian rolls? I could think of lot of other stuff that would go better with a plate of barbecue meat.

Hawkijustin

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Iowa
That is the most sad ass looking excuse for BBQ that I have ever seen. Putting coffee in your rub does not make you special. You might be the last person in the game to try that. Please keep this shit in NY. The rest of the country can enjoy real BBQ.

Deleted member 5359

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dear the Five Boroughs of New York City,

It's okay to occasionally sit down, be humble, and not mindlessly scream about how you're the best at every single activity and cuisine in the world. This is very much one of those times.

Salmonax

Oct 27, 2017
I'm all for a good pile-on, buuuut pic and article seem a bit disingenuous.

Yeah, that all looks quite good to me. Based on the Munchies photo, I'd assume their article was a hit piece.

But it's quite the opposite, framing this restaurant as a gold standard the whole world is mimicking. That seems pretty insane to me as this brand of upscale BBQ is everywhere these days. Either way the photo is puzzling.

Fuchsia

Oct 28, 2017
BBQ is pretty meh like Mexican food.

This is a joke designed to be bait right? BBQ and mexican, when done right, are two of the best types of food you can possibly eat. Living in California, I am actually addicted to mexican food now.

Sheesh. Coming in here trying to drag mexican down too... Come on. You're better than this.

Vas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably $75. The rib is $30 itself.

That's a lot, but I guess nowadays if you can afford to live in Brooklyn you can afford to pay whatever anybody asks.

I'm sure it would be likely the best BBQ most people will ever eat, too. That looks really good, but what do I know? I'm not really from the South, although to people from NYC I might as well be from North Texas because of my accent. lol